Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Well, @new_trader , I wasn't suggesting for a moment that the spread could be prevented.

I was merely making the exceedingly bleeding obvious point, that if the brainless dickheads in charge had taken the simplest most obvious measure to prevent rapid spread at the start, then we would not be in the current mess.

Countries around the globe would have had weeks, if not months, to prepare for the arrival and containment of infections.

But no, instead we have to lock everybody in their homes AFTER we've allowed millions to become infected, and continue to keep the airports open to ensure the virus is spread even farther, lol.

How homo sapiens sapiens claims to name itself 'the wise ape' is beyond comprehension.

If stupidity were protection against corvid infection, we'd be assured of herd immunity without doubt.

Sadly, I fear the virus displays rather more intelligence ...

😷

@MasterOfCoin my point was that with such a long incubation period, most of the spread would have occured before it was obvious that anything could have been done. They closed the stable door after the horse has bolted. This is why AIDS/HIV is still an issue. "The most common way of getting HIV in the UK is through having anal or vaginal sex without a condom." such a simple method of minimising transmission, yet it is still being transmitted through unprotected sex. Go figure...

I' hadn't heard the UK had quarantined any cruise ships. Have we done that?

Well, well, it looks like we haven't, how strange! Carnival cruise ship arriving 17th April.

So FCO advise is to avoid all but essential travel abroad, I hope each one of the 15,000 aircraft arrivals (per day) have a good reason to be arriving in the UK. Still can't understand why no testing, it would provide a mine of data.

Last edited:
Is being low on fuel good enough?

I don't mind people arriving, I do mind them arriving untested then let loose. I also mind them arriving, being let loose untested, whilst simultaneously we are over-policed to stay at home even though I could be enjoying a park bench, or a spot on the beach whilst observing the social distancing rules of course.

One rule for them.......

Here's the full cruise ship list, plenty of arrivals still (just for Southampton), are there any customers on these ships?

I don't mind people arriving, I do mind them arriving untested then let loose. I also mind them arriving, being let loose untested, whilst simultaneously we are over-policed to stay at home even though I could be enjoying a park bench, or a spot on the beach whilst observing the social distancing rules of course.

One rule for them.......

The issue is as much the departing as it is the arriving. I suppose technically 'they' are following the rules because all travel is restricted unless deemed essential. I would hope, that like my workplace, there are simple (such as taking temperature) preventative measures that the departure airports are following thereby absolving the need for the UK to test them on arrival.

One rule for them.......

They are being asked to go home and stay there. All you're being asked is to go home and stay there.

But if these people come through the airport, go home and stay there, we've only added that many people to our total virus "reservoir". 15,000 people per day sounds a lot but how long's that number likely to be maintained? In any case, on top of 60 million its not going to cause the ICU curve to spike on its own.

Being realistic, we are all going to have to catch this virus at some stage.........

You and Baron already have, did you both not say so in earlier threads. Do you really need a doctor to tell you. It's the season of influenza. And Timsk.

What use is testing? Considering how accuracy has a question mark hanging over it.

One rule for them.......

What if they are English?

Aren't efforts being made to repatriate British citizens stranded around the World?

15 thousand a day, in the last 4 weeks, that will be at least 450,000 people that have arrived, unchecked !!

What is the point of a lockdown?

15,000 a day sounds a big number, 450,000 sounds astronomical. But the most its done in the last 4 weeks is add 0.7% to our population of 63,000,000. So our risk has gone up by 0.7%. Is this even worth spending time on?

You and Baron already have, did you both not say so in earlier threads. Do you really need a doctor to tell you. It's the season of influenza. And Timsk.

What use is testing? Considering how accuracy has a question mark hanging over it.

I'm not sure testing is so vital. What is going to happen if a key worker has a negative result? - do they get tested every day? How can we do that? What's the gain?