Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

interesting - ftse put on a burst of strength against dow from 14:20 on and held its nerve after the open. think ftse is anticipating upside.

Attachments

• ETX Capital - Mozilla Firefox_2013-01-28_14-56-06.png
    ETX Capital - Mozilla Firefox_2013-01-28_14-56-06.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 100
interesting - ftse put on a burst of strength against dow from 14:20 on and held its nerve after the open. think ftse is anticipating upside.

The FTSE is doing well to hold on to 6300 given the drop in the S & P

I've just gone long SP500. When mugs like me finally get persuaded to get in it's a guaranteed sign it's too late and it's the turning point.

We have learned a lot and lost a lot of money since the U.S. Senate report that Goldman Sachs mortgage traders tried to manipulate prices of derivatives linked to subprime home loans in 2007 -- creating derivatives products that would make money on mortgage securities that fell in price, betting against their own customers and the American dream of owning a home. In 2007, Goldman structured group trader Deeb Salem sent an e-mail to Michael Swenson urging other traders to offer prices that will "cause maximum pain" and "have people totally demoralized." Well, Deeb, job well done ...

mrtopstep great article

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.php/opening-print/opening-print/1281-danny-riley

Us stocks and DAX feeling bearish so i am going flat, dont wanna short it only to have my eyes ripped out ! Try again tomorrow i think guys , maybe better levels to buy these !

Us stocks and DAX feeling bearish so i am going flat, dont wanna short it only to have my eyes ripped out ! Try again tomorrow i think guys , maybe better levels to buy these !

dow had opening gap on friday, might be some targeting of that.

Market is feeling a bit toppy, think we need fed and NFP out the way for a convincing push up ! Dow 14k on Friday for sure !

Onanda and IG positions are a bit of a headfake aren't they? Surely, they're there to encourage a 'herd mentality' and in trading, the herd mentality is often wrong?

The secret to trading indices are the currencies? Current strength of FTSE, DJI and DAX seems to be linked to the current Dollar weakness (as well as the various governments' need to keep up the masquerade that everything is just fine and dandy). They need lots of money to invest in the stock (exchanges), to try and get things moving again, via increased confidence of both retail and institutional investors?

good morning bustech,

bustech have u looked at the USDJPY

Hi SD

Back on line after we caught the edge of a cyclone.
YEN still getting weaker, should start to hurt US earning in the next 1/4 reporting.
Mcdonalds, Apple, Van Heusen, Harley Davidson and many more will see earnings hit.
Cant load charts at the moment, but DAX come off a bit, but FTSE held up well.

Last edited:
Morning All
Japan up, getting back some of yesterdays losses.
Hong Kong (market looks lost) and China flat.
ASX up after pricing in Fridays strong overseas gains, after being closed on Monday.
Would be interesting to see how the ASX and Asia would react to a down night in the FTSE and DOW, say about 1%
EUR/USD looks prime for a break out, could lead the direction of the DAX today.

morning bustech
morning everyone

US10yr up in yield went over 2% its a very very big deal. money leaving safety.