Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

morning bustech
morning everyone

US10yr up in yield went over 2% its a very very big deal. money leaving safety.

Morning SD

Being based into the UK.
Do you think the weakness in the GBP is also helping the FTSE to go higher.
With overseas money coming into the UK business and the market.

Morning SD

Being based into the UK.

yes, FTSE earns 70% of its profits overseas, so everything price in UK Pounds will go up. People have more downside for GBPUSD. FTSE is also heavy with oil/resource stocks.

chart of GBPUSD is inverse of FTSE100.

The criminal gang which runs the UK had a policy of weakening the pound in order to "re-balance" the economy to improve exports

Morning SD

Being based into the UK.

Did anyone read the evening standard last night sighting the decline in GBP and its going lower, if anything is going to put a bid under gbp it will be that ! :LOL:

All markets are pushing higher as there is so much liquidity on the sidelines !

Could think of it another way, why would u buy a GBP asset if GBP is declining u may make money on the asset going up but the value is depreciating, just naother way to looking at it !

Anyway back to the markets !

When do you guys think the FTSE might start to drop. There is so much strenght in the FTSE right now its hard to see anything but 6400.

Did anyone read the evening standard last night sighting the decline in GBP and its going lower, if anything is going to put a bid under gbp it will be that ! :LOL:

All markets are pushing higher as there is so much liquidity on the sidelines !

Could think of it another way, why would u buy a GBP asset if GBP is declining u may make money on the asset going up but the value is depreciating, just naother way to looking at it !

Anyway back to the markets !

Thanks Talbs & SD

My FTSE short(6308) is now 1 point on my side, maybe it's time to book the profit.

Few photos from an edge of a cyclone(cat 1)

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/photo..._popup_preview.php?category_id=42932&offset=0

Also no div on the FTSE today

(y)(y)(y) MartinC-J and SD

Attachments

• 20000-thank-yous.jpg
    20000-thank-yous.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 134
When do you guys think the FTSE might start to drop. There is so much strenght in the FTSE right now its hard to see anything but 6400.

At 10 am, FTSE was up 7pts, Dax down 10 pts, and ES down 1.5 pts from the open at 8am. FTSE was being supported, and whoever the big player that was doing it, was trying his best to support the price. Now that the price has finally broken, I expect the FTSE to catch up with the others.

(y)(y)(y) MartinC-J and SD

The thank yous go to SD and barjon and many others for keeping this going. It's not a scalping thread which is fine with me. What's so good is that we have all types of traders here and they are prepared to share their knowledge with all.