Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Went to Aldi yesterday after work to get my favourite Cheese.
Walked in there WOW
No tuna and mostly no tins of anything.
Not one sheet of loo paper and most of cleaning products gone.
Rows of empty sections in the frozen area.
Half the diary and bread gone.
Needless to say came home with no cheese.
Thinking had the world gone mad or had CV and Sig started a new world cult.

Tut-tut cant'; the clear inference of your post is that anyone south of Brum is overflowing with it and, as a southerner, I take great offence to this. On the social justice wokeness ladder - this outrageous comment is only a few rungs short of full blown xenophobia. Consequently, I have no option but to report you to the Police for a non-crime 'hate incident'. In the coming days, you can expect a phone call or visit from a 'social cohesion officer' (whatever the fcuk that is) who will ask you to 'check your thinking'!!!
:ROFLMAO:

Mea Culpa Citizen Timsk!

Thank you first of all for sticking to the standard rendition of my name despite your obvious displeasure - others, less temperate, lean toward spelling the first syllable with the more modern "u" vowel.

After suitable re-education I'm sure that I will eventually come to realise, that I too, love Big Brother but the moment and to quote the bard (okay, a bard)

"Hah, now ain't that some shit? (Ain't that some shit?)
And although there's pain in my chest
I still wish you the best
With a fuck you (Oh, ooh, oooh)
And I'm like, "Fuck you" (Ooh, ooh, ooh)
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough
I'm like: "Fuck you and fuck her, too"

BTW, PS & NAFKYU: I too originate from South of the Border (Watford) but for fair disclosure I have to admit I've spent the greater part of my life even further south in parts of the world where they speak no English but a kind of heathen jibber-jabber.....so I suppose that's very nearly as bad as being from North of Watford.

Went to Aldi yesterday after work to get my favourite Cheese.
Walked in there WOW
No tuna and mostly no tins of anything.
Not one sheet of loo paper and most of cleaning products gone.
Rows of empty sections in the frozen area.
Half the diary and bread gone.
Needless to say came home with no cheese.
Thinking had the world gone mad or had CV and Sig started a new world cult.

Not had any of that trouble up here.
Might have something to do with less spending power....hooo noooose!
In any case.....they probably don't sell proper cheese darn sarf.
Lancashire crumbly all the way !

. . . In any case.....they probably don't sell proper cheese darn sarf.
Lancashire crumbly all the way !
Too true c_v.
It's because the remoaning 'sarf' are embarrassed to be British and prefer to think of themselves as European*. They consider it racist to eat Lancashire crumbly, Stilton, Red Leicester, Cheddar and other fine British cheeses. Most shops don't even stock'em: all they have is is Dutch Edam, Spanish Manchego, French Brie and Italian Gorgonzola etc., etc.

* Joking aside, Mrs. timsk and I went to a dinner party last week and some hard core remoaning friends we've known for 30+ years were there and actually said this. Moreover, get this, they even said they feel guilty and ashamed for being white and want to apologise to random black strangers in the street!!! They also said I was a racist on the basis that I'm male, old(ish), white and am in favour of controls on immigration. I was dumbstruck - literally lost for words (rare for me) and just shook my head in disbelief.

Apologies for the off-topic rant!
Tim.

Too true c_v.
It's because the remoaning 'sarf' are embarrassed to be British and prefer to think of themselves as European*. They consider it racist to eat Lancashire crumbly, Stilton, Red Leicester, Cheddar and other fine British cheeses. Most shops don't even stock'em: all they have is is Dutch Edam, Spanish Manchego, French Brie and Italian Gorgonzola etc., etc.

* Joking aside, Mrs. timsk and I went to a dinner party last week and some hard core remoaning friends we've known for 30+ years were there and actually said this. Moreover, get this, they even said they feel guilty and ashamed for being white and want to apologise to random black strangers in the street!!! They also said I was a racist on the basis that I'm male, old(ish), white and am in favour of controls on immigration. I was dumbstruck - literally lost for words (rare for me) and just shook my head in disbelief.

