Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Can't rush these things. . .
Indeed Oscar, we prefer to take a slow and measured approach. After all, only fools rush in where angels fear to tread. On the other hand . . .

Some folks - especially the malcontents on here, lol! - might say it's more a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. It's uneffing believable - it really is - I can barely contain my anger. As for the teachers, the unions and Labour all demanding the safety of children before returning to school - that makes my blood boil. They don't give a toss about all the people packed liked sardines on tube trains going to work or the checkout staff at supermarkets - they can carry on as normal - but not the teachers. What's so special about them? As for the kids themselves, just three under the age of 19 have died. Agreed, that's three too many and a tragedy for their families, but it's statistically inconsequential. Just one in every four million! More kids will die in traffic accidents on their way to and from school than will die as a result of the virus. Coronaphobia is the new disease we need to fight; it's waaaaay more dangerous than the virus ever was - or ever will be - IMO.
Tim.

True Tim, but it depends on your objectives. The crisis is set and the fear is sown, now we get to see what they change.

Indeed Oscar, we prefer to take a slow and measured approach. After all, only fools rush in where angels fear to tread. On the other hand . . .

Some folks - especially the malcontents on here, lol! - might say it's more a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. It's uneffing believable - it really is - I can barely contain my anger. As for the teachers, the unions and Labour all demanding the safety of children before returning to school - that makes my blood boil. They don't give a toss about all the people packed liked sardines on tube trains going to work or the checkout staff at supermarkets - they can carry on as normal - but not the teachers. What's so special about them? As for the kids themselves, just three under the age of 19 have died. Agreed, that's three too many and a tragedy for their families, but it's statistically inconsequential. Just one in every four million! More kids will die in traffic accidents on their way to and from school than will die as a result of the virus. Coronaphobia is the new disease we need to fight; it's waaaaay more dangerous than the virus ever was - or ever will be - IMO.
Tim.

Ooh, a Sunday rant, Tim.

Gotta say I don’t disagree. Rather than being really honest with people and relying on their good sense the government chose to impose and enforce (try) restrictions across the board a lot of which don’t make much sense and some downright laughable (Go out and meet one person when, round here at least, most wander about in couples. Got to socially distance, of course, but that’s what we’ve been doing anyway with those we come across on our daily walk - exercise only, musn’t enjoy it).

Increasingly it seems Sweden have got it right, give people the honest facts, mistakes and all, give them advice and rely on their common sense without too much imposed restriction.

Increasingly it seems Sweden have got it right, give people the honest facts, mistakes and all, give them advice and rely on their common sense without too much imposed restriction.

Yes Jon, but don't ignore Japan. Note the use of "wrong" and "weirdly" simply because they didn't follow what other governments did...

"In its battle with the coronavirus, Japan appears to be doing everything wrong. It has tested just 0.185 percent of its population, its social distancing has been halfhearted, and a majority of Japanese are critical of the government’s response. Yet with among the lowest death rates in the world, a medical system that has avoided an overloading crisis, and a declining number of cases, everything seems to be going weirdly right."

All week Boris passed the buck for daily press briefings to lightweight cabinet ministers who did little to dispel the judgement that they are second and third rate. He’s supposed to be leading us through this mess, so when does he choose to appear before us? Sunday, to defend Cummings. Jeez.

Dont worry Jon, we have the civil service (y)
twit.jpg

It is hilarious reading what Doomsday Cult members have to say about the lack of corpses piling up in Japan as they predicted would happen. “Wait two weeks” they said, now they are saying “It’s because they wear masks and have good hygiene”. The fact that the Japanese were doing this two weeks ago is lost on them.

Got that? The UK needed lockdown because it is an unhygienic society that tolerates halitosis.

What I find most annoying is that politicians are still insisting on having this lock down in place instead of leaving it the good judgement and sensibility of most common people to asses their own risk and take precautions.

Make the information available and let the people judge.

Whilst at the mean time Gov should focus on putting focus and protection around those who are vulnerable assisting those who need help like the elderly, those with underlying health conditions and care homes.

Then there is the simple logistics of having some form of response teams to track and trace, or voluntary apps available to facilitate. Provide PPE and masks making them readily available free if necessary.

Our political leaders, ie BJ bungle boy displayed no judgement, leadership or response / advice until late late into the Covid show. Failed to take swift early decisions despite having ample time and observing spread our politicians did FA.

I've always said Boris was a useless bungling Etonite privileged p1ss head. Taking claim for managing London or the Olypmics where literally 1000s of consultants and other staff deliver services and he does nought but take credit for other peeps hard work.

Many of our leaders are much the same. What's worse is our public schooling system and aristocracy takes credit for giving us these twits.

On the other hand we have Labour and the Trade Unions; another bunch of self entitled free loafers who want the world for nothing.

CV you were saying these boys will have to up their game once Brexit is sealed and dusted... Does it look like you have credible leaders to take you to your promised land?

What I find most annoying is that politicians are still insisting on having this lock down in place instead of leaving it the good judgement and sensibility of most common people to asses their own risk and take precautions.

Make the information available and let the people judge.

Whilst at the mean time Gov should focus on putting focus and protection around those who are vulnerable assisting those who need help like the elderly, those with underlying health conditions and care homes.

Then there is the simple logistics of having some form of response teams to track and trace, or voluntary apps available to facilitate. Provide PPE and masks making them readily available free if necessary.

Our political leaders, ie BJ bungle boy displayed no judgement, leadership or response / advice until late late into the Covid show. Failed to take swift early decisions despite having ample time and observing spread our politicians did FA.

I've always said Boris was a useless bungling Etonite privileged p1ss head. Taking claim for managing London or the Olypmics where literally 1000s of consultants and other staff deliver services and he does nought but take credit for other peeps hard work.

Many of our leaders are much the same. What's worse is our public schooling system and aristocracy takes credit for giving us these twits.

On the other hand we have Labour and the Trade Unions; another bunch of self entitled free loafers who want the world for nothing.

CV you were saying these boys will have to up their game once Brexit is sealed and dusted... Does it look like you have credible leaders to take you to your promised land?

It will take ages to drain the swamp. The last election was a good start, but then we got bogged down with this Covid nonsense. As for attracting talent into politics.......that may take a generation!

Trump needs another term to build on his good work in the US. (y)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/QyGLj9jC27">pic.twitter.com/QyGLj9jC27</a></p>&mdash; Dai Lama (@WelshDalaiLama) <a href=" ">May 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like they were going after him because he stopped Sedwill and Co from extending Brexit whilst Boris was incapacitated - Nice one Cummings. Media are a disgrace.

That's the latest 'theory' that MSM are not reporting.

What next.
Now Counter and Sig are stockpiling chickens and ducks.

I haven't had to buy any bog roll since February, at least the apocalypse hasn't happened.....so far.

We are all waiting for phase 2 of this lockdown disaster to kick in as Furlough ends and the economic impact moves from phoney recession into real recession.

Just wondered what the weekly number of peeps waiting for cancer diagnosis in the UK?

Some estimate 2000 p/wk.