Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dick - the ES wasn't trading until 11am uk time, hence the gap up. Looking for 6000 on FTSE futures to short, but it might have already peaked.

Martin!! Happy New Year - gonna see you here more often in 2013 I hope :)

Martin!! Happy New Year - gonna see you here more often in 2013 I hope :)

Hi Jon. Happy New Year to you too. I really want to trade and not be a builder. Lots of things up in the air at the moment. So don't know if I can go back to trading full time. One day, I'll make it. Just don't know which day.

all a bit confusing at the mo ..6000 ..hols..fiscal cliff..gaps :confused:

Reportedly there's truck loads of money waiting to be thrown at the US market once the cliff thingy is out the way so there should be a good knock-on effect on ftse. Might all be a devious plan to prepare for a major dump of course, lol.

Which ever way we should enjoy some strong movements to play with.

One of my rules is beware the market that refuses to retrace. I have this rule to stop me fishing for a big retracement. On one way days like today, if the market refuses to put in a retracement greater than 23.6%, then it is unlikely to come until at least 2:30pm when the US opens up.

As for the shed load of cash waiting for the resolution of the fiscal cliff, I would have thought they would prefer to enter lower, so maybe wait for the gap to be closed before they pile in. Who wants to buy at highs?

One of my rules is beware the market that refuses to retrace. I have this rule to stop me fishing for a big retracement. On one way days like today, if the market refuses to put in a retracement greater than 23.6%, then it is unlikely to come until at least 2:30pm when the US opens up.

As for the shed load of cash waiting for the resolution of the fiscal cliff, I would have thought they would prefer to enter lower, so maybe wait for the gap to be closed before they pile in. Who wants to buy at highs?

Interesting.

ES has gapped up almost 20pts over the new year holiday from 1420 to 1440 area. I would be very, very surprised if this held given the light volume under which it rose 40+ pts on 31/12 so am expecting a little push up on the open before some profit taking kicks in. If 1440 holds then the gap may not close for a while.

Happy New Year boys and good trading to you for 2013.

we have a new high .....my elliot waffle says we might have a leg three on the 4hr ...if it is then a retrace which holds 6000 would be just fine ...wave five would start when barjons trucks arrive:)

of course those pesky gaps are still there:(

only hindsight can say if the highs are highs or lows or middles, Im a great fan of breakaway gaps though at least till March the target still in play for the dow @684 will most likely be superceeded by a 14200 area

we have a new high .....my elliot waffle says we might have a leg three on the 4hr ...if it is then a retrace which holds 6000 would be just fine ...wave five would start when barjons trucks arrive:)

of course those pesky gaps are still there:(

SP500 cash had massive outside day 31st dec 2012