Astrology Data Overlay

FetteredChinos said:
yes, but you still have to have an open mind as to new methods.. if you are closed off to free thinking then that is a mistake.

as i posted above, astrology is extremely useful in conjunction with other stuff.

if nothing else, it can tell you when you can take a holiday in advance..

eg, when the next fib/cycle turning point is the 21-34 point.. get at least 12 days holiday out of that...

or the 55-89 if you want to go travelling for a month... :cheesy:
Ah, I get your drift, I see now how it can be useful for other things.

trendie said:
Hi,

does anyone know of any package that shows astrological data overlaying finance data ?

such as showing new zodiacal signs on a timeframes, or where the planets are on any given day, overlaying the price data of a chart.

thanks

PS: I am serious about this.

Hello Trendie
I don't know how to achieve whatyou are asking except by having an ephemeris open on your desk or some astrological software running on another window.

I use "Kepler" from www.astrosoftware .com

There is some software that might interest you-- called Market Trader from www.alphee.com--
theres an article there called Chaos+astrology that is very interesting (but not practical yet).

If you like mad boffins manfred zimmel on www.amanita.de 's yer man .

Hope thats of some help
Chris

:)

Danke,J,meine Deutsch ist almost non-existent,also. (press the english button of course)--his monthly e-newsletter is brief and acts ,for me as a reminder to go and see what he is saying. I've never traded on anything he says but he seems sincere.

I heard Alphee Lavoie at an astrological conference in 1999----he seemed to be flogging very simple stuff as the holy grail-eg jupiter transits to important points in a company's first trade chart causes the price to go up. My limited look at this( and similar) did not confirm .I'm open to correction here as my testing methods are random and undisciplined.
I am more impressed by hispartner Sergey Tarasov although I've never met or corresponded with him.

All just in my opinion of course
I have a lot of simpathy with those who advise caution in these areas
All the best Chris

Raymond Merriman gives a weekly overview of the markets on his site (updated every Sunday) which makes for interesting reading. And like others mentioned on this thread, he recommends only using aspects being hit as a guidance to timing when used with TA.

www.mmacycles.com

whats so alarming

SOCRATES said:
Good Lord ! How alarming !

socrates mate - still don't understand what's so alarming? You did post the above, so please let us know....is it to do with whatever this thread is about?

Beach Runner said:
Raymond Merriman gives a weekly overview of the markets on his site (updated every Sunday) which makes for interesting reading. And like others mentioned on this thread, he recommends only using aspects being hit as a guidance to timing when used with TA.

www.mmacycles.com

Thanks for that link Beach Runner--he's talking the talk.

Does any member subscribe to him ?or stopped...and would like to say?
Chris

dsmodi said:
Socrates,

What's so alarming about this?
If you need to ask this question you ought not to be involved in trading, really.

I find it amazing that this thread can stimulate the responses that it has so far, and moreso from members I believed to be rational, logical and deductive, and rooted in reality.

It just goes to show how powerful some belief structures can be and how they are persistently taken seriously. I am truly gobsmacked.

Socrates,

"It just goes to show how powerful some belief structures can be and how they are persistently taken seriously. I am truly gobsmacked."

You've not heard of religion then!!

I've noticed you have a tendency to tell people what to do based on your own belief structure.

Warning

When the Moon is in UR ANUS trading can be painful :eek:

I find it amazing that this thread can stimulate the responses that it has so far, and moreso from members I believed to be rational, logical and deductive, and rooted in reality.

It just goes to show how powerful some belief structures can be and how they are persistently taken seriously. I am truly gobsmacked.

I may not be one of the rational, logical and deductive individuals referred to, as I don't post that often. But I would like to mention that "financial astrology" is based on research. Since the advent of computers this is a field that has gained more interest: previously, some many calculations had to be made by hand that many found it too daunting to try. Although W. D. Gann was one who did, I believe.

Financial astrology is not the same as looking up your sun sign in <i>The Sun</i>. And I am not suggesting, Socrates, that that is what your reading matter is (smile)?

It is just another tool for one's trading arsenal: to be used in conjunction with anything else one uses. I believe, until fairly recently, Chartists, were viewed in the same manner as astrologers. And still may be, by some.

I would like to support Tuffty's comment on religion.

And to quote J. P. Morgan:

"Millionaires don't use astrology; billionaires do."

SOCRATES said:
If you need to ask this question you ought not to be involved in trading, really.

thanks for all replies to this thread.
I was expecting to have to sift through a lot of guffaws and wise-cracks to get any meaningful replies, but I have been astonished at the level of interest and valuable links.
(which will be followed up)

My interest is open-minded. I am curious about astrology, and think it is worth pursuing. Not as a single approach, but something that may provide general pointers. (ie. not to be used on its own)
Ironically, I was going through the Delta Phenomenon over the weekend, and although not exactly astrology, seems to suggest certain non-terrestrial patterns. :)

thanks again for the links.

Tuffty said:
Socrates,

"It just goes to show how powerful some belief structures can be and how they are persistently taken seriously. I am truly gobsmacked."

You've not heard of religion then!!

I've noticed you have a tendency to tell people what to do based on your own belief structure.
Tufty, please, leave religion out of this because it does not apply to the markets.

I do not operate according to belief structures. I operate according to reality structures.

In a belief structure you are expected to accept, blindly.

In a reality structure you do none of this. You have to have it proven, which is the opposite.

What do you prefer ? Guesswork or logical deduction ? ..............Well then !

Beach Runner said:
And to quote J. P. Morgan:

"Millionaires don't use astrology; billionaires do."
You must not believe everything you read in books.

The Old Boy is most likely to have uttered this as a leg pull, or to get out of answering a question he did not wish to, or found inappropriate to do so, or as a diversionary tactic, or for some other reason, and ought not to be taken seriously at face value.

Socrates,

I believe that in order to profit from the market you have to have a belief structure. If you wish to call it a reality structure then that’s fine by me.

I don’t wish to call it a reality structure due to the following reasons. In order to profit from the markets one needs to believe that some behavioural patterns will replicate. Those that profit from this have a belief that this will happen. I can’t see how you can have a ‘reality’ that this will happen. When risking money in the markets you don’t know what you will get back as it is based on events that have not yet happened in reality.

Last edited:
Hello Tufty, because what happens, what it is that unfolds, happens in reality.
Therefore the posture that should be adopted is one of acceptance of that reality as it unfolds, which is what counts, in order to be ready and to take advantage of that reality, is this not so ?
That is why I call it a reality structure.