Astrology Data Overlay

Tuffty said:
Coincidence or not?

"Industrial production is shown to be closely correlated with the rate of change of sunspot activity"
Or the other way round perhaps?

mofo said:
I think its more to do with the way these things affect human behaviour (if you believe any of this stuff obviously), which in turn affects the markets. I believe the best known exponent of this belief is Delta.
Delta does not use astrology as any direct part of it's pattern or model.

It uses cyclical periodicity over stock and index groups which can be usefully measured against a regular natural phenomenon - such as a full moon for instance.

TheBramble said:
Delta does not use astrology as any direct part of it's pattern or model.

It uses cyclical periodicity over stock and index groups which can be usefully measured against a regular natural phenomenon - such as a full moon for instance.

Didn't use the word astrology to define delta to the best of my knowledge. However in explaining and indentifying or projecting turning points over differing time cycles in the markets, delta definitely does incorporate planetary & galatcic phenomena, & is therefore probably of interest to those viewing this board.

For example, Intermediate term delta refers to four revolutions of the moon around the earth, or every four lunar months i believe. Pure Astrology? take your pick, but esoteric definitely & relevant to this discussion, absolutely (imo anyhow)

Sorry mate, IMR Delta does not use planetary or galactic phenomena. I'd welcome a pointer to either the s/w or the book where my position on this is incorrect.

The lunar phasing is used purely as an aid to synchronising the Turning Points (TP) on the time axis in the selected stock or index sector and is not (AFAIR) in any way hinted at as being a causal factor in the TPs themselves. You could as easily use the Universal Clock - it's just a timing device.

But as I say, if I have got it wrong I'd be really pleased to receive a pointer to the evidence supporting that claim.

Bramb - i was referring to the causal effects of such things, not the content of Welles Wilders Book or the software. My understanding is that the creator of Delta placed a lot of emphasis on the causal effects of these phenomena on human behaviour and therefore the markets, more so than WW subsequently did.

In fact you say that lunar phasing is used as an aid to syncrhonising turning points in Delta. I say delta incorporates planetary phenomena. Not sure where the real disagreement is on that basis other than semantics, but the definitions of all the delta turning points i am aware of include lunar / planetary references. Thats why i mentioned it. Or is my definition of ITD incorrect?

mofo said:
Not sure where the real disagreement is on that basis other than semantics

i've noticed this sort of thing happens way toooo often.... wish it wouldn't.....
in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if they pick up on something that i've written here.....

and oooops, i hope i don't steer this thing away from the topic of the thread....we don't want to start a discussion on semantics - the above is intended to stop that...

mofo,

have you solved Delta for the Short TD for the Dow?
I was expecting yesterday to dip ( it did ), then to rise above the opening price, ( it did ), but finally to collapse and close below the opening price. IT DIDNT !!
How many "points" do you make for yesterdays "phase" ? I make 3.
(PS: I am a beginner, having gone through it over last weekend)
If you prefer, please PM me.
thanks.

also,

how much detail can be discussed re: Delta ?
my understanding it is a patented idea.
(mofo has mentioned how many lunar revs count as a "cycle".)

are we allowed to mention how many Time Frames there are ?
Also, are we allowed to say what is meant by "solving" Delta for a stock or index ?

I find Delta fascinating, and it something I feel can add to my decision-making process.
I would not use it exclusively, based on my current limited knowledge.

Hi trendie

No i haven't attempted to solve the delta turning points for the DOW

I am no copyright lawyer, and i know the discussion of Delta is an area which has cause a lot of excitement in the past. I am certain that anything in the public domain can be freely discussed. That is separate from reproducing or plagiarising material from a book which has been purchased on the basis of a confidentiality agreement. All of the delta definitions for turning points are in the public domain i'm sure, save probably for the intraday. That may be as well - i haven't looked for it. Have you looked at the stuff Taylor did on 3 day cycles? Interesting yesterday an early dip followed by a rally constituted a buy day, correct as it panned out.

mofo,

yes I am aware of the 3-day cycle :eek:
but I was focussed on Delta ! :eek:

I find the Short TD more useful, and potentially more profitable, as the "Point 1" inversions occur in a swing-trade time-frame.
(more chance to find them and trade them, and get more experience)

thanks.

I think the problem with Delta is that it can be a bit subjective and when it comes to putting money on the line, I like to have a better idea of the odds and where I should get in and out. I did spend a long time working out the ST Delta points but then found that my version was different to another persons version and that they were both different to another version I have seen. So that left 3 days when there could be an inversion and I became so confused, I gave up.

This is one version I found was a bit different to the one I had worked out:-
www.khalsaspad.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=314

mofo said:
Bramb - i was referring to the causal effects of such things, not the content of Welles Wilders Book or the software. My understanding is that the creator of Delta placed a lot of emphasis on the causal effects of these phenomena on human behaviour and therefore the markets, more so than WW subsequently did.
Jim Sloman did indeed. And went on to create 'Ocean Theory'.

mofo said:
In fact you say that lunar phasing is used as an aid to syncrhonising turning points in Delta. I say delta incorporates planetary phenomena. Not sure where the real disagreement is on that basis other than semantics, but the definitions of all the delta turning points i am aware of include lunar / planetary references. Thats why i mentioned it. Or is my definition of ITD incorrect?
It's not semantics mofo.

Have you read the Delta book and do you have the s/w?

I note from other posts in this thread that you're taslking about 'solving' the TPs for various indices/stocks and from that am assuming you don't have the s/w (otherwise they'd already all be solved for you).

You must have at least read the book to be arguing the toss with me. What I said, and I'll reiterate for emphasis, is that there is no astrological/astronomical significance to the chosen cycle time measures.

None of the Delta TP make any specific lunar or planetary reference.

Regardless of LTD/MTD/ITD or even STD - they all state their TPs as a date within a specific standard deviation date range. The longer the timeframe - the larger the time period in which the TP can occur.

There was not even a hint at what might be the cause of the cyclical nature (as claimed by Delta) for the market action they attempt to predict.

I've got no view one way or another whether people interested in Astrological influences (sic) on the Financial Markets - either directly ( :cool: ) or indirectly - chose to look at Delta or not under that general umbrella. But I do have a view on people debating with me the significance of something which they haven't properly reviewed and claiming semantics as an excuse for shoddy research.

You have a golden opportunity (as I suggested in my previous post) to point out where in the Delta book or the s/w there is any claim of specific planetary/astrological/astronomical influence as a basis for the cyclic nature they claim to be revealing. It would certainly shut me up - wouldn't it?

I have never attended any T2W social events, but if there are enough people solving Delta, this would be the best reason I can think of for people to meet up with their solutions, to see if they agree.
( I am Midlands-based )

JohnDoe said:
Well, I am absolutely and totally speechless - well almost!

Could somebody PLEASE explain how astrology affects the markets?

How does the constellation drive the masses to make transactions large enough to drive a change in price? Over what time frame does this work?

We all know that the stars we see in the night sky were that way hundreds of years ago, so when we look in to the sky and notice a bunch of stars in our 'buy' side of the cosmos, or however this works, do we take into account that the signal was actually generated 100's of years ago so we may actually be looking at a lagging indicator - 100 years or so lagging - perhaps before the share or contract was even traded!?

I know little about astrology - other than Russell Grant or Mystic Meg probably wouldn't make great traders or investors - otherwise they would be much wealthier I assume.

Please, this is a serious question from someone who is a little sceptical.

HOW DO THE STARS AFFECT THE MARKET?

I'd like to put forward another way of looking at this.

It's not the stars or planets (or other celestial objects) that affect the market. Rather, it's the view that the the stars, planets, etc are subject to the same cosmic forces and cycles that affect everything in the universe. This includes human behaviour and, therefore, indirectly the markets.

If this is so, then by observing the movements of celestial objects, we may be able to discern the movements of the market NOT because the celestial objects are affecting the markets but because the markets will be following the same cycles.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Ivor

Last edited:
TheBramble said:
Jim Sloman did indeed. And went on to create 'Ocean Theory'.

