Barbarians at the Gate

Nowler

Experienced member
Hey folks,

I have recently gotten around to listening to the Barbarians at the Gate audiobook.

I've just noticed that there is a movie of it too!
Anyone have an opinion on the book, or the movie?

Hey folks,

I have recently gotten around to listening to the Barbarians at the Gate audiobook.

I've just noticed that there is a movie of it too!
Anyone have an opinion on the book, or the movie?
I read the book must’ve been at least 20 years ago. An absolute classic. Not seen the film... Your post has made me want to dust off the book for a re-read!

I read the book must’ve been at least 20 years ago. An absolute classic. Not seen the film... Your post has made me want to dust off the book for a re-read!

Actually... you saying "dust off the book" reminds me that I need to finish Reminiscence of a Stock Operator. Not sure why I stopped reading it twice now... it's actually a good book :unsure::giggle:

Actually... you saying "dust off the book" reminds me that I need to finish Reminiscence of a Stock Operator. Not sure why I stopped reading it twice now... it's actually a good book :unsure::giggle:

love that book too!

I finished the audiobook and then watched the movie right after.

I thought it was OK, not exceptional, but OK.

The audiobooks I listen to are intended to increase my understanding of trading, investing, and psychology.
I guess it was interesting to learn more about buy-outs, but what I learned has very limited impact on me as a trader/investor.