Barbarians at the Gate

Nowler

Experienced member
1,347 161
Hey folks,

I have recently gotten around to listening to the Barbarians at the Gate audiobook.

I've just noticed that there is a movie of it too!
Anyone have an opinion on the book, or the movie?

Reactions: wonge

wonge

11 6
Hey folks,

I have recently gotten around to listening to the Barbarians at the Gate audiobook.

I've just noticed that there is a movie of it too!
Anyone have an opinion on the book, or the movie?
I read the book must’ve been at least 20 years ago. An absolute classic. Not seen the film... Your post has made me want to dust off the book for a re-read!

Reactions: Nowler

Nowler

Experienced member
1,347 161
I read the book must’ve been at least 20 years ago. An absolute classic. Not seen the film... Your post has made me want to dust off the book for a re-read!

Actually... you saying "dust off the book" reminds me that I need to finish Reminiscence of a Stock Operator. Not sure why I stopped reading it twice now... it's actually a good book :unsure::giggle:

Reactions: wonge

Nowler

Experienced member
1,347 161
I finished the audiobook and then watched the movie right after.

I thought it was OK, not exceptional, but OK.

The audiobooks I listen to are intended to increase my understanding of trading, investing, and psychology.
I guess it was interesting to learn more about buy-outs, but what I learned has very limited impact on me as a trader/investor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock