Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

No, not really not to my liking. I aspire to much more than a dreary 9-5 job.

What really gets me is they won't even look at what I am doing, my charts, etc.

I bring them in say take a look at this! Sell up here, buy back down there. Make more in an hour and half than you make all day. They shrug and go "ok. That's it no interest, no further questioning, nothing. Blank stares :eek:

I don't get it....

Pip.........are you making a consistently good living from trading ??

YES OR NO ??

The only way they will get it, is if you can show what you can buy with all your trading.
Until you show them you bought "that" by doing "this", they wont get it.
:LOL: It took years for my parents to understand I got paid to work as a programmer. :LOL:
(these days, I just say I am a financial software developer.)

Just keep trading. You know how good you are. Thats all that counts. (y)

So Trendie, do you make a consistent year in year out GOOD living from trading ?? yes or no, albeit being dressed up as a developer or programmer ? do you make agood living from this using your OWN money, using your own account ?

ps thanks for at least not hiding like errrr well, some others.......sooooooooo predictable btw Postie, Atilla, Dentist...... I could go on.......& I will in time !

You old guard are gonna need to be tighter than a drum !

So Trendie, do you make a consistent year in year out GOOD living from trading ?? yes or no, albeit being dressed up as a developer or programmer ? do you make agood living from this using your OWN money, using your own account ?

ps thanks for at least not hiding like errrr well, some others.......sooooooooo predictable btw Postie, Atilla, Dentist...... I could go on.......& I will in time !

I tried full-timing it a few years ago.
I burned out. The psychological and emotional pain was too much.
Every loss was too much to bear. Affected my health, my sleep patterns.
Or may be it was the trading in isolation that burned me out first time round. Perhaps I could have fared better if I was trading in a physical room with others, getting support and banter.
Dont know.

However, these days I have a good blend of "normal" work, and trading.
I swing trade when on a project. (I can afford to place a trade, and leave it for days).
In between contracting, I day-trade. I can manage it, because I have at the back of my mind a "real" job to go to, so losses dont bother me.
(I have a new project starting in mid-Sep.)

I trade my own account, with my OWN money. I make money. I treat it as a hobby.
May one day try full-timing again, but not yet.
Am I consistent? I am nett positive. (my consistency kicked in about 3 years ago)
I may have the occasional losing week or month, but I can deal with it.

Its the mental stuff thats the real challenge.

When I first started out, I was always asking others to prove how good they were.
Proof by calling out trades. (real time, not after the fact! :LOL:)
Proof by showing accounts.
Proof by showing how much money they were supposedly making.

Dont care any more.
If I see someone post a good trade, I try to understand and appreciate the reasoning behind it. I will LIKE the post if I think they finessed it.

If I see someone boasting too much, some gentle ribbing is in order. These days, I dont bother asking them to prove themselves. They are on a curve themselves, and playing out some psychological issues on the forum.

If there is an apparent scam, let the Mods know, so newbies dont get sucked in.

These days, I am here for the banter and camaraderie.
Not looking to prove anything, nor ask anyone else to prove anything.

Have a lovely weekend.

What's upset you?

Feeling grumpy.

Do tell us.

I'm all ears...

s-l640.jpg

I tried full-timing it a few years ago.
I burned out. The psychological and emotional pain was too much.
Every loss was too much to bear. Affected my health, my sleep patterns.
Or may be it was the trading in isolation that burned me out first time round. Perhaps I could have fared better if I was trading in a physical room with others, getting support and banter.
Dont know.

However, these days I have a good blend of "normal" work, and trading.
I swing trade when on a project. (I can afford to place a trade, and leave it for days).
In between contracting, I day-trade. I can manage it, because I have at the back of my mind a "real" job to go to, so losses dont bother me.
(I have a new project starting in mid-Sep.)

I trade my own account, with my OWN money. I make money. I treat it as a hobby.
May one day try full-timing again, but not yet.
Am I consistent? I am nett positive. (my consistency kicked in about 3 years ago)
I may have the occasional losing week or month, but I can deal with it.

Its the mental stuff thats the real challenge.

When I first started out, I was always asking others to prove how good they were.
Proof by calling out trades. (real time, not after the fact! :LOL:)
Proof by showing accounts.
Proof by showing how much money they were supposedly making.

Dont care any more.
If I see someone post a good trade, I try to understand and appreciate the reasoning behind it. I will LIKE the post if I think they finessed it.

If I see someone boasting too much, some gentle ribbing is in order. These days, I dont bother asking them to prove themselves. They are on a curve themselves, and playing out some psychological issues on the forum.

If there is an apparent scam, let the Mods know, so newbies dont get sucked in.

