Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

still holding the shorts over here if we open gap low 5722 area then will take a rest and look for a better price to short again for mondays action if FTSE opens flat or + then will hold

Yes but I win Solos girlfriend.

You do indeed...

Winners of the Soloquan Trophy

Post 1000 - Dick Lexic
Post 2000 - MartinC-J
Post 3000 - reksa
Post 4000 - Splitlink
Post 5000 - barjon
Post 6000 - barjon
Post 7000 - Dick Lexic
Post 8000 - Splitlink
Post 9000 - SuddenDeath
Post 10000 - Soloquan
Post 11000 - Dick Lexic
Post 12000 - SuddenDeath
Post 13000 - barjon
Post 14000 - barjon
Post 14443 - et.
Post 15000 - hereward the wake

From the floor on Wall Street
Institutional money came into the Dow today.
Funds expected to keep buying before reporting season in 2 weeks.

From the floor on Wall Street
Institutional money came into the Dow today.
Funds expected to keep buying before reporting season in 2 weeks.

Certainly looks the case. Dow up overnight nearly 50 points at 0600 today..........

My big sell off certainly didn't occur as I predicted yesterday afternoon so interested in where we go today and Friday. Nice Profits nonetheless.......

Morning all

Certainly looks the case. Dow up overnight nearly 50 points at 0600 today..........

My big sell off certainly didn't occur as I predicted yesterday afternoon so interested in where we go today and Friday. Nice Profits nonetheless.......

Morning all

Morning Jungerns and All.

Well done with your shorts.

I'll try to build a position the next days if we get lucky.

SP500 92% bearish
Dow 72% bearish
FTSE 66% bearish

this means only fake news or short covering can cause the market to raise

Tim Haefke derived pivots for FTSE

dec sp500 5763/25
Spy 5758

So 5763/58 after that 5725 (5725 = 5700 on FTSE futures)

u can use sp500 dec as a guide, 1427.75 then 1418.25

Last edited:
Tim Haefke derived pivots for FTSE

E-mini 5763/25
Spy 5758

So 5763/58 after that 5725 (5725 = 5700 on FTSE futures)

u can use e-mini dec as a guide, 1427.75 then 1418.25

Out of interest SD the Correlation of the instruments I'm looking at are shouting Long......
Am not following them, and think we may see a Stall around 08.15 and an opportunity to Short again.
Wait and see scenario......

Spot on for Pickard

"How far do the markets need to come off in order to give them a decent springboard to advance? I would regard a retreat to the 21-day exponential moving averages as perfectly adequate. A slightly deeper retreat to the 55-day EMA would be better still"

Attachments

• dp.PNG
    dp.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 124
SP500 92% bearish
Dow 72% bearish
FTSE 66% bearish

this means only fake news or short covering can cause the market to raise

Out of interest SD the Correlation of the instruments I'm looking at are shouting Long......
Am not following them, and think we may see a Stall around 08.15 and an opportunity to Short again.

have we exhausted the sellers? markets are bearish, only the risk off areas of market showing strength, today we do have weak dollar and flight out of 10yr us. big short positions provide natural demand if markets can be tweaked into forcing them to cover. also there is the political angle, election in first week of Nov they do not want dow down 5/10% Obama needs all the help he can get. fake news and spin, get the shorts scared and covering.

the markets are way below buy/sell pivots , means very technically damaged but possible room to do oversold rebound. the last time FTSE crossed a pivot was the sell pivot 5850

on daily chart ftse should be bought if it crosses 5792

at the time of writing the dow is +66pts

Out of interest SD the Correlation of the instruments I'm

" Stall around 08.15"

good call jungerns