Are these forums essentially just the blind leading the blind?

How do you demonstrate the color blue to the color blind? How would you that? How can you get them to appreciate the color blue as you or I do?

Feed him blueberries and say that's what the colour blue tastes like.

Feed him strawberries and say that's what the colour red tastes like.

Feed him a banana and say that's what the colour yellow tastes like.

Then he'll know about the colour blue when he licks it.

Easy peazy :smart:

How does a schizo convince you or I that he speaks to God while riding the bus?

He will tell you things that only God will know. Like the World will end in the year 2022 on October the 14th at 13:52:37.

And, another thing, do you sit closer or further away on that bus from anyone that says i'm speaking to God now?

I'd sit closer so I can hear him better and learn from him. (y)

my 2 cents. Why not i just joined :) There's no holy grail in trading, what works for me may not work for you and vice versa. Your personality has to fit the strategy you're trading. Scalpers can't bear an open position while they're away from the screen, others don't suit trying to find 5 setups a day. What if they are not there, will you pull the trigger just to make up the numbers? Only taken 23 positions all year, but my hit rate has been 81%. That number lets me up my leverage, a bit. But If the setup is not there I don't trade, the waiting and the patience I need is really hard, drives me up the ****ing wall, unless I take a particular attitude which doesn't come naturally. Promise you this, whatever your character flaws are trading will show them to you, painfully. Mine are a lack of discipline and inconsistency. So I have to pay attention not to bring those to work. It's a head game, with yourself as much as the markets. I've only learnt this over time by making mistakes and talking to others. In the words of my old history professor 'I don't have answers for you, but you will learn to ask better questions'

I like to hear people who agree ,trading is a mental game .

This is where most traders lose , the successful ones master these mental skills.

Why do you assume that someone's an unsuccessful trader just because they won't dance to your tune or they say something that upsets you?

I think Darktone made a good point in another thread about having the right temperament to face the onslaught of the markets. Psychology is a huge part of nailing it

Psychology is a huge part of nailing it , it is 80 %.

Glad we learnt something

It feels like internet forums (such as trade2win and others) are full of people who take trading seriously, they come across as knowledgeable and like they know what they're talking about. But in reality, they don't have much of a clue and don't make any money in the markets.

The problem with forums is that "consensus opinions" are built up among the community (eg. X book is good, Y strategy is correct) and anyone who deviates away from such opinions are labelled as trolls. So this creates an echo chamber of (often wrong) opinions on certain subjects which get perpetuated over and over (even worse, it gets put in sticky threads for newbies to read). Hence it becomes a place where the blind leads the blind. Newbies repeatedly get fed wrong or misleading information from people who think they are right, and no one makes any money.

The truly good information is never posted. This is from professional traders who know that posting such information would destroy any edge they have in the markets. So what you get on a forum is simply speculation and advice which doesn't ultimately help people make money.

I'd also be interested to know who is a profitable trader on these forums. I'd hazard a guess that at least 95% on here lose money, maybe more. The rest either break even, or make small profits which are down to luck.

Sorry for the rather negative outlook on things, but that's just the way I see it. What are people's thoughts on this issue?

yep we are all losers and no one makes any money .........cheers N ;)

Attachments

• NVP car picture.JPG
    NVP car picture.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 192
It feels like internet forums (such as trade2win and others) are full of people who take trading seriously, they come across as knowledgeable and like they know what they're talking about. But in reality, they don't have much of a clue and don't make any money in the markets.

?

Take that!

Attachments

• ejpy.jpg
    ejpy.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 154
This is an example of the blind leading the blind.The original poster decided to delete these posts , it is his thread , but is fine by me ...let him make his point ,though highly incorrect.

There are different ways of trading , there are correct ways of trading which not always accepted by forum 95% ) crowds.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 2hhhhhh.jpg
    2hhhhhh.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 174
I had a rational argument about this trade , the only one he called in foresight.My rationale is correct .

I don't go to forex factory forum , because it has 2647 such Forex systems , mostly lead by the blind with all these useless price action.Even the JAMES 16 thread was originally a sticky to earn the forum huge fees .All these threads are amateurish.

https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Attachments

• eur jpy.jpg
    eur jpy.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 156
  • usd jpy.jpg
    usd jpy.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 186
Pink shirt, nice!

A man who's comfortable with his feminine side. ;)

Ehemm the car belongs to the Mrs and that pink shirt, a birthday present from his mistress I reckon. :cheesy:

Last edited:
This is an example of the blind leading the blind.The original poster decided to delete these posts , it is his thread , but is fine by me ...let him make his point ,though highly incorrect.

There are different ways of trading , there are correct ways of trading which not always accepted by forum 95% ) crowds.

i removed the original pictures regarding this (i think on a car related thread) as at that time on reflection I deemed it inappropriate .........but here it was a bit of fun .........sorry if people find such posts a problem .....such is life :smart::cool:

I actually got rid of the car last year as it was a piece of crap and didnt shift as nice as it looked .......:)
N

Pink shirt, nice!

A man who's comfortable with his feminine side. ;)

no a man who has to sometimes wear what his bloody wife buys him for xmas ...............not my choice really :LOL:

no a man who has to sometimes wear what his bloody wife buys him for xmas ...............not my choice really :LOL:

LOL - I knew it NVP, because I had the same pink shirt experience.

Top man (y)

fwiw - I always had a good day wearing the pink shirt. :cool:

LOL - I knew it NVP, because I had the same pink shirt experience.

Top man (y)

fwiw - I always had a good day wearing the pink shirt. :cool:

I wore a pink shirt to work - ONCE.
It was a warm July day, I was in a meeting room, three women entered (no its not one of those stories) all wearing pink and sat next to me. :eek: You can imagine the comments.

The shirt never saw the light of day again.