Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"?

Richard Feynman.

(Of course if your in a room with pip then clearly YOU are not the easiest person to fool.)

The s&p is most likely to close up less than one point on the day, the dow will probably close down 8 points.

The alternative is a large fall into the close.

There is negligible chance of a ramp into the close today pippa.

always looking for market tells

the kids got alligator blood

can't get rid of him :D

i'll NEVER give up

always looking for market tells

the kids got alligator blood

can't get rid of him :D

i'll NEVER give up

Out of genuine curiosity: have you considered other areas of activity that might better suit your talents?

push up push up push up

anything over 25070

anything can happen here

always looking for tells

like what?

i am analytic & autistic , anything crunching numbers

As part of my "real" life, I have had some limited dealings with people with attributes of low-end autism etc (Asperger's, ADHD, abnormal memory function ) and there are many and various fields where these can actually be an advantage. A cursory search on the net will yield a fair number of hits. What suits you in particular depends entirely on not just where you are on the spectrum but how this influences your overall cognitive function (attention, perception,reasoning, self-awareness etc etc) so it would not be sensible for me to make any kind of suggestion. That said, whatever your condition, I can say with complete confidence that trading presents cognitive and psychological problems for the majority and being a good "analyst" and/or being capable of intense and prolonged concentration do not guarantee performance any better than the "norm"...which as I'm sure you know, is very very bad.

Be well.

The s&p is most likely to close up less than one point on the day, the dow will probably close down 8 points.

The alternative is a large fall into the close.

There is negligible chance of a ramp into the close today pippa.

25,058.06 Change: -6.44
2,801.83 Change: -2.66

Damn I hate it when I'm wrong!

As part of my "real" life, I have had some limited dealings with people with attributes of low-end autism etc (Asperger's, ADHD, abnormal memory function ) and there are many and various fields where these can actually be an advantage. A cursory search on the net will yield a fair number of hits. What suits you in particular depends entirely on not just where you are on the spectrum but how this influences your overall cognitive function (attention, perception,reasoning, self-awareness etc etc) so it would not be sensible for me to make any kind of suggestion. That said, whatever your condition, I can say with complete confidence that trading presents cognitive and psychological problems for the majority and being a good "analyst" and/or being capable of intense and prolonged concentration do not guarantee performance any better than the "norm"...which as I'm sure you know, is very very bad.

Be well.

Thanks, but why do you think you are better suited to trading than I am?

You've posted little here trading related, and never a trade.

You believe you are well suited more than I am, you are this trading prodigy?

You have nothing here to suggest this that I have seen.

Thanks for the advice.

Be well.

Thanks for the advice.

At no point in his post did he say he was good at trading or better than you. Go ahead and read it again.

You made all that up in your head.

I do occasionally, if you care to look.

I definitely didn't say that but from your posts I can infer that I have fewer problems.

It was not my intention to suggest anything of the kind

Thanks for the advice.

I post rarely on this thread as indices / scalping are not my main areas of interest. Part of my day job often involves aspects of learning, hence my question.

@piphoe At first I thought you were just another of these testosterone fuelled wannabe traders who imagined they were going to be bigger than "Insert name of your preferred BSD of choice here". And, it was fun to have a laugh at your expense, literally and figuratively.

It's now clear by your own admission that you have a mental health issue and I will refrain from poking fun at you as it is clear you don't get the joke.

Re read what Cantagril has written and keep re reading it until it sinks in, and read what he has actually written and not what you think he did.

:clover:

like what?

i am analytic & autistic , anything crunching numbers & patterns

Have you been diagnosed by a medical doctor or did you decide you were autistic after doing a bit of googling?

If you are autistic, it'll would be unfair to take the píss out of all the dumb stuff you churn out. So, like Postie says, I'll leave you alone...

Have you been diagnosed by a medical doctor or did you decide you were autistic after doing a bit of googling?

If you are autistic, it'll would be unfair to take the píss out of all the dumb stuff you churn out. So, like Postie says, I'll leave you alone...

Autistic people often have trouble with social aspects of interaction and jokes are somethings they find difficult to understand depending on where they are on the spectrum of diagnosis.

Humour is difficult to grasp even in what may be classed as normal peeps.

Tough one that is???