Audio Interviews

If you are OK with Youtube for this purpose UKSpreadbetting has run several series of interviews with well known traders, available as short clips online. The nice thing is they are British traders, many are or were private retail traders not fund managers or professionals in the City. Worth a look.

Finished Jack Schwager's "New Market Wizards" the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed it and equally recommend it!

Anyone read/listened to both? The new and the older one...
I'm wondering if it's worth getting the older one now that I've consumed the new...

Also,
Other suggestions welcomed!
Trading/Investing, or personal/professional development

Actually, any suggestions on what the best Tony Robbins audio book is?

Not sure if it’s in audio but How I Trade for a Living by Gary Smith is a good read particularly since you’re looking at sentiment.

They all good (market wizards)

Cheers mate,
I'll put the older one on the list and get it before Halloween or so (y)

If you are OK with Youtube for this purpose UKSpreadbetting has run several series of interviews with well known traders, available as short clips online. The nice thing is they are British traders, many are or were private retail traders not fund managers or professionals in the City. Worth a look.

Yep!
I've watched them all! I found them very good indeed. I was quite green at the time and the ones where the channel are explaining basic aspects of trading brought me along quite a bit. The interviews were helpful as well. I liked the arrogant guy... can't remember his name. Maybe he wasnt arrogant, but he came across that way.

Not sure if it’s in audio but How I Trade for a Living by Gary Smith is a good read particularly since you’re looking at sentiment.

Sweet!
I'll get that one next if it's on audio.
It takes me far too long to read books :LOL:

Thanks for the suggestion

EDIT:
Its not an audio unfortunately.
Do you highly recommend it?
If it's a must have then I will suck it up and read it, but perhaps there are audio books out there like it?

Last edited:
Cheers mate,
I'll put the older one on the list and get it before Halloween or so (y)

Yep!
I've watched them all! I found them very good indeed. I was quite green at the time and the ones where the channel are explaining basic aspects of trading brought me along quite a bit. The interviews were helpful as well. I liked the arrogant guy... can't remember his name. Maybe he wasnt arrogant, but he came across that way.

Sweet!
I'll get that one next if it's on audio.
It takes me far too long to read books :LOL:

Thanks for the suggestion

EDIT:
Its not an audio unfortunately.
Do you highly recommend it?
If it's a must have then I will suck it up and read it, but perhaps there are audio books out there like it?

Pity. I’d rate it one of the best from an actual trading perspective - not theoretical stuff - so there’s not much like it since it really is about how the guy trades. Pretty easy read, too.

Pity. I’d rate it one of the best from an actual trading perspective - not theoretical stuff - so there’s not much like it since it really is about how the guy trades. Pretty easy read, too.

I'll get the book if there's no chance I can get it in audio.
I find it a little difficult to read... my listening is much sharper, plus I can walk along and listen to audiobooks... cook listening, lay off with my eyes closed and listen :)
Reading books in 2018 is like still saving files on a 3 and a half inch floppy disk :LOL:

I kid, a little..

I'll pick it up then if it's that good.
Thank you very much for the suggestion!

That pretty much covers all of them I think.........

That's true enough :D
I liked the old Scottish guy. Can't remember why but I remember him.

I've just picked up that book ( How I Trade for a Living - First Edition)...
£10 all in, which isn't bad at all.
Provided I pick up a few things then that R:R is pretty solid.

Keep the audio book suggestions coming!

Last edited:
Looky looky what I got today...
Can't believe I am actually reading a book.

240 pages and 31 years of dyslexia stand between me and consuming some gold nuggets...

Cover me,
I'm going in! :)

Edit: Booooooooo @Sharky
It won't let me upload the photo

Last edited:
Finished Jack Schwager's "New Market Wizards" the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed it and equally recommend it!

Anyone read/listened to both? The new and the older one...
I'm wondering if it's worth getting the older one now that I've consumed the new...

Also,
Other suggestions welcomed!
Trading/Investing, or personal/professional development

Actually, any suggestions on what the best Tony Robbins audio book is?

the earlier ones are best .....in truth they gradually diluted in interest for me .....you cant beat the original stuff

That pretty much covers all of them I think.........

hahahahha...............yep ...........how jack was able to fit in the same room as some of the egos on display is a mystery to me

N

Looky looky what I got today...
Can't believe I am actually reading a book.

240 pages and 31 years of dyslexia stand between me and consuming some gold nuggets...

Cover me,
I'm going in! :)

Edit: Booooooooo @Sharky
It won't let me upload the photo

Is the photo too big? I can probably increase the allowed file size? Or is it a different error?

They are with different traders, right?
If what you say is true, then working backwards from the new one should increase in worth :)

Is the photo too big? I can probably increase the allowed file size? Or is it a different error?

Just a normal picture from my phone.
Upload failed it says...
Tried it on Costas Wi-Fi and my own broadband.

Anymore suggestions for audio books folks?
I'm just over half way through the How I Trade For A Living. Very good read indeed! Thanks for that recommendation!

We have Market Wizzards on the list, and just bought intermarket analysis...

Looking for strong recommendations.
Even in the domain of personal and professional development.

Thanks

Last edited:
Completed How I Trade For A Living and Intermarket Analysis and Investing which FXX suggested.

In my quest for material for enhancing personal and professional development I came across Rick Pitino's Success is a Choice audiobook, which I've also listened to.

I'm now on my last audiobook which is Stocks For the Long Run, but don't have anything for after that.

Any more suggestions for must reads?
I was about to get the audiobook of Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, but I've heard that the audiobook ends abruptly and doesn't finish what's in the book. So I'll have to buy the book if I want to consume that.

The Smith book was gold after! I'm glad I listened to you by taking the plunge and getting the book. I actually found it quite relaxing to go somewhere quite and read it.

Anyway!
More recommendations please!

PS: I've just remembered the suggestion from Counter_Violent (Chat with Traders).
I'll get to those after this current one. But please, more suggestions :)

Last edited:
Perhaps some in the area of risk management and probabilities? Or such

Completed How I Trade For A Living and Intermarket Analysis and Investing which FXX suggested.

In my quest for material for enhancing personal and professional development I came across Rick Pitino's Success is a Choice audiobook, which I've also listened to.

I'm now on my last audiobook which is Stocks For the Long Run, but don't have anything for after that.

Any more suggestions for must reads?
I was about to get the audiobook of Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, but I've heard that the audiobook ends abruptly and doesn't finish what's in the book. So I'll have to buy the book if I want to consume that.

The Smith book was gold after! I'm glad I listened to you by taking the plunge and getting the book. I actually found it quite relaxing to go somewhere quite and read it.

Anyway!
More recommendations please!

PS: I've just remembered the suggestion from Counter_Violent (Chat with Traders).

I'll get to those after this current one. But please, more suggestions :)

what about cherry picking the audio podcasts on youtube

"chats with traders"

find ones that are aligned to what you are looking at trading ? ....theres over 150 podcasts now i think ?