Best broker for beginners

Acme

Hi All:

I'm new to trading (and investing too) and looking for recommendations for the best broker.. I'd really appreciate any suggestions and criteria for evaluating brokers.

Hi All:

I'm new to trading (and investing too) and looking for recommendations for the best broker.. I'd really appreciate any suggestions and criteria for evaluating brokers.

Go to the nearest marina and meet all the yacht owners. Almost all are brokers. Biggest yacht easy to spot. Go with owner and see how fast he lives up to the definition of brok-er.

Good luck & wear a seatbelt and helmet and a brass plate on your butt

where are you based and what do you have an interest in trading?

Hi Rossored - I'm based in the UK and looking to trade equities, forex and options. To reiterate, I'm a beginner and from some of the reading I've been doing it looks like a couple of key criteria should probably be education features and demo account.

Would appreciate any guidance and recommendations

In that case, suggest you use a well-established UK based broker with an extensive website full of free information.

There's a few to choose from and it's worth looking at some of the larger banks offerings as well, since there may be spin-off advantages to be gained.

But avoid the very cheapest internet-only offerings from firms you've never heard of, you'll only regret it later.

:)

In that case, suggest you use a well-established UK based broker with an extensive website full of free information.

There's a few to choose from and it's worth looking at some of the larger banks offerings as well, since there may be spin-off advantages to be gained.

But avoid the very cheapest internet-only offerings from firms you've never heard of, you'll only regret it later.

Thank you MasterOfCoin.

I've been recommended Degiro by some friends who have used it, but I understand this is Dutch. One of the main selling points for this was that it's one of the cheapest (I saw comparisons which seemed to indicate it costs a small fraction to trade on Degiro compared to alternatives).

If Degiro is a benchmark (based on sheer popularity) for comparison, what would you reckon are 'better' options for my situation? 'Better' in some holistic way that is - not too expensive, safe, easy for a beginner to get the hang of etc

I'll suggest some options for your consideration then.

Although it's for you to decide what's 'best' for your own needs :)

And the starting point for 'new to trading' is always a demo account, where you can experiment with the basics without losing your shirt, house, or life savings !

:eek:

Will message you.

For beginners, I'd say IG is probably the best. Trade from 0.25p/point on some instruments, demo and live accounts are exactly the same, biggest broker in the UK, probably best desktop/mobile platform too. Second choice would be CMC.

Best broker to me right now for both binary options and Forex, with easy withdrawal and deposit and they don't ask for your proof of res and all that is IQ option u can check it here

and your last six messages, all of whom are pumping IQ, wouldn't have anything to do with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
and your last six messages, all of whom are pumping IQ, wouldn't have anything to do with that?

Yeah, that'd be ALL messages, LOL. & That's a click-bait Ad Link.

We'll let the Mods take care of that, preferably ASAP.

:ROFLMAO:

......I'm based in the UK and looking to trade equities, forex and options. To reiterate, I'm a beginner and from some of the reading I've been doing it looks like a couple of key criteria should probably be education features and demo account.

Imho you are perhaps already looking to do too much, learn too much...too soon; which is exactly what I did when I started:)

With my Phd in hindsight and my If-I'd-known-then-what-I-know-now hat on:

If you think of what you are undertaking (or about to undertake) as a project then that might help you to better define the phases of your progress. Ultimately of course, you want to make money consistently but in order to get there and looking at things purely from a knowledge acquisition point of view, you are going to learn about your: chosen market(s), money/risk/trade management, analysis, platform(s), strategies, set-ups and also your own shortcomings and strongpoints. You can try trading for real money whilst you do all of this but I would hope that you can see that this is perhaps not the wisest approach.

To start with, you say that you are "looking to trade equities, forex and options" and already you're casting your net wide as each of these are very different animals - e.g think: salmon, sharks and dolphins....all fishy type beasties but will you be eating them or will they be eating you? Just start with one - no matter if it's forex or equities or whatever. Any of the bigger brokers have education and training material and signing up doesn't oblige you to trade. Most offer demo accounts and after a demo account (or3) you can make the jump to Real at 10p a point until you are successful enough to scale up further.

Forums are a good place to interact with helpful people and fortunately they are fairly easy to identify.

Learn for free
Practice cheap
Trade for Profit

There are many top tier 1 brokers around and most also have a learning academy with a beginners bootcamp

.....I'm based in the UK and looking to trade equities, forex and options. To reiterate, I'm a beginner and from some of the reading I've been doing it looks like a couple of key criteria should probably be education features and demo account.

On the subject of education: depending on who and where you are (and also your learning style) it might help you to attend some live events where you would be able to both get something out of the presentations and meet other people too.

If you're based around London you're spoiled for choice with Manchester and B'ham following on.

As examples, you have brokers such as CMC markets, ActivTrades and Fineco Bank who put on regular events - obviously the basic ones are aimed at getting you to sign up and trade but it doesn't mean that they're useless.

They often get outside well-known traders and educators to come in and deliver seminars on strategies - a recent instance would be Tom Hougaard* (TraderTom) who is presenting at the Traders show at the Novotel in Hammersmith at the end of the month and was also one of Fineco's guest speakers a few weeks ago.

* Tom's strategy seems to be doing reeeally badly atm:oops:

I still use MT4 for a free platform. It has all the basic indicators too for free.For a broker I strongly suggest a UK based broker which safeguards your money if the broker fails. XM have been excellent for me over a number of years. They supply a free demo account, 10p micro account, ordinary account in MT4 too.

Everyone has their own criteria of choosing a broker, according to their needs and requirements. It would have been better if you could clarify yours.
Well, this was my list of criteria when I started, see if they help:
1. Offshore (I didn’t want to limit my trades)
2. Low spreads
3. Low commissions
Although I found many brokers with these criteria, I chose turnkey forex. The broker has been honest with me till now.
Hope this helps!

Have you read the previous replies to this same question in this very thread?

I have been trading with turnkeyforex for two years and they have a good trading conditions, so you can give them a try. Plus the commission is $2 per 100k which is good for the beginner