Tim.

Two options Tim,
COA 1: Get new friends
COA 2: (preferred) Get as many invites to dinner parties as possible and wind them up, preferably as drunk as a Lord.

That's the trouble some intellectuals have, not satisfied with what they are. They could get some black make up and paint their faces I guess. They ought to try living in black areas before making such silly statements imho.
Be proud of one's own country and race.

Last edited:
That's the trouble some intellectuals have, not satisfied with what they are. They could get some black make up and paint their faces I guess. They ought to try living in black areas before making such silly statements imho.

Who said they are intellectuals?
They sound like dumb ass mofo's to me.

Who said they are intellectuals?
They sound like dumb ass mofo's to me.
Husband and wife - both architects. Their weird political views aside, we're actually rather fond of them and we'll be even more fond of them when they've finished building their holiday villa in Greece! Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to add Greek Feta to the continental cheese list. Yummy!
:ROFLMAO:

I'd also add that are lot intellectuals, aren't. My non-fun job sometimes entails advising academics on aspects of their research/studies and my experiences are fairly uniform:

A. Undergraduates are a huge pain because they've haven't learned anything but don't know that
B. Masters are a huge pain because they've learned a little more than undergraduates but think it's a lot
C. Doctors are a huge pain because they think they know quite a lot and have trouble with the concept of doubt.
D. Professors are a huge pain because they've got a title that "proves" that they know a lot

I have long since ceased to be surprised at the levels of stupidity and ignorance in even the most erudite of supposed intellectuals.

Human nature is what it is.

Two options Tim,
COA 1: Get new friends
COA 2: (preferred) Get as many invites to dinner parties as possible and wind them up, preferably as drunk as a Lord.
COA 2 is pretty much what happened. Though, to be fair, I think I got wound up as much as them. I was a lone voice - 4 against 1 with Mrs. timsk acting as peace keeper. Our hosts (artist and teacher respectively and very charming), were shocked to the core when I said the BBC are biased. They 'pushed back' on that very strongly, saying that Laura Kuenssberg is a Tory Brexiteer! I mean, just what is one supposed to say to people who actually believe that?! A rhetorical question folks - let's get back to Coronavirus - or I'll end up in Pat's bad books (again! ;-) ) for taking his thread off-topic.

Too true c_v.

Tim.

Common sense out of the window, Common Purpose ushered in.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief just reading it, where do your friends get their information? The Labour party?

So many mixed messages coming out of UKGov/the media over the last couple of weeks, it's no-wonder people wake up to what's really going on far too late and then wonder why there's no bog roll left !

So many mixed messages coming out of UKGov/the media over the last couple of weeks, it's no-wonder people wake up to what's really going on far too late and then wonder why there's no bog roll left !

I often wonder why or how people are unable to make their own conclusions and risk assessment on the numerous amount of information that is available on our super highways.

Information is everywhere.

Who on earth would listen to Boris outlining his vision on how to deal with the virus given his history of statements around Brexit?

Hang on a minute. I think I've answered my question. Brexiteers of course.

I often wonder why or how people are unable to make their own conclusions and risk assessment on the numerous amount of information that is available on our super highways.

Information is everywhere.

Who on earth would listen to Boris outlining his vision on how to deal with the virus given his history of statements around Brexit?

Hang on a minute. I think I've answered my question. Brexiteers of course.

You mean like the time that he and Davis resigned when May did a u-turn at Chequers.
Funny, she was deposed and he is PM.
Now I know you don't have a good track record of backing winners, but at some point, draw a line in the sand and come over to the right of thinking side. Nothing but sunny uplands and large stocks of bog roll. What else is needed! (y) (y)

Solution (traditional):
Buy Telegraph (see above), cut into squares, thread on string and hang near loo.
'a better class of bog-paper'

Solution 2:
Use Flybe share certificates as greener alternative to more valuable newspaper.

;)
hey, MofC, some aussie newspaper stole your idea. I think you should sue or get royalties.