ARM Hldgs.(ARM)...

cookie

248 1
Congratulations!!!

Best wishes Riz to you and yours. Hope all goes well for you all.

Maybe you ought to get a proper job now!!

ARM - Dont forget the stop loss mate - save any emotion for the kids.

Cookie

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Thank you, cookie...and I'll keep your suggestions in mind...hope you're enjoying your break :)

best wishes

Riz

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Getting there..+19.5 (7.5%) at 279...

I can imagine our Mark & Steve smiling for securing their money and looking forward to possible profit :)

Riz

payneg01

83 1
Hi Riz & ARM followers.
I've just been looking at ARM and thought that I'd post my thoughts. Somewhere along the line I've got a target of around 130p. If there are any P & F Guru's out there please show me the error's of my ways.

Many thanks
Greg
P.S.
I am not holding or shorting ARM

Attachments

Ian56

32 0
I agree. I shorted Arm today at 2.22. Resistance was 2.25. My target is 1.40, I always tend to be a bit conservative!
I will add to my short on a crossing of 2.00.

Regards,
Ian

payneg01

83 1
Hi Ian
I'm off to warmer climes for a couple of weeks, other-wise I'd be doing the same as you.
Good Luck
Greg

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Well, after getting in at 264 and out for +15 last time, I traded arm a few times on intraday or intrahour basis...arm got strong support at 200 and resistance at 220 at the moment...it's a sentiment driven share, but very strong one...short or long I wouldn't hold a longer time position on arm at the moment...as for the chart I wouldn't read too much on it as to establishing long term targets, till we get a trendy market on techs...

One other thing is not to get carried away with shorting enthusiasm, it can also hurt, especially on shares like arm...and once more, the sentiment in US is not like the one in UK at all, they are looking for signals of future recovery...whereas UK is full of doomsters...watch it, you wouldnt want to be short on any techs when you wake up one morning and find out that Nasdaq futures are up big time...good luck

Riz

Last edited:

shelman

439 1
Hi Riz
I concur with your view especially the point about US sentiment being different.
Having talked to many Americans, i have worked with, it was apparent that they are far more dependant on direct involvement in stocks than the average Brit for their pensions. It sounds ridiculous but their stated goal was to achieve a portfolio of a least $1 mil for their retirement.
Yanks talking big ? maybe but i can understand their desperation for market reversal.
I,m not talking about traders here but ordinary company employees who depend on their share options etc. Maybe thats the reason for Greenies very risky rate cutting ... keep the voters happy and sod the threat of inflation ... can't really see Brown doing that can you?

Steve

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Thanks Steve for adding your observations..

ARM up +27 (13.2%) at 232 breaking through resistance on big volume of 30,564,346 and starting to fill the gap down area...previous strong support level at 245 may turn into resistance...once broken 260-5 could be the next resistance level...

I didn't get in ARM today as I was too busy piling in baby PON :)

Riz

waldorf

141 1
Reporting interims on the 23/7/01, if no worse than predicted, will lift the price no doubt, still a bit of a gamble, is it worth holding as any price increase will be to quick to be taken advantage of, usually.
Good luck
Col

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Hi Col,

You're right it's risky to hold all the way to interims, but it's worth to hold so long as the market sentiment is +ve and if one has the means making use of intraday or short term bounces...that's been my position on arm for a while...

best wishes

Riz

Ian56

32 0
I closed arm short at 2.03 yesterday. Looking to short around 2.40 this pm or Monday as long the US is not higher at 3pm.

Regards,
Ian

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Well Done, Ian..nice timing

Up today +2.75 at 225.5 on announcement that ARM has extended its product licence with Samsung to cover three more semiconductor cores, including ARM's high-end ARM-10 microprocessor...

Riz

y2k

40 0
Demon

Sorry couldnt resist this post, look whos mentioned at the bottom of ARM's latest news release.....

RNS Number:0910H
ARM Holdings PLC
18 July 2001

18 July 2001

Arm Holdings Plc ("the Company")

Disclosure of Interest in Share Capital

The Company received notification on 17th July 2001 by The Capital Group
Companies Inc., on behalf of its affiliates Capital Guardian Trust Company,
Capital International Limited, Capital International S.A., Capital
International, Inc. and Capital Research and Management Company, that, as at
11 July 2001, The Capital Group Companies, Inc. has an interest in 41,179,618
ordinary shares of the Company representing 4.1% of the issued share capital.
The shares are registered as follows:

Holder Number of shares

State Street Nominees Limited 3,547,700

Bank of New York Nominees 3,151,423

Chase Nominees Limited 16,327,236

BT Globenet Nominees Limited 93,900

Midland Bank plc 4,730,458

Cade & Co 414,000

Bankers Trust 3,854,400

Barclays Bank 525,500

Citibank London 1,015,700

Nortrust Nominees 6,037,857

Royal Bank of Scotland 50,100

MSS Nominees Limited 146,000

State Street Bank & Trust Co 16,100

National Westminster Bank 154,400

Citibank NA 27,400

HSBC Bank plc 80,500

ROY Nominees Limited 16,600

Mellon Nominees (UK) Limited 45,500

Morgan Guaranty 18,000

Lloyds Bank 121,900

Vidacos Nominees Limited 142,900

Deutsche Bank AG 462,000

KAS UK 36,344

Bank One London 85,000

Credit Suisse London Branch 59,300

RBSTB Nominees 19,400

Demon 1000

Riz

Experienced member
1,266 5
Up 33 (16.4%) to 234 after reassuring the market with top-of-the-range second-quarter numbers and a reiteration that full-year expectations would be met.

"46 pct rise in second-quarter pretax profits to 12.2 mln stg and a 56 pct jump in revenues to 36 mln, exceeding most analysts' forecasts. Brokers had expected sales of 32.5-34.3 mln stg and pretax of 9.7-12.5 mln stg."

Saying strong sales of licences and development systems allowed it to "remain confident" in its second half outlook, despite predicting flat royalty revenues for the rest of the year.

"It's all you could have asked for given the current environment," commented Robertson Stephens analyst Gary Kelly, who reiterated a 'buy'.

Deutsche Bank was also repeating 'buy' advice, as did joint house broker ABN Amro.

Still Credit Suisse First Boston, UBS Warburg and Teather & Greenwood reiterated 'hold' advice, while Williams De Broe kept a 'sell'.

Well ARM proved once again it's a strong share...

Riz