Astrazeneca - AZN

maxpain

Can you explain that a bit more please for a simpleton like me. AZN is in my stable but I don't have any position - it's been a bit too fiery for my blood lately.

regards

jon

barjon said:
maxpain

Can you explain that a bit more please for a simpleton like me. AZN is in my stable but I don't have any position - it's been a bit too fiery for my blood lately.

regards

jon

This is just business for the MM´s - nothing else. They want to make money and you are to play by their rules in their home backyard!
I´m not sure but there must be some sort of coordinated trading in heavy derivative-stocks globally. You often find similar expiration periods with the same exp. value of an option. As an example - a popular stock to trade in Sweden is by nature Ericsson and there are all kinds of options/warrants to choose from. The majority of warrants in E for December is call options and very few if any really good put options. By nature the speculator is bullish and I´m certain that all these derivatives are produced in unity between the big boys. Ericsson drops like a stone at the moment into OEX so I guess this was printed all over the place long time ago. In the US good news are out before and the bad ones comes after the bell. AH is easy to manipulate as well as the futures. The key is to play by their rules and to try to figure out what´s in their mind of where they are to drag indexes or stocks. Not easy at all. Staying alive is hard in this business.

USD-chart monthly - supports a possibility of a rally this month - target $45/2340p - quite a distance so I guess some overnight rallies will will take it up there.

Attachments

• 1102612661507.gif
    1102612661507.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 225
stay away from AZN - 1800 first then possibly 1600 and finally 1400 in the worst case - short sellers in control!

As I said on the 14th of October, the long term holders of this stock are now in big trouble, the slide continues and there is no respite in sight. Short term traders on the right side of the moves have made a tidy packet in the last two months or so (that goes some way to paying for all those presents) but the bulls are in need of some of their products.

Sadly, the worst is yet to come; the stock will probably find support when it yields more than the FTSE average or the PE ratio is lower than the average. The irrational relative share pricing of the 90s is now a distant memory and very hard to justify based on risk/reward.

am looking for signs of support and a reversal candle on the weekly.too dangerous on the daily.does anybody know the amounts of stock lending going on for this? also any other bad news in the pipeline?

No growth, product portfolio sucks, FDA under fire from Congress, cheap Canadian import, US Health care costs will come under thorough scrutiny in order to reduce the budget deficit...
The whole sector managed to coordinate all bad news into a big tripple-witching and option expiration day - strange huh!!! This market stinks! MM´s in control!
(A Merry Christmas by the way :devilish: )

good info.thanks for that.i need to be extra careful,even on the weekly chart.youre right maxpain it sucks.however,there will be support somewhere,so i shall put in a long ,when the support level presents itself..trading off t the pivot with a smaller than average target and a tight stop.
however,there are probably better ntrades out there than this one

dentist007 said:
good info.thanks for that.i need to be extra careful,even on the weekly chart.youre right maxpain it sucks.however,there will be support somewhere,so i shall put in a long ,when the support level presents itself..trading off t the pivot with a smaller than average target and a tight stop.
however,there are probably better ntrades out there than this one

Yes, I also think there will be some nice entry points for some short plays up/down. Posting some charts of AZN. No rush to buy as a long player - not until 2006. Nice trad-able triangle in the weekly chart. If I´m correct the US-index for drugs confirms.

Attachments

• drgm.gif
    drgm.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 199
  • aznm.gif
    aznm.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 210
  • aznw.gif
    aznw.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 212
  • aznd.gif
    aznd.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 213
  • azn60.gif
    azn60.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 200
maxpain said:
Guess it´s time for a rally up to $40 before the next drop occurs.
Whipsaw before the rally?
maxpain .agree with you.it looks to be basing in the 1840 level.volume looks a bit thin.order going in / long with 1800 as the stop.i shall get out if there is a reversal candle on the weekly.there will be institutional buying for the long term at this price
thanks

dentist007 said:
maxpain .agree with you.it looks to be basing in the 1840 level.volume looks a bit thin.order going in / long with 1800 as the stop.i shall get out if there is a reversal candle on the weekly.there will be institutional buying for the long term at this price
thanks

I have 1895 as 1st stop and possible top today at 1918 - (bullish case)

Can´t get any data feed of the GSI warrants today? I only get yesterdays figures? Any clue?
http://lse.is-asp.com/warrants.html...pe=full&searchterm=azn&Submit.x=22&Submit.y=9

Thank´s, I had them on a 5sek automatic "refresh" so I realised they had some problems. Think I got them at 9 am GMT. Drugs is in rallymode in the US so I believe we get some nice weeks on the long side now.
Happy (& a Good) New (Trading) Year!

no change - still on sell - posting charts of drug-index USA. Maybe the end of February could be the wright time to buy AZN. More new bad news from Japan today - starts wondering what´´s become of this former(?) giant in the sector...

Attachments

• drg.gif
    drg.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 207
  • drg1.gif
    drg1.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 236
They are turning this one and you could expect 2125 next Friday.

Goldman Sachs March warrants supports the conclusion.

Maxpain,
Is that because there are more activity in the Calls than the puts?
Which Call strike has the most cativity?
I'm holding the 2000 march, 2400junes, 3000 decs calls Options at present. I also think the stock will move higher.
AZN have also been buying back some stock at 2080 and below.
I think/believe it will go to 2200 by march [next month]

bull

Last edited:
AZN failed to make a lower low on in late Jan. This fact coupled with a very bullish divergence propelled the price right up against the major downtrend resistance. This is where it still sits although a little of its highs of the last few days.

So, does the failure to make a new swing low coupled with the divergence indicate further strength and completion of a 1-2-3 bottom or will we see a re-test of the late Jan low?

I am now bullish but can not see a trade with decent R:R ratio

Anyone else still watching from a position trading type bias?

Cheers