Bundle of trading books for sale.

danno

Hi There,
I have a couple of trading books that I'm selling on for a reasonable price.

Technical Analysis from A to Z by Steven B. Achelis ISBN 81-7094-312-4
(covers over 100 indicators ranging from MA's to complex tools like parabolics and Fourier transforms. Each indicator is defined and analysed and includes examples.)

7 Winning Stragtegies for Trading Forex by Grace Cheng ISBN 978-1-905641-19-2
(Filled with practical advice it shows how traders can use various market conditions to their advantage by tailoring their strategy to suit each one. Personally found it to be an excellent book along with the one listed below.)

Profitable Candlestick Trading by Stephen W Bigalow ISBN 0-471-02466-X
(Explains the basics like candlestick patterns and the psychology behind them, how to spot market reversals and continuation patterns, how to use candlesticks in conjunction with indicators (quite successfully too) and helps with decision making. Also gives advice on using software programs and the basics of programming for carrying out rapid searches for opportunities.

Come Into My Trading Room by Dr. Alexander Elder ISBN 0-471-22534-7
(The vast majority of the book concentrates on the 3 M's. Mind, Method and Money, giving strategies to enter and exit trades, step by step guides to risk control and money management, and how to remain disciplined when making trading desisions)

Trading for Dummies / Technical Analysis for Dummies
(Good books for novices to help get to grips with and iron out the basics of trading)

The New Market Wizards by Jack D.Schwager ISBN 13-978-0-88-730667-9
(Quite a famous book filled with interviews and conversations with incredibly successful traders. Very insightful)

Soros. The life and times of a messianic billionaire. by Micheal T Kaufman

All together these books cost £185 and are in excellent condition.
I'm offering them as a bundle for £100 or nearest offer + whatever postage would be or may be willing to split.
Feel free to send me a message or post a reply if interested.

Dave.

Last edited:
Hi Dave! I am just beginning my trading career and live in the US. I'm interested in purchasing the "For Dummies" books, as that's how I feel right now! :) How much would you like to sell those for?

Hi dj, its a feeling I'm familiar with too! With regard to the books, I live in the UK and I'm not sure how cost effective it would be for you to buy the books from me. The 2 books cost £35 ($55) new and I'd like to sell them for about £15 ($22), but I think the postage costs to the US would add another £10 ($15) at least, bringing the total to around $40 or maybe more. I'll go and visit the post office this weekend and find out for definate, but I'm sure you'd be able to buy them cheaper domestically in the US. I'll get back to you with a definate total price when I've found out postage costs.
Best Regards and good luck with your trading,
Dave

Hi dj, I've checked with the post office and the cost to post the two books would be nearly £15 ($22) which would bring the total cost to £30 or $45. As I said, I'm sure you could buy them far cheaper domestically in the US, but I'd be delighted to sell them if you decide you'd like to buy them from me.
Best regards,
Dave.

Hi dj, I've checked with the post office and the cost to post the two books would be nearly £15 ($22) which would bring the total cost to £30 or $45. As I said, I'm sure you could buy them far cheaper domestically in the US, but I'd be delighted to sell them if you decide you'd like to buy them from me.
Best regards,
Dave.

Why are you selling them ? :)

Hi,
I'm selling my books because I no longer trade and therefore don't have any more use for them. I have to hold my hands up and say that I've tried long and hard to make trading work for me, but I guess I fall into the group of people who are just not cut out to do it successfuly :( . I understand that that doesnt sound like a glowing endorsement for the books I'm selling, but having done my research before I bought them I believe them to be well regarded. I reckon you can have all the best trading tools in the world, but the final piece of the jigsaw ultimately is you and if you dont fit in to it it just wont work.
Anyway I'm calling it a day and I'm selling my books. I'll be listing them individually on ebay for half the RRP and I'll post a link when they're up if they hold any interest for anyone.
Cheers, Dave

Sorry to hear that Danno.

Certainly don´t see it as anything bad against the books, you are right in that they are some of the greats.

I am sure you will get rid of them....

Cheers. All the best.

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know, if anybody is interested in any of these books, they're now listed on ebay.
If you copy and paste the item number listed below and enter it into ebay search, it will take you straight to the book.

Come Into My Trading Room: 250594977902
Profitable Candlestick Trading: 250596849499
7 Winning Strategies for Trading Forex : 250597586645
Technical Analysis From A to Z: 250598102514

Thanks.