Best pair to trade ?

EUR/USD is my favourite currency pair. It is because of the more stable nature than other currency pairs and the kind of liquidity that it offers.

GBP/USD is my favourite currency pair. I’d suggest that traders should prefer trading stable currency pairs. Though choosing a currency pair for trading is a personal choice of a trader.

I think what pair is best for not scaring off a beginner somewhat depends on their background. It is best to choose from major pairs, that's for sure.

Since I’m trading in the Asian session, I would recommend USD/JPY and USD/CNY. The best currency pairs depend on the trading session chosen by traders.

from my first day of trading i have been using EUR/USD above all due to its comfortable trading spreads. and always avoid exotic pairs , because movements too high to predict something.

Although the general recommendation is EUR/USD, there are some points to keep in mind while choosing a pair. They're the volatility and liquidity of the pair. Choose pairs that have high liquidity and less volatility. They can help you get better returns. You can start with major pairs and then move to crosses and exotic pairs. Avoid exotic pairs since they carry high risk.

I believe it depends on your strategy, experience and goals. For a beginner, major pairs are better as they are relatively stable, have lower spreads and are highly liquid whereas experienced traders who want to earn big profits and love volatality can go for minor pairs.

last couple of weeks i trading Crypto , but fall a Great trouble by trading luna/ust. very sad history

USDJPY, GBPUSD, and EURUSD are the best pairs for beginners to trade because of the high volume and liquidity.

USDJPY, GBPUSD, and EURUSD are the best pairs for beginners to trade because of the high volume and liquidity.
not only beginners , even professional traders always feel comfortable when trading any major pairs.

Most of my effort goes into long-term trend-following trades off D1 charts, so my focus is quite broad across the 28 main pairs.

That said, some offer better prospects than others even when in an equally valid trend. So I rank the pairs according to long-term volatility, margin requirements, spread, recent price % movement and how many weekly bars are currently overlapping.

Some pairs with highly correlated currencies are always low volatility - e.g. AUD/NZD, EUR/CHF, USD/CAD. trends can be consistent but expect price to take longer to move anywhere.

Pairs featuring AUD and NZD have wide spreads and heavy margin requirements.

Each weekend I update the price changes in the last month and in the last 3 months for each pair. I put a warning flag against the bottom 7 or so.

I also look over the weekly bar overlaps in the last 3mths. Right now for example AUD/CHF's weekly bar overlaps with the prior 12. Its going nowhere fast. Anything with 5 overlapping bars or more gets a warning flag.

The pairs with the best trends plus least warning flags get traded urgently.

Last edited:
Most volatility and same time must interesting pair for me XAUUSD - can kill any strategy )) or bring Huge positive pips)

I trade mostly with major pairs. EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and GBP/USD are in my portfolio. I trade with some crosses as well, such as AUD/CHF, and EUR/CAD.

For me, it is GBP/USD. But that doesn't mean it would work for you as well. We all trade with different strategies and mindset. Try to test a few pairs to figure out which would be a good pair for you. Have at least 3-4 pairs in your portfolio.

I personally don't believe in one best pair to trade. Diversification is a good thing to keep in mind. But if trading at low liquidity times, then of course the majors would be the best. I would look in my broker's platform which pair has the lowest spreads during low liquidity times. That would be my best pair.