anyone trading cable 2013 - lets roll

Cablemonster is hungry for pips this week. Looking at potential re-entries in the hourly down trend.

Cablemonster is hungry for pips this week. Looking at potential re-entries in the hourly down trend.

It's not like any downtrend I have ever seen on 1hr - classic or general re opa (overall price action)...more like classic ranging conditions on that t/f now.

G/L

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 183
cable is a beautiful instrument to trade. Why?

It behaves very well technically especially during the London session.
It is very volatile, more volatile than the euro
The spread is tiny if you have enough large for margin.
Leverage - enough to kill you and more.
Participants - good mix or larger and smaller players

Would be interested and grateful to hear your reasons for trading cable over the EUR/JPY if you're looking for something more volatile than EU. I find cable to be a bit noisier than EJ when using tick charts and the spread behaves within a similar range on the DMA I have access to.

Cheers.

hourly bar just closed with a nice pin bar off a previous price flip zone. if the bottom of that bar breaks we could have a nice runner here.

Would be interested and grateful to hear your reasons for trading cable over the EUR/JPY if you're looking for something more volatile than EU. I find cable to be a bit noisier than EJ when using tick charts and the spread behaves within a similar range on the DMA I have access to.

Cheers.

no specific reasons random. London is still the centre around which most FX is conducted, I guess it depends on what times of day you want to trade. trading 8am - 5pm London is great for cable. I don't use tick charts, do you find them useful, these days I dont really go below a 5min.

DMA - are you talking about an ECN or other institutional platform?

Last edited by a moderator:
not interested in a long here though as will want to see if price can break and hold 1.6082 1st. There will be sellers around there and I would need to know they have been cleared out prior to considering a long.

no specific reasons random. London is still the centre around which most FX is conducted, I guess it depends on what times of day you want to trade. trading 8am - 5pm London is great for cable. I don't use tick charts, do you find them useful, these days I dont really go below a 5min.

DMA - are you talking about an ECN or other institutional platform?

Ah ok, horses for courses, thanks for your time on that. Yes I prefer tick charts for my automated (or near enough automated) trading and the tick movement on EJ is about as clean as it gets (there is often little resistance to a big move with only a few micro pullbacks unlike certain pairs that only move like that off the back of huge news), but I use 3min for old fashioned channel and S&R trading.

I find trading 6:30 - 5 to be about the only feasible hours these days on almost any pair (though 5-9 should pick up in Jan). I like to be done before lunch now entirely or I consider the day a potential loser overall. I'd honestly hate to be a US forex trader.

ECN - IB. I recall a post you made (unless I'm mistaken) regarding spreads where you had direct access to interbank liquidity - may I ask what platform that is so I can check it out? Most require 7 figures ja? I would find it odd to make out a treasury deposit order to someone I literally have never heard of even though I'm sure they are well known to the bigger players.

Ah ok, horses for courses, thanks for your time on that. Yes I prefer tick charts for my automated (or near enough automated) trading and the tick movement on EJ is about as clean as it gets (there is often little resistance to a big move with only a few micro pullbacks unlike certain pairs that only move like that off the back of huge news), but I use 3min for old fashioned channel and S&R trading.

I find trading 6:30 - 5 to be about the only feasible hours these days on almost any pair (though 5-9 should pick up in Jan). I like to be done before lunch now entirely or I consider the day a potential loser overall. I'd honestly hate to be a US forex trader.

ECN - IB. I recall a post you made (unless I'm mistaken) regarding spreads where you had direct access to interbank liquidity - may I ask what platform that is so I can check it out? Most require 7 figures ja? I would find it odd to make out a treasury deposit order to someone I literally have never heard of even though I'm sure they are well known to the bigger players.

twas integral FX platform - google them

other institutional grade platforms are:

• 360T
• CitiFX
• Currenex FX
• Deutsche Bank autobahnFX
• Digitec D3 Streaming Interface
• ICAP/EBS
• ICAP/EBS Live XML
• FXAll Accelor
• FXAll Relationship Trading Customer
• FXall Relationship Trading Provider
• FXCMPro
• GAIN GTX
• Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading FX
• Hotspot FXi FX
• Hotspot ITCH
• HSBC FX
• Integral FX inside
• LavaFX
• Market Factory (FX Enhanced Market Data and Trading)
• Morgan Stanley FX
• Nomura FX B-2-B
• UBS FX2B FIX

A decent ECN is fine for most price taker strategies.

twas integral FX platform - google them

other institutional grade platforms are:

• 360T
• CitiFX
• Currenex FX
• Deutsche Bank autobahnFX
• Digitec D3 Streaming Interface
• ICAP/EBS
• ICAP/EBS Live XML
• FXAll Accelor
• FXAll Relationship Trading Customer
• FXall Relationship Trading Provider
• FXCMPro
• GAIN GTX
• Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading FX
• Hotspot FXi FX
• Hotspot ITCH
• HSBC FX
• Integral FX inside
• LavaFX
• Market Factory (FX Enhanced Market Data and Trading)
• Morgan Stanley FX
• Nomura FX B-2-B
• UBS FX2B FIX

A decent ECN is fine for most price taker strategies.

Many thanks - I've definitely heard of those...!

It would be worth the outlay if I could tighten my average EJ spread as 0.8 is about the average I get through IB. Will investigate.

as expected cable found some sellers @82's and I wait to see if they can hold that level.

ok so we got a trade on, currently at +10 pips, once I am at +10 pips I NEVER EVER let a winning trade turn into a loser EVER. The reason for this is I do not want to feel emotional PAIN. stop moved to +0.1 pips, I do this as if it comes back (which it will do on many occasions) I get to register a psychological win.

now we are in trade management mode, more on my trade management later. I am looking for 20 pips minimum BUT if I think the market is turning against me I will take what I can get. i.e. I will take 1 pip if I think the market is going to go against me.

really nice 15m bearish pin off previous H4 S/R w/200ema on H4.

short 80's stop 95's

was within a whisker of cutting it but stayed in, see if we can get a runner south

great hourly close, this trade has potential to be a runner if we can get a good start. lets see where we can get with this one.