Moulding the brain

You've missed the point here. Number 5 was not the solution. The solution was releasing the emotions connected with the event. The important issue is that we all have traumatic events from the past of which we have absolutely no conscious memory - and these screw up our current behaviour.

They are not things we can know about, by definition, because they are in the SUBconscious.

There is no placebo effect at work because something real took place, something was discovered. It would only be a placebo if the professional had merely suggested the underlying problem and a solution. In fact she suggested no solution, the body simply returned to normal because the stress has been released.

You would be amazed what events can be repressed in the subconscious and the person simply does not have the slightest clue about them! On a more subtle level, many people have been convinced in their childhood that they are 'no good' and will never succeed.

All this is extremely relevant to trading because those buried traumas and subtle suggestions we have do ruin our chances of success.

good post

You might be interested in reading "Mind Sculpture". It also talks about how the brain develops.

Hebbian theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hi shadowninja,
while were on the topic of the subconcious and suggestion dont you think since this site is full of people learning and trying to improve their trading that having that chase the market feel the rush sign underneath your posts might be being detrimental to some peoples trading. youre a regular poster and pop up in a large proportion of threads meaning anyone who visits here a lot is basically exposed to it every day. after reading it a couple of times they wont even read it in future which to my very limited understanding of this type of thing makes it even more effective. dont use this stuff myself but am aware of very successfull people using it which leads me to believe youre sign may very well be having a negative effect on people without them even knowing it.

haha
those 6 points were funny glenn : )
the most disappointing part about brain is that they say that brain cells tend to die after 18 : /
Lol and me is quiet a lot older than 18 : (
haha

Last edited by a moderator:
the most disappointing part about brain is that they say that brain cells tend to die after 18 :

This is outdated and the latest discovery states that we can make new brain cells even when we are very old. The reason brain cells can reduce in number is not to do with age but from lack of use. Any exercise, (mental or physical) creates new brain cells.