Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

I don't usually do big shopping but having company over weekend thought I'd visit Sainsbury's. The toilet paper row was sparse but hardly a shortage.

Cheap ones gone but plenty of the expensive ones. I was down to three rolls so bought another 9 pack - what with all you and SC's scaremongering. :eek::eek::eek:

Also, noticed the Tuna in Vegetable Oil sold out. Plenty of spring water Tuna on shelves so hardly a shortage.

Much ado about nothing.

If you say so.

Me and SC always ahead of the curve, as you know. (y)

Non-fun job? :unsure:

See T2W profile.

I find anything to do with people to be generally unenjoyable and when it comes to academics it gets really unpleasant. But no, I certainly do not set exams and I wouldn't claim to be an expert in anything. Fortunately/unfortunately people still want to give me moolah for nattering and scribbling.

Until my trading gains begin to feed me as well as the cat the non-fun will continue to be the day job, which is a pity as I really enjoy trading...or tarding as DT was wont to call it:)

Certainly doesn't give a damn about politics, race, religion, sex, age, money or any other human values or criteria.

Hmm, well it appears that this virus is specifically ageist as the young do not appear to be generally at threat from it. Based on this maybe it has a conscience and has decided that it doesn't like the older generation. So those who include a disportionatley high number of people with views of climate change deniel, tory voting, anti-woke, anti-pc etc and is making way for the new generation of those who have the opposite view.

Hmm, well it appears that this virus is specifically ageist as the young do not appear to be generally at threat from it. Based on this maybe it has a conscience and has decided that it doesn't like the older generation. So those who include a disportionatley high number of people with views of climate change deniel, tory voting, anti-woke, anti-pc etc and is making way for the new generation of those who have the opposite view.
I'd say that's the most depressing post of the 8,521 you've made to T2W over the years Paul! The idea that the virus is woke or that it attacks the anti-woke sends shivers down my spine!

As the virus begins to mutate it's looking increasingly like the cull is not only going to be multi-generational but cross species - that guy in HK and his dog is the start of it. I'm deeply concerned for my cat.

...and anyway, sounds to me like the younger generation have their own issues to deal with: climate change obsession, common sense denial, woke garbage, pc ocd etc etc which wouldn't be resolved just by the virus giving them an absolute majority.

See T2W profile.

I find anything to do with people to be generally unenjoyable and when it comes to academics it gets really unpleasant. But no, I certainly do not set exams and I wouldn't claim to be an expert in anything. Fortunately/unfortunately people still want to give me moolah for nattering and scribbling.

Until my trading gains begin to feed me as well as the cat the non-fun will continue to be the day job, which is a pity as I really enjoy trading...or tarding as DT was wont to call it:)

I used to find working with traders more than unpleasant but quite distasteful.

Bunch of over paid hyped up useless to55 pots.

Traders don't do any real work. Parasites.

I went shopping in my local Asda this afternoon. I was shocked to see so many empty shelves !
Hoarding I guess.

Speaking of curves.
Maps bottom right. Yellow dots quite disturbing. Draconian measures will come into play at some point.
Last 2 weeks we have gone from +400 new cases daily outside China to 3,700 new daily cases.

Looks like all the figures are in for today.

DateNew Cases Outside ChinaNew Cases Daily Increase
24/22.4k
25/22.8k+400
26/23.3k+500
27/24.3k+1000
28/25.3k+1000
29/26.8k+1500
1/38.5k+1700
2/310.3k+1800
3/312.7k+2400
4/314.9k+2200
5/317.5k+2600
6/321.2k+3700
7/325.2k+4000

I don't usually do big shopping but having company over weekend thought I'd visit Sainsbury's. The toilet paper row was sparse but hardly a shortage.

Cheap ones gone but plenty of the expensive ones. I was down to three rolls so bought another 9 pack - what with all you and SC's scaremongering. :eek::eek::eek:

Also, noticed the Tuna in Vegetable Oil sold out. Plenty of spring water Tuna on shelves so hardly a shortage.

Much ado about nothing.
Always knew there was one person who shopped at Sainsbury's

Looks like all the figures are in for today.

DateNew Cases Outside ChinaNew Cases Daily Increase
24/22.4k
25/22.8k+400
26/23.3k+500
27/24.3k+1000
28/25.3k+1000
29/26.8k+1500
1/38.5k+1700
2/310.3k+1800
3/312.7k+2400
4/314.9k+2200
5/317.5k+2600
6/321.2k+3700
7/325.2k+4000

Conservative estimates are that infection rate doubling occurs every 6 days, your matrix looks to be tracking just above that, global infection to occur during the Summer months. I reckon collapse of health systems ahead of that, coupled with crippled supply chains and very few workers, we are in for a torrid 2020 and not just with wiping our arses.

When the police routinely start wearing masks and gloves, that is the time to take proper notice. Can't understand why health workers aren't already protected.

Noticing around local town yesterday, no-one taking precautions and the place was more packed with shoppers than ever, when this thing takes off, it will sky rocket

When the police routinely start wearing masks and gloves, that is the time to take proper notice. Can't understand why health workers aren't already protected.

Noticing around local town yesterday, no-one taking precautions and the place was more packed with shoppers than ever, when this thing takes off, it will sky rocket
You've given yourself aware there Sig! Now we can all see that you're a Bull...do you have TP?...or maybe you're just going to trail it...

Speaking of curves.
Maps bottom right. Yellow dots quite disturbing. Draconian measures will come into play at some point.
Last 2 weeks we have gone from +400 new cases daily outside China to 3,700 new daily cases.

Well, that didn't take long to come into effect!

Well, that didn't take long to come into effect!

Italy taking measures to protect those in society most needed to run govt and keep the banking systems alive. Military is already well prepared and protected, police somewhere in the middle but expendable, health workers expendable and certainly general population are expendable.

And what of the UK? Well, in terms of number of hospital beds per 1000 people we have 2.54 compared to Germany’s 8, Austria’s 7, Poland’s 6.5 etc, etc and you don’t get down the list to our measly 2.54 until you’ve knocked off 20 who have more. And that’s just a Europe list!! Actually we are third from bottom. ‘Course we are the best doncha know - just wash your hands and prepare for the corridor (or car park) if you get really sick.

Last edited: