Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

ftse started trading a bit strong now - bout time to cash in chips for a while if short/long

ftse seems to be going it alone... US / dax reluctant at the mo ...

Waiting for FOMC

Just came out on ES as it tagged 57.50 - nobody wanted to trade up there and buy orders just disappeared. Seems a 5pt range is all we'll probably get until 19:00GMT

Waiting for FOMC

Just came out on ES as it tagged 57.50 - nobody wanted to trade up there and buy orders just disappeared. Seems a 5pt range is all we'll probably get until 19:00GMT

hiyah, Rob. Nice to see you slumming it on the ftse thread occasionally :)

u scalp the es?

Used to so I am ok at reading orderflow. Have adopted a more relaxed intraday tone over the last 6 months.

Was in at 1453.75 at 14:45 today and got out at 1456.75 at 15:24 after it tagged 1457.50. I had a limit order up there but could see that orders weren't being pulled at all up there (1300 in queue out of 1600 visible on the book for a long, long time) and a minute of no big buy orders coming through at yesterdays high kind of told me I should get out. So I did by hitting the big 'liquidate' button.

hiyah, Rob. Nice to see you slumming it on the ftse thread occasionally :)

Am I naughty for posting up ES gubbins on a FTSE thread?

Last edited:
dollar index...smack into resistance as we said yesterday.if this res is taken out then stock rally will fail
a move down from res /failure ,with a good negative signal and the stock rally continues..
non farm payrolls tomorrow.i think it will take more than nfp to move this either way
30 min data
35miln8.gif

Used to so I am ok at reading orderflow. Have adopted a more relaxed intraday tone over the last 6 months.

Was in at 1353.75 at 14:45 today and got out at 1356.75 at 15:24 after it tagged 1357.50. I had a limit order up there but could see that orders weren't being pulled at all up there (1300 in queue out of 1600 visible on the book for a long, long time) and a minute of no big buy orders coming through at yesterdays high kind of told me I should get out. So I did by hitting the big 'liquidate' button.

Am I naughty for posting up ES gubbins on a FTSE thread?

great trade...one es point = 10 pips is that right?

great trade...one es point = 10 pips is that right?

on FTSE - roughly I think.

ES has 4 ticks per pt and 1pt is $50 (per contract). So each tick is $12.50

Have seen ES made new highs - perhaps I should have left the limit order in place....ah well.

on FTSE - roughly I think.

ES has 4 ticks per pt and 1pt is $50 (per contract). So each tick is $12.50

Have seen ES made new highs - perhaps I should have left the limit order in place....ah well.

thanks for that robster...anything goes on this thread so just keep posting:)

but could see that orders weren't being pulled at all up there (1300 in queue out of 1600 visible on the book for a long, long time) and a minute of no big buy orders coming through at yesterdays high kind of told me I should get out.

robster - sorry I am reading this so late, but can you explain what you mean by 1300 in queue out of 1600? I watch the ES always while trading the FTSE and it would be nice to learn a little more about the order flow. Do you have the ability to see orders other than what is on the bid and the ask?

Cheers

Martin

robster - sorry I am reading this so late, but can you explain what you mean by 1300 in queue out of 1600? I watch the ES always while trading the FTSE and it would be nice to learn a little more about the order flow. Do you have the ability to see orders other than what is on the bid and the ask?

Cheers

Martin

If you are familiar with DOM/Ladder on Ninja or X_Trader then what I am referring to is the EPIQ (Estimated Position in Queue) when you have placed a limit order, in my case I wanted to sell a number of contracts at 1557.50. On the order book there were 1300 contracts in front of me that would need to be filled using buy market orders before I would be filled. The total number of contracts at that price was about 1600 and this remained quite static.

The static nature of both numbers told me that nobody was pulling orders and this was a clue that nobody was likely to trade up there at that point in time.

Oddly enough it's easier to see than it is to describe..