April '04 Forex

and now short £/$ too. good good, make it so number 1. lets see if the round numbers 1.7800 and 1.1900 prove to be stubborn resistance...

Hi FC

After closing out for +146 pips yesterday, I promptly gave back 40 pips (not following my system! :devilish: )

Currently short €/$ 1.1906 and Cable 1.7835.

looking good so far buddy isnt it :)

cable doing its usual trick of going bananas. im amazed that people try to scalp it. it moves unbelievably quickly. im sure it must gap heavily intraday. never looked at a dot chart though. i think it might scare me too much :)

Interestingly, €/$ and Cable have broken down through key Fib levels on the daily charts.

hadnt noticed that goobs, but on a plus point looks like the daily H&S is completing now, and we are going to fly down towards 1.7000

might be able to afford some extra special trousers if we get that far :) (still short from 1.8250 :) )

FC

FC

The Fibs support you view on a long run south.

I'm still short €/$ and Cable.

so am i. had a wee bit of a pullback havent we. currently trading with such a wide stop that its almost not worth having (100pts lol)

with any luck we wont have another late evening reversal. im getting sick of moves stalling circa 6.30-7.30 pm, as by then im usually in the pub..though judging by the fact im hungover like a donkey today, perhaps i should spend less time there.

nah!

right, bit of a howler yesterday, gave back all of wednesday's gains, and then some. Eurodollar just doesnt want to play ball at the moment.

so its 10am, orders are in accross all 3 today.

£/$ 1.7873 /1.7975

E/$ 1.968 /1.2030

$/Y 108.10/108.72

could do with a nice present before the weekend. gotta go flat hunting soon too. would be nice to be able to live somewhere half decent for a while :)

FC

Nuts*ck.

yen long triggered and promptly went the wrong way.

not time to panic yet. (well not for another couple of hours yet lol)

FC

I've had a crap day too! :devilish:

Today's trades:

£/$ - long 1.7963 stopped out @ 1.7903
€/$ - short 1.1950 stopped out @ 1.2010

It's been a tough week.

Enjoy the w/e.

Yes - short the euro then back into channel/stopped out !

I received the following this morning, only if I went long GBP/EUR & GBP/USD when I got it.

GBP - Buy Into Weakness vs EUR
Reassessment of US growth prospects as well as position adjustment have knocked sterling off its perch in recent sessions, but we believe this weakness will prove temporary. We foresee a return to strength in the weeks ahead. Yesterday’s BCC quarterly economic survey showed the manufacturing home orders balance rising to 17 in Q1 2004 versus 8 in Q4 of last year. This is the highest level since the last quarter of 1999 and resonates well with the firm CIPs manufacturing balance (53.7 in March), suggesting the manufacturing sector is in a healthier state than indicated by the disappointing manufacturing industrial production release (-0.6% m/m in Feb). Consequently we expect to see a bounce-back in the official data in the months ahead and we expect the BoE to again raise rates in May. We do not foresee a Fed hike until August, thus policy backdrop in the near term should remain sterling supportive, even more so against the eurozone. We would look to buy GBP vs EUR ahead of today’s employment report (consensus -8.0K and -6.6K previous) targeting gains through next week's relatively heavy data calendar (CPI, MPC minutes, retail sales, GDP) which is likely to buoy sterling sentiment.

arrghh!! im trying to claw today back.. doing ok so far.. short from 1.8038 @ £7 a point after we hit overhead resitance and with RSI divergance.

not part of the plan, but the short looked promising....paying off so far. stop now @ B/E

could end up the day in +ve territory, but im not counting my chickens..

FC

keriky. is it going to try to retest the lows from this morning?? this move has lots of legs. 'tis a centipede.

up to breakeven for the day.

good job i didnt go to the pub at lunchtime :)

FC

i just cant leave it alone can i.

short again from 1.7986 lol

RSI divergance (3 peak ) on 1 min chart..