Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

only hindsight can say if the highs are highs or lows or middles, Im a great fan of breakaway gaps though at least till March the target still in play for the dow @684 will most likely be superceeded by a 14200 area

I agree dc. It is very hard to know what is a top. Especially in a market that has been grinding higher. This is most likely a breakaway gap, but I would like to see a pullback of some sorts and see if the buying comes in in strength.

Looks like we made the 6000 in the futures, but it happened at 2:30pm when the US opened, which made it a difficult entry short in amongst all the noise of the open. A better short entry was on offer at 3:05pm but it didn't drop a whole lot.

ftse traded -73 weak by the close. ie: should have closed at 6100 had it kept pace with dow.

possibly.....but some supports to watch
dow futures ..15 min
the supports for thsi upmove are in the region of 13320 and 13290
green lines
7 point box size by 3 reversal
any impulsive move must get supported
vopw1z.gif

d007 on the ftse chart ...looks like impulse from 5888 start of 3 leg? how do you treat gaps with point and figure?

just my opinion but if the dow makes a hh currently13376 cash the bulls will want dec high ....if not we close the gap unless barjons trucks turn up lol

well we actually got 13310 area as support and a break upwards that had started just after my last post/the last hour of trading
ftse 15 nin futures
shows 3 supp areas to watch
and the main one /double trendlines at 5965 area
if we keep moving up..then we just plot the next supp area .trend failure will test the supports

14se7fb.gif

its all good wouldnt mind seeing more highs tomorrow and a bit of profit taking Friday

need to see a signal to get back into gold at some point

its all good wouldnt mind seeing more highs tomorrow and a bit of profit taking Friday

need to see a signal to get back into gold at some point

we could..but could be some profit taking
the real big number is 80.10 area on dollar index...if it gets there
we are in res on dxy and the big number looming above.so stock gains could be smaller..imho

Last edited:
good morning everyone.

just checked out Dow using point and figure with dentist's settings. PF makes things very clear, guessing u would have gone long at 12,929 ? and still be long

From a book I read called "West of Wall Street" by George Angell and Barry Haigh he says that many floor traders use point and figure charts

good morning everyone.

just checked out Dow using point and figure with dentist's settings. PF makes things very clear, guessing u would have gone long at 12,929 ? and still be long

From a book I read called "West of Wall Street" by George Angell and Barry Haigh he says that many floor traders use point and figure charts

you could visit stockcharts.com for some p&f

i just had a look ...seems pretty good

mornin' all

ftse traded another -29 weak vs dow so far today

Certainly more bang for your buck with dow longs. If you'd gone long ftse at Monday close you'd now be standing at +123 x 2 = 246 but if you'd done it on dow you'd be +450 x 1 = 450

morning Barjon,

the correlations have been all over the place, mostly cliff related I am guessing

dxy hit that big res area this morning...if it breaks upwards,then index down
we will gwt a consolidation before we get direction
if the major res does not break..then index go up again