June '04 Forex

Welshie

Sometimes, I think it's better to concentrate on one pair only. That way, you get to know it's idiosyncrasies. The down-side, of course, are quiet days like yesterday and today on EUR.

Welshmal said:
Difficult trading terain but a nice profit on cable today Selling at 18260 (7-8 b/o). Ufortunately managed to write some of the 60 pips profit by getting the wrong way on the swissy. On the 7-8 b/o usd/chf broke out earlier than the Euro so bought that at 12543. Although b/o was at 12527 waited for it to clear resistance at 12547. However, the long direction reversed at was stoped out at 12500.

Hi all...

i have been working on a web site mainly as a hobby for the last week or two...it only went online on Sunday 13 June.

It provides free live charts for FTSE100/DOW/S+P/DAX/CAC/OIL/GOLD and NYSE/NASDAQ/FTSE100 and EURO Stocks....

It also has news portals, an economic calendar, pivot calculator,historical csv data for stocks,FX and indices and will have lots more stuff added as I go.

I have today just added the Forex Chart Pages...there are quick links to charts on the left link bar on homepage but if you go to the Forex Pages Button there is all manner of chart links/news link and analysis pages...

The point of this site is to provide the u.k trader with as much free non subscription live information as possible, because being a trader myself I am sick of being asked for money for everything I want online.

Yes there are some on site ad banners (no pop ups!!!) but if I earn any commision it will go towards the up keep and improvemnt of the site...

I hope you can all visit and find some use of it...

http://www.livecharts.co.uk

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/ForexCharts/FXPage.htm

good selection of links there Lee ;) particularly the FX collection, nice one!!

Leeshindig : Great site ! Lots of useful info and links presented in a concise format. Thanks for putting it together - I've added it to my Favorites.

Regards,

Shorted EUR at 1.2160 and covered short at 1.2100 for +60 pips. :cheesy: The market went further south after my exit but as I am unable to sit in front of the screen, I employ limit orders at predetermined targets.

cheers guys...

hope you find it useful...

please dont hesitate to mail m with any suggestions...

regards

Goober said:
Shorted EUR at 1.2160 and covered short at 1.2100 for +60 pips. :cheesy: The market went further south after my exit but as I am unable to sit in front of the screen, I employ limit orders at predetermined targets.

Nice trade Goobs. And nobody's gone broke from banking profits !

The 7-10 system got me in quite a bit later at 1.2127. And I'm still short now (current price 1.2083).

Regards,

All in one place

Hi,

The live charts web page is fab. All the data you need on one place. I'll be a regular visiter from now. I like the fact you have Brent crude feed.

A Massive Thanks,

Naresh

Thanks m8. I'm quite happy to to take a piece of the action on a consistent basis.

ivorm said:
Nice trade Goobs. And nobody's gone broke from banking profits !

The 7-10 system got me in quite a bit later at 1.2127. And I'm still short now (current price 1.2083).

Regards,

I have traded with IG but found their spreads larger and on stops the price slips a good amount. Easy to use and very helpful staff.

When a 1-2-3 isn't a 1-2-3

Following on from the chat room.

A 1-2-3 is a reversal set up that happens after a reasonable move like we have seen in the Euro this morning.

The first criteria for a 1-2-3 is that there need to be a valid trend break. which can come at various points during the pattern set up.

In this particular set you can see in the first image that there is a very clearly defined 1-2-3 type setup after a good move up.

However, in the second image you can clearly see that there has been no trend break and therefore not a valid signal.

There are other considerations for this pattern as well. For example, it didn't fit my RR as it was about 1:1 also i like to see the formation of this pattern over at least 14-21 bars

It is more like likely that this will develop in to a flag/channel pattern and given time could generally consolidate here anyway.

Happy Trading
NB

Attachments

• eur1.gif
    eur1.gif
    14 KB · Views: 286
  • eur2.gif
    eur2.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 271
eur quick trade

long on BO channel/flag mentioned above
1st Target HOD - no follow through, tight stop

Attachments

• June-04-04_eur_15min.gif
    June-04-04_eur_15min.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 244
  • June-04-04_eur_15mina.gif
    June-04-04_eur_15mina.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 258
Nice charts NB.

I got in earlier this morning at 1.2068 and took profits at 1.2160 for +92 pips.

Attached chart illustrates my trade.

Attachments

• EUR.jpg
    EUR.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 284
Nice one goober

Similar trade on GBP for a short @ my usual levels. Didnt take the long siganal as i have had computer problems

NB

Neutron Bomb,

Many thanks for your charts and reasoning above, re. eur 1-2-3 trade (and your monthly threads in general). I always like to keep an eye on this thread to see what you and the others are up to compared to my ideas.

Althought I'm still learning this trading business and am only paper trading via a fxcm demo account at present it was much appreciated to later see your thoughts on a trade that I took. It has highlighted flaws in my thinking - RR evaluation / Stop loss sizes which I need to look at. In the end I bottled out of the trade at +30, and was quite pleased with the outcome of the situation. Now I'm not so happy with my decisions...

Keep up the good work to all....

Carl.

cw1

If your taking a profit you shouldn't be unhappy about the decision you made. Given the information that you had present at the time you made a decision and so did i . It went on to give a really decent gain but who was to know?
Remember we are all still market pupils regardless of experience as long as you are happy and consistent with your approach you will do well.

Happy Trading
NB

Just a few thoughts that i should have posted friday evening and never got around to it -- sorry.
Friday's close of GBPUSD (24/06/04) we had a close within one pip of the high as you know,. This is a 'piper' close ......as in the bagpiper is playing the funeral march,lol.........what this does to my charts is make it much more likely that the following days trading will cause a sell signal..........so I sometimes jump onboard the bear bus before it gets a chance to fill up. :) so sunday nite i sold on the open, which strangely seemed to occur at 5:15 est US time...... remember I'm new to currencies, but have a wheelbarrow full of experience in futures which i'm seeing works in the currency market -- see you in the mirc chat room - nite.

Bus broke down and the bagpiper got lost somewhere,lol.......thank goodness for stops! The higher high nixed any sell signal for now.