Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

But ii it a failed new high? At present we are in the middle of today's range and it is getting on for the quiet period. Hold off until about 1900? Maybe best to call it a day?

What do you guys expect from European and US markets on Monday?

I shorted the Yen this morning but entered too late. Got 8 points out of it. I did the right exit but, TBH, I was nursing a paper loss for a long time. I was putting my sandals on when the fall came. Just dived while I was distracted for a few seconds. I was so astonihed at being in profit, when I had been so long in loss, that I pressed the panic button and took the profit.

Last edited:
The Dow and Europe seem to be making slow progress northwards so I'm long and looking for a 15000+ finish on the Dow today, holding into next week.
Me - Long Dow :eek: - I know...

Jeez - its only 20 points from 14980 to 15000 why are those damn yanks making such a meal of it ...

ftse for next week
horizontal and trend.... supp at 6360 area/horizontal/aqua..trend supp at 6320 area
trend res /red at 6600
horizontal res at 6640
4lpvk2.gif

The Dow and Europe seem to be making slow progress northwards so I'm long and looking for a 15000+ finish on the Dow today, holding into next week.
Me - Long Dow :eek: - I know...

I don't like how the Dax is falling - so I have closed my Friday night Long from 15082 to 15131.

A short (and profitable) day today :D

morning everyone

dow was doing well and then dropped. might be kerry and syria war talk.

SP500 sept broke 1650 which is looking like a neckline

morning everyone

dow was doing well and then dropped. might be kerry and syria war talk.

SP500 sept broke 1650 which is looking like a neckline

Yes, I think your right.
Those crazy yanks are overdue a random war. Might take peoples minds off their economy. :rolleyes:

eurostoxx 50 looks like massive head shoulders currently sitting on neckline

will try and get long FTSE if SP500sept can go above 1648.6

dow 10 min also ...neck 912 targ 780...bulls need 912/950

Dick i think the volumes were so low yesterday that they have to shake things up to generate order flow, no interest to upside so all that is left sell it down in apparent response to kerry war drums

Dick i think the volumes were so low yesterday that they have to shake things up to generate order flow, no interest to upside so all that is left sell it down in apparent response to kerry war drums

U.S. (and Rest of the World XI) against Syria - not much of a 'war' really.

Still, as you say it's an excuse to sell, though the debt ceiling and taper news flow is probably more of a reason.