Audio Interviews

trading in the Zone ?

mark douglas ?

Just bought it :)
It's been on my recommended list on Audible for a few weeks now. It's got some rave reviews too.
I should be finished this one by Sunday.

I'll go through the Chat With Traders list and see if I can identify the more appropriate ones for me personally.

Do you, or anyone, suggest any of them in particular which centre on risk management?

Just bought it :)
It's been on my recommended list on Audible for a few weeks now. It's got some rave reviews too.
I should be finished this one by Sunday.

I'll go through the Chat With Traders list and see if I can identify the more appropriate ones for me personally.

Do you, or anyone, suggest any of them in particular which centre on risk management?

hi there

most of the interviews have decent notes and summarys so look for "risk" in the wording .....I do know that virtually every trader interviewed (ive listened to) discusses the important of risk management in their trading

N

Read this book a few years ago and has always stuck in my mind.

John Carter Mastering the Trade.

Feel down load on the link.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/147920011/Mastering-the-Trade-by-John-F-Carter

I'll have that too then :)
Thanks for the suggestion!

Do you or anyone else happen to have a physical copy of that which you want to sell?

I appreciate the link for downloading it mate.
I would however prefer to have the actual book to read while I'm out and about.

I've only got a phone (No tablet) to read it on. I already have a pain in my eyes thinking about it :)

The cheapest I can find it on Amazon is nearly £40, which is a bit steep for a book.

If nobody has it to sell then I'll just read it on my phone. It's got good ratings!

Hey folks!

Anyone got any good audio interviews with established traders/investors that I could download?
I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for them either but free would be awesome!

I like T2W's Audio interviews that come with the book (newbies, buy it!) But I'm after listening to them twice now and would like to hear new ones.

I'd certainly be open to reading materials Either,though audio is preferred .

Regards,
Gavin

Try out Michael Covel's interviews on his Trend-Following Radio - https://www.youtube.com/user/TrendFollowing or
https://www.trendfollowing.com/

Just don't expect anything complimentary about reversal traders though, obviously.

Question for you all:

- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator?
OR
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator: With New Commentary and Insights on the Life and Times of Jesse Livermore?

Would the latter infer more bang for my buck, or might it dilute the power of the original?

I think it will depend on who does the New Commentary. After that, it depends on whether their trading styles / beliefs coincide with yours - if not, its no use getting their commentary.

Would you recommend Covel's book Trend Following?
Was just picking up Elders audiobook on Trading for A Living when I came across it.
24hrs of audio in the Trend Following book!

Ps:
Fk it... I've picked it up too.

Last edited:
Yes, and I recommend any book on trend-following, I wish I'd worked this out earlier. He's also good on the Turtles story.

Yes, and I recommend any book on trend-following, I wish I'd worked this out earlier. He's also good on the Turtles story.

Yeah, I've heard that a bit lately... people saying they wish they had done this, or that earlier...that they could have saved so much time.

I'm quite a sceptical person but I'm trying to help myself by listening to others when they say such things. Learning from the mistakes of others if you will, as opposed to having to learn each and every mistake through my own pain.

How many years since you began trading?

Hello folks!
Just in case you were worried, i'm not dead.
I think... surely...

Been focusing on skills which overlap with Poker, and also listening to audiobooks.
Which brings me here today, anyone got more suggestions for books on probabilities, risk management, trading or poker in general, or any such development books that you found good?

Have just started my 21st title and have no more on the list of ones to get.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being MIA for so long.
Things are good!

Welcome back @Nowler. Sounds like you're into trend following so give 'Following the Trend' by Andreas Clenow a read, I'm currently reading it and I give it the thumbs up.

Welcome back @Nowler. Sounds like you're into trend following so give 'Following the Trend' by Andreas Clenow a read, I'm currently reading it and I give it the thumbs up.

Cheers buddy!
Cant find an audio version but will pick up the book.