areas to watch pre and post nfp
dollar index/5 min data
backfilled to xmas eve/24 dec
i have tracked the price on the latest breakout/wednesday...fomc
supports for this latest break come in at...80.45/aqua line
80.30 and 80.25 ..green trendlines
basically,short term the uptrend should get supported between 80.20 and above
any failure.decent one means nfp not looking good
howver,this latest move could have been a fake move up to test the bears and this market could move down after nfp
so..we watch to check this out
remember.... index move inversely to dxy

abk0o5.gif

dxy on 1 minute..tracking that uptrend since fomc on wednesday
80.50 supp area
mc4uaw.gif

keep watching the dollar index

the US 10YR treasury yield is 1.955 this is huge approaching 8 month highs. money leaving safety, when it reverses then Indices will be under pressure or maybe fall.

anyone notice the massive 3 day drop in GBPUSD?

Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??
Quote:
imho this thread has changed a lot lately ...what has happened to all the new guys?

by Dick Lexic

Hi All.... I am one of the "new guys"... I have been reading this site for a while now whilst I try to gain some knowledge and experience in trading. It is quite scary when I read some of your posts as a lot of the terminology is quite new to me... I have not posted on here up to now as I felt I have nothing to add to the quite extensive knowledge that is evident from all you guys... However I would like you all to know that your insight and willingness to share is very much appreciated by those of us who are just starting our journey, even if we are a bit too shy to actually post it on here... Damn... I just did !!

Quote:
imho this thread has changed a lot lately ...what has happened to all the new guys?

by Dick Lexic

Hi All.... I am one of the "new guys"... I have been reading this site for a while now whilst I try to gain some knowledge and experience in trading. It is quite scary when I read some of your posts as a lot of the terminology is quite new to me... I have not posted on here up to now as I felt I have nothing to add to the quite extensive knowledge that is evident from all you guys... However I would like you all to know that your insight and willingness to share is very much appreciated by those of us who are just starting our journey, even if we are a bit too shy to actually post it on here... Damn... I just did !!

afternoon Malcyd welcome to the thread. thanks for posting, if u are total beginner trade2win has a "essential first steps" thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/89078-essentials-first-steps.html

you can ask any question and see if it gets answered.

yes... all of us soon should be millionaires :D

the other day I was thinking what would a mill get you these days, not a great deal reminded me of the jasper carrot sketch "you won a million" "I'd rather have the garden spade"

Quote:

by Dick Lexic

i guarantee (30 day money back) if you post your analysis / thoughts you will learn a lot quicker ....most don't want to post for fear of looking like a ******(i don't mind) but it is the quickest way believe me ...if you check back the posts you will see we have all called a clanger at some point :innocent: so we just move on ....

no posters no thread ....simples

Stick my neck out today. Payrolls prints high, followed by a sell-off to around 1425 on ES.

This would be the ideal scenario for me, but my ideal scenarios rarely (if ever) become reality. For now, I hang on to S&P short (very small stake, as usual) and check occasionally what is happening.