Market breaking lower down 1.7%;

8th Jan 2008 INDU.JPG

weak list;

weak list 8th Jan 2008.JPG

strong list:

strong list 8th Jan 2008.JPG

hats of to Grey1 on MBI(y)

I'm getting -117.93 on my MACCI daily for the INDU

can anyone confirm this for me? (not sure if it's working right)

ta
glen

Glen

FYI; I closed on -103

Cheers

Steve

thanks steve, we've both in the same ball park i.e. over sold

From Grey1's swing rules/guidelines

1) if MACCI daily OS today (does it have to be Friday? its O/S tonight)

2) Looking tomorrow for to stocks off strong list that are positive on day

3) At around 8UK time tommorrow stocks are near high of the day

4) Open a postion just before market close

5) close postion on Thursday if target not hit

Glen

thanks steve, we've both in the same ball park i.e. over sold

From Grey1's swing rules/guidelines

1) if MACCI daily OS today (does it have to be Friday? its O/S tonight)

2) Looking tomorrow for to stocks off strong list that are positive on day

3) At around 8UK time tommorrow stocks are near high of the day

4) Open a postion just before market close

5) close postion on Thursday if target not hit

Glen

Glen

Your point '1' above makes reference to the INDU being oversold. Are you not interested in the MACCI of the stock itself rather than the INDU? Just a thought.

Cheers

Steve

Glen

Your point '1' above makes reference to the INDU being oversold. Are you not interested in the MACCI of the stock itself rather than the INDU? Just a thought.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve

i think your right here, below is Greys post, I thought he was talking only of the Market, but reading it again i think your right (the stock, or may be both market and stock?)

cheers
Glen

Most of you guys are TA Trader so lets give the criteria for technical swing
SHORT
1) if MACCI daily is 100 + on Friday
2) Day 1 stock is in negative lets say on Monday
3) At around 8UK time stock is near low of the day ( on Monday again )
4) Open a postion just before market close ( on Monday )
5) close postion on Wednesday

Pos size must come from daily ATR
Stoploss must come from daily ATR ( allow more than 1 ATR due to market volatility @ open )
Target must be 3 times more than stop loss or the third day which ever hits first

You can write a code to automate this on TS and it is not a difficult task .

I'm trying to imput my weak and strong lists into TS2ki, and i cann't find some of the symbols in GlobalServer.

Does anyone know of a link or list showing what the symbol name is in IB = what it is in GlobalServer????????

glen

Hi Belfan- is your weak and strong list based on the list provided by Grey1 sometime ago ? (I can't find that particular post from G1)

Cheers!

Raj

hi Raj,

yes, Grey provided a weak and strong list. its on post 2 of this thread

cheers
glen

''this is my list 2 left column weak right col umn strong''

hi Raj,

yes, Grey provided a weak and strong list. its on post 2 of this thread

cheers
glen

''this is my list 2 left column weak right column strong''

That is more than a month old. Surely you need to update more frequently than that. (IMHO every day if you are anticipating a swing hold period of the order of 3 days or so).

Glen,

All you do is add a new symbol in Globalserver and specify the exchange, it really is very easy you just use the 4 letter code so for Microsoft add MSFT.

Paul

I'm trying to imput my weak and strong lists into TS2ki, and i cann't find some of the symbols in GlobalServer.

Does anyone know of a link or list showing what the symbol name is in IB = what it is in GlobalServer????????

glen

Glen

Are you trying to use the "From Dictionary" option all the time when attempting to add the symbol? If you are, you need to use "Add New" instead and fill in the correct details yourself.

Steve

Glen,

All you do is add a new symbol in Globalserver and specify the exchange, it really is very easy you just use the 4 letter code so for Microsoft add MSFT.

Paul

hi paul,

no, i'm ok with this, it's just i can't find some of the symbols on Globalserver's 'find' function

ta
glen

Glen

Are you trying to use the "From Dictionary" option all the time when attempting to add the symbol? If you are, you need to use "Add New" instead and fill in the correct details yourself.

Steve

now i see, just tried this on one of the stocks i couldn't find last night.. and i got it

many thanks

That is more than a month old. Surely you need to update more frequently than that. (IMHO every day if you are anticipating a swing hold period of the order of 3 days or so).

hi dcraig,

i believe greys pick out these stocks based on there fundamentals, and therefore will go up/strong down/weak for the next few months

glen

hi dcraig,

i believe greys pick out these stocks based on there fundamentals, and therefore will go up/strong down/weak for the next few months

glen
100% correct ,, I have added few stocks to my list which i post after trading hour,,

I have a target list for all these stocks based on model I use which helps me to exit in good time

Grey1 makes 90% of his earning from swing trading of fundamentally weak/ strong stocks and day trading only for those days that GOUT is not around

grey1

happy days! happy days!
getting well geared up for this cycle stuff, nice new chart.

market;

9th Jan 2007 INDU MACCI Day.JPG

weak list tonight (market up over 1% and MBI still taking a hammering!!!!!!!!!)

weak list 9th jan 2007.JPG

strong list tonight

Strong list 9th Jan 2008.JPG

100% correct ,, I have added few stocks to my list which i post after trading hour,,

I have a target list for all these stocks based on model I use which helps me to exit in good time

Grey1 makes 90% of his earning from swing trading of fundamentally weak/ strong stocks and day trading only for those days that GOUT is not around

grey1

This is the new updated weak list ,, Please ignore RIMM and AAPL on the third column ,

Grey1

Attachments

• chx468.png
    chx468.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 45
  • chx469.png
    chx469.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 40
  • chx470.png
    chx470.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 38
This is the new updated weak list ,, Please ignore RIMM and AAPL on the third column ,

Grey1

many, many thanks Grey,

such a friendly BB, with friendly helpful people, willing to help all the time,

just makes you wonder
hope Frank comes back!!
ta
Glen