belflan's fun day mentals

ok this is my first paper portfolio bases on an FA screen only.

market cap = around $150M

high earning per share growth

high insider ownership..

20stocks to diversify risk.

i'm think this is a good time to be opening a long portfolio of small high growth companies

this will be a very long term strat compared to any of my others at the mo.. Months.. Years..

I would expect some of the companies in the 20 picked to crash and burn. and others to growth very well.. we'll see...

i will up date this on a monthly bases..

will post position sizes etc.. in a mo.... (once i get symbols into TS2k)

belflan

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Captureps.JPG
    Captureps.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Belflan,

If you are looking at so called "growth" stocks, it is probably well worth reading Jim Slater - "Beyond the Zulu Principle". It includes a receipe list of fundamental factors he deems significant as well as a strong emphasis on relative strength.

He suggests mandatory factors are

PEG < 1.0
PER < 20
Strong cash dlow
Low gearing
high relative strength
competative advantage
directors dealings

But best to get the book.

Belflan,

If you are looking at so called "growth" stocks, it is probably well worth reading Jim Slater - "Beyond the Zulu Principle". It includes a receipe list of fundamental factors he deems significant as well as a strong emphasis on relative strength.

PEG < 1.0
PER < 20
Strong cash dlow
Low gearing
high relative strength
competative advantage
directors dealings

hi dc,

just ordered a copy online (thanks very much for this.)

do you use this approach yourself.. what your thoughs on it..

belflan

hi dc,

just ordered a copy online (thanks very much for this.)

do you use this approach yourself.. what your thoughs on it..

belflan
No I don't. It's something I do want to look into more closely, but I'm really tied up with other stuff. I've had the book for years. Some of it is a bit dated - in particular the choice of growth sectors - but it should provide a decent insight into how to go about fundamental analysis of stocks (as distinct from the broad market).

Given the increasingly competative nature of the markets, and the gazillion hedge funds etc, I do wonder whether the edge in some of this stuff has disappeared. The only way to find out is to do the hard work oneself.

Belflan,

PEG < 1.0
PER < 20
Strong cash dlow
Low gearing
high relative strength
competative advantage
directors dealings

book arrived dc,

this could be my best valuation call so far.. says £19.99 on the cover..

I paid £3.58 (hard back) lol.

cheers
belflan