It's not semantics mofo.

Have you read the Delta book and do you have the s/w?

I note from other posts in this thread that you're taslking about 'solving' the TPs for various indices/stocks and from that am assuming you don't have the s/w (otherwise they'd already all be solved for you).

You must have at least read the book to be arguing the toss with me. What I said, and I'll reiterate for emphasis, is that there is no astrological/astronomical significance to the chosen cycle time measures.

None of the Delta TP make any specific lunar or planetary reference.

Regardless of LTD/MTD/ITD or even STD - they all state their TPs as a date within a specific standard deviation date range. The longer the timeframe - the larger the time period in which the TP can occur.

There was not even a hint at what might be the cause of the cyclical nature (as claimed by Delta) for the market action they attempt to predict.

I've got no view one way or another whether people interested in Astrological influences (sic) on the Financial Markets - either directly ( :cool: ) or indirectly - chose to look at Delta or not under that general umbrella. But I do have a view on people debating with me the significance of something which they haven't properly reviewed and claiming semantics as an excuse for shoddy research.

You have a golden opportunity (as I suggested in my previous post) to point out where in the Delta book or the s/w there is any claim of specific planetary/astrological/astronomical influence as a basis for the cyclic nature they claim to be revealing. It would certainly shut me up - wouldn't it?

Jesus Christ.

I bought Delta up as a subject of interest on this board as it appears to extoll lunar / planetary influences on the markets, in so far as human behaviour is influenced by these cycles. You seem to agree with me on this.

I never used the word "caused" which you seem to be hung up on. Semantics perhaps?

I stand by the definition of ITD, and from this and the other definitions of the delta timecycles, how you can conclude that Delta does not incorporate lunar / planetary influences (your quote "Lunar phasing is used as an aid to synchronising turning points"), i'll leave with you to ponder. I disagree with your comments on this, if thats ok with you obviously.

"Could somebody PLEASE explain how astrology affects the markets?"

The most obvious way is that it gives us day trading sessions (so it affects the market structure) and therefore behaviour.

mofo said:
I bought Delta up as a subject of interest on this board as it appears to extoll lunar / planetary influences on the markets, in so far as human behaviour is influenced by these cycles. You seem to agree with me on this.
{Silent Scream....} :LOL:

No, I do not. I don't know how more forcefully I could have stated my disagreement with that statement. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WHERE does Delta "extoll (sic) lunar / planetary influences on the markets"???

Come back with a specific reference.

Tuffty said:
"Could somebody PLEASE explain how astrology affects the markets?"

The most obvious way is that it gives us day trading sessions (so it affects the market structure) and therefore behaviour.

self-fulfilling prophecies ??
If someone believes, they act as if it were important, and thus make astrology real for themselves.
eg; believing the planets are in an unpromising alignment, and deciding not to trade.
Equally, placing trades, and thus participating, when they see the appropriate alignments.

An alternative means of spinning a coin ? (random entry?)

Dunno. But I think we have all assumed western astrology.
Chinese and Hindu astrology also have deep and rich history, and equally enthralling mythology behind them.
I am rushing off to read up on Hindu astrology.
( I am not making any money from astrology, but I sure am learning some fascinating things).

:)

ivorm said:
I'd like to put forward another way of looking at this.

It's not the stars or planets (or other celestial objects) that affect the market. Rather, it's the view that the the stars, planets, etc are subject to the same cosmic forces and cycles that affect everything in the universe. This includes human behaviour and, therefore, indirectly the markets.

If this is so, then by observing the movements of celestial objects, we may be able to discern the movements of the market NOT because the celestial objects are affecting the markets but because the markets will be following the same cycles.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Ivor

Very well put,Ivor--worth more than 2 cents!

Trendie-if you're looking for a thought-provoking ,good read on this subject-try Cosmic Loom by Dennis Elwell.

Going back abit--thanks Joules but I'm trying to go straight for a while and try and learn some "rational" trading methods .