These days, I am here for the banter and camaraderie.
Not looking to prove anything, nor ask anyone else to prove anything.

Have a lovely weekend.

Fantastic honest post Trendie, you sound like you're in the same place as me with this game.
To be fair getting into playing the markets really made me appreciate the life I have, with the freedom of being a sub contractor, earning well & literally living outside the box, many of my mates are corporate boys, most are earning eye watering amounts.... & fookin' miserable.

Now I enjoy looking at the markets at my own leisure rather than taking my eye off the ball & getting obsessed with making money in the markets, oddly when I was in the thick of it, it took away my free & easy lifestyle.

The complete opposite of why I got into it in the first place.

Last edited:
What's upset you?

Feeling grumpy.

Do tell us.

I'm all ears...

s-l640.jpg

If you were in my shoes Atilla you wouldn't even send me a low brow post like that. You think I'm grumpy, no mate,just a little heads up to all the bullshi1tters, it's a simple as that

Whats the matter mate, have I hit a nerve, has it struck a cord with your little inverted snobbery gene ?? was it because I dared to make a little joke about your Brexit thread ?

You need to sit back down in your big armchair mate, get your pipe out & vent your loss ......oh yea, you do.........time after time after time after time !!

You must have some enormous stop losses mate, can't see you letting it go !
you must be super successful at trading.

ps You lost..........."nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm going to set up a thread dedicated to brexit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"errr so your not trading Atilla??"......... "no not trading anymore, I am Attila, I don't lose to anyone, can you not tell by my forum logo/badge, I am the hound, I will post 1 million vents about this abhorrent change.......coz I've read all the tweets from the Labour party & you know, they really know how to run a country.... right thats it, I'm off to tweet my secret mates Diane abbot & Jeremy Corb"bin" !"

go on Attila ......vent

vent some more !!

So, how about you mr superior know all, DO YOU MAKE A CONSISTENTLY GOOD LIVING FROM TRADING ? (extra large caps in case you miss my question)

Trading successfully consistently is so incredibly difficult, so much more than I believed when I first took it up. My "eye" automatically goes to tops & bottoms on whatever chart I'm looking at, ANY TIME FRAME PICK ONE i go "ya, I can see why that sold off there, or they bought there, no brainer". I CAN SEE WHY!! EAsy! LOL

Now that I know a little more, and few yrs experience I learned it's called CURVE FITTING. My mind automatically curve fits in hindsight, every winner in hindsight makes (made)sense to me lol :D

Now, I HOPE i'm a bit more discriminating know that I have gained this "wisdom". It's still incredibly hard though, is it worth it probably. We'll see.. :)

Another thing I found difficult, with a regular job you know before hand you're going home with "x" amount of dollars in a day, a week, a yr.

Trading? I might go home with "-x" amount of dollars at end of day. Or, a lean week (and in back of your mind you ponder "is this going to continue all week? or month? or never ever had an edge to begin with, and you'll bleed out":eek:

That plays with your mind to, the uncertainty .

(I'm looking over charts right now, and have been for hrs)

those of us with aspergers pick something never let up.

Come on Atilla I've got a BBQ to go to mate !

Answers on a postcard will not cut the mustard my "learn'ed" friend !

Another thing I found difficult, with a regular job you know before hand you're going home with "x" amount of dollars in a day, a week, a yr.

Trading? I might go home with "-x" amount of dollars at end of day. Or, a lean week (and in back of your mind you ponder "is this going to continue all week? or month? or never ever had an edge to begin with, and you'll bleed out":eek:

That plays with your mind to, the uncertainty .

(I'm looking over charts right now, and have been for hrs)

Do you make a consistent good living wage or not Pip ?

YES OR NO ?

Right I'm off, can't wait about for the attack dogs response...... I've got the feeling it'll be a war & peace novel.

YES OR NO ATILLA ?

have a good weekend all.

Come on Atilla I've got a BBQ to go to mate !

Answers on a postcard will not cut the mustard my "learn'ed" friend !

I'd go to that BBQ and have fun eat myself sick but in back of my mind i'm running charts. true. i go to sleep at night i'm running charts as i drift off.........

It takes at least 12-15 yrs to become a good doctor. Difficult study, why should trading be any different.

https://www.ibm.com/watson/health/
IBM has AI that's almost or IS better than humans...it's at least an adjunct this is the future.

A few yrs back, a little before I came HERE, I had an edge that I swear the algos took from me shortly thereafter and became useless. This is the dawn of the machine, and AI poses a real threat to the avg human traders, and not so sure of this trading as we know it will be around much longer. One thing is for sure the algos are pushing us into longer and longer TF's, but like the butterfly in China it's wings affect the weather in the UK. I might be wasting my time.:innocent:

Last edited: