anyone trading cable 2013 - lets roll

Just out of curiosity, what's your rational for the +.1 stop. Answer when you have time, no hurry

Peter

is your question what's the rationale for a +0.1pips stop instead of a break even stop or is it the rationale for a +0.1pip stop? if you get me.

instead of breakeven.

My rationale is that I tend to have a tonne of scratch trades and psychologically I prefer to see +0.1pip on my blotters rather than a 0 pips. I have not analysed it further than this. It works for me and that is all that matter to me. My trade metrics are are tonne of 0.1 pips, small losers and the occasional monster home run which is where the cheesecake is made.

price making second retest of this 1.6103-1.6107 zone.

Thanks. (y)

Similar thinking as me but I just take the BE. If it looks like a string of losses is in progress I sometimes take small gains to break it up. You're right, it's a psychological ploy but we use whatever works.

Peter

short 96's risking 5 pips max, short 94's, mistype

Last edited by a moderator:
lololol RAN sqwark announce semi official names on the bid eurusd, immediately the ar$e falls out of it lolololol

cable breakout lower almost certain given euro ar$e has fallen

move stop to 1.6081 lock in +13, still looking for runner, RANsqwark reports no specific news leading to bearish market sentiment

hourly bar close has the potential to be a juicy outside bar

ok so @ +20 ish stop set to +13 trade will be managed on 15m timeframe from here, next target is 1.6022 should add wont set any take profit, will wait to see how price reacts @ 1.6022 IF it gets there, you never know there could be more in it.

stop moved to 1.6073 locking in +21. I often move my stops in to the high of the last 15m candle, as always everything is discretionary, using my monster amount of screentime to guide me.

came very close to getting stopped out there for +21, still in this short though.

+0.1, -12, +0.1, -14, +17, +0.1, +21 = +12.3 net called live

market chatter - france has been issued with downgrade notice