Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Quick question now that Wuhan has no more deaths (or very few), what is the case fatality rate for the Wuhan lockdown region, this should be a known figure now?

Some people are very resistant to the 2m social distancing rule. Hard to understand as its a free, easy and painless precautionary measure.

Whilst I admit that I may be packing the kind of tackle that you would normally find hanging between the hind legs of a Grand National winner, it would still be beyond even my capabilities to engage its use whilst maintaining a 2M distance from my beloved lady and for that reason I have to somewhat disagree :)

Had my bloods done a couple of weeks ago as I'd been a bit under the weather and was worried about you know what. Anyway, I got the results back today and it's good news!

test results.PNG

I'm just sad Diane Abbott won't be on TV so much now she's lost her shadow cabinet minister job. She never failed to convey absolutely what were her thoughts..........................

I'm just sad Diane Abbott won't be on TV so much now she's lost her shadow cabinet minister job. She never failed to convey absolutely what were her thoughts..........................
Good for many laughs but that is about all.

"But the largest throng of unhappy men among the host of mortals are those whom the expectation of death, which threatens them on every hand, drives to despair. For there is no quarter from which death may not approach. Hence, like soldiers scouting in the enemy's country, they must look about in all directions, and turn their heads at every sound; unless the breast be rid of this fear, one lives with a palpitating heart."

-Seneca

I've not heard this for myself but, according to Mrs. timsk, big Don is recommending injecting Detol to kill the virus. The manufacturers have made clear that the antiseptic disinfectant is intended for drains - not veins - and should not be ingested. Following my slew of funnies first thing, you could be forgiven for thinking this is just another one that I've added belatedly, but you'd be wrong!
😲

I've not heard this for myself but, according to Mrs. timsk, big Don is recommending injecting Detol to kill the virus. The manufacturers have made clear that the antiseptic disinfectant is intended for drains - not veins - and should not be ingested. Following my slew of funnies first thing, you could be forgiven for thinking this is just another one that I've added belatedly, but you'd be wrong!
😲

Nah, tim, he didn't suggest people are literally injected with these things, he suggested to his medical people that they should investigate the use of chemicals found in disinfectants and of isopropyl alcohol within the body, as they had been able to report that these substances destroy the virus very readily in saliva deposits on environmental surfaces. It still sounds like he was speculating about medical research beyond his level of expertise, I'm sure the US medical sector is able to get along without him throwing ideas around.

I can see how his thinking and makes quite good logical sense.

I'm going to try putting shoe polish on my head to see if I can come up with some bright and well polished ideas. :unsure:

I can see how his thinking and makes quite good logical sense.

I'm going to try putting shoe polish on my head to see if I can come up with some bright and well polished ideas. :unsure:

Well it hasn't worked for me...............

Nah, tim, he didn't suggest people are literally injected with these things, he suggested to his medical people that they should investigate the use of chemicals found in disinfectants and of isopropyl alcohol within the body, as they had been able to report that these substances destroy the virus very readily in saliva deposits on environmental surfaces. It still sounds like he was speculating about medical research beyond his level of expertise, I'm sure the US medical sector is able to get along without him throwing ideas around.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?
"So it'd be interesting to check that."
Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."