Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I don't usually trade pin bars and stuff but the daily Dow bar is looking pretty tempting to short, I might have to give it a go tomorrow if it makes a good close.

Have not seen one of those bars on the Dow daily for a long time. A close below yesterdays low would be quite bearish. It will be interesting to see how it pans out the rest of the week. There could be quite a few bulls who want to close positions and protect their profits before the long weekend

No mate, I wish I was. Those posts where you see me saying go with the trend was against what I was trading. You'll get that sometimes. I like to counter trend at times.

I was hitting dax short from a scratch below 8k and traded into it. Unfortunately (for me) it just kept on going up with no retrace of any value so didn't even get to chop any out whatsoever. So loss on this set has been a total gross of £5.2k with no winners at all. Thats quite unusual to be honest, especially given the range I had for me.

Original trade entries were at 7975 then increments of 100pts up and down from there. However, as we all know, it went up in one swift line since the start of the month and the start of my entries. This is one those moments when 'The markets knew where I placed my stops'. :LOL:

Exit was (should've been) around 8500 give or take but again the market was going very aggressive this afternoon so was chopping out at levels closer to 8530.

Looking at it now, obviously gutted but hey ho, that's what happens. Anyone got an application form for McDonalds.

Dax at 8477

yes i must admit i like to counter trend as well but i usually set the stop at low risk and try not to fight the trend i know easier said than done:( .....5k loss ? blimey that's way out of my league lee ....

Wasn't Oscar warning about holiday reversals/corrections? Be a long way to go before becoming a down trend, lol

40 points and counting...

Actually came within 30 points of last Thursday's open. Oh well got to save a few points for tomorrow. :cheesy:

For all you market manipulation PPT conspiracy nuts out there. Todays high was 155 points from open. And the gap from last Thursday's close that needs to be filled is -155 points... :devilish:

Don't know if this is true but TopStep tweeted it.

Last 2 times S&P 500 hit all-time high and closed down more than 1% from that high were 10/11/07 & 3/24/00

Had a nice big short on the Dow that got stopped out at 15516 late this afternoon... just before the drop started. Could have really done with clawing back some of my losses.

This has been the worst year of my life.

Originally Posted by dentist007
Dow index
trend from 1 st may
15 min
trend gets tested in 15310 area

there we are..in the zone now

dow index
today"s price action was a bit wild
but see how the wild moves did not distort the chart.price carried on that uptrend despite the spike.trendline got broken and price keeled over for a move down
2h5ohgn.gif

No mate, I wish I was. Those posts where you see me saying go with the trend was against what I was trading. You'll get that sometimes. I like to counter trend at times.

I was hitting dax short from a scratch below 8k and traded into it. Unfortunately (for me) it just kept on going up with no retrace of any value so didn't even get to chop any out whatsoever. So loss on this set has been a total gross of £5.2k with no winners at all. Thats quite unusual to be honest, especially given the range I had for me.

Original trade entries were at 7975 then increments of 100pts up and down from there. However, as we all know, it went up in one swift line since the start of the month and the start of my entries. This is one those moments when 'The markets knew where I placed my stops'. :LOL:

Exit was (should've been) around 8500 give or take but again the market was going very aggressive this afternoon so was chopping out at levels closer to 8530.

Looking at it now, obviously gutted but hey ho, that's what happens. Anyone got an application form for McDonalds.

Dax at 8477

Hi Lee

Take up scalping only 14 hour days(30 scalps per day)
You love it.:LOL:
But seriously the main thing is still being in the game next month.

ASX option expiry today and I always do bad on these day's.
So it's movie day for me, back in the evening for the UK and Euro session.
The Hangover Part III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia