BBC 2 - July 9 - The Money Programme

spreadbet said:
I wonder if they refused to trade with that particular trader again, good luck to him/her.

They did - or rather, they closed the Internet trading facility, and insisted on telephone trading only, and direct to their trading floor where one of the dealers would set the price after knowing whether the trade was a buy or a sell, and having a ponder on the likely direction and skewing the price accordingly.

We all might have grumbled about spread and bias of, say, 20 points but that was nothing ... 50 points difference was often the price quoted. :cheesy:

Hi

Since your account appears in this particular thread I presume that the company was IG Index. If that's not the case then in fairness I think you should say so.

Regards

My guess would be finspreads. It was easy to scalp with them at one time but now they have wised up to it.

I have no intention of saying who it was, because I believe it is irrelevant; what was interesting was that a) it can and does happen that traders get a big one over SB companies, and b) what their response is when it does happen.

The trader in question wasn't scalping, but riding trends.

I have no intention of saying who it was, because I believe it is irrelevant; what was interesting was that a) it can and does happen that traders get a big one over SB companies, and b) what their response is when it does happen.

The trader in question wasn't scalping, but riding trends.

Guys...sorry for bringing up such an old post. I want to see this Money Programme episode but just cant find it anywhere.

Can somebody help? Someone might have a copy on VHS lying about gathering dust?(y)