Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

S&P - purely a case of 'we' want it to close higher today no matter what.

The amount of shares being sold into the close every night is eye-watering (another $1.4Billion) and yet the price still goes higher.
But then the smart boys dont want to be selling when the price is going down do they.

Retail is vacuuming up the shares that smart money is getting rid of.

Beware!

On the macroeconomic front, the PMI economic activity index for the Euro Zone fell to the low of the last 18 months to 54.10, in line with expectations. The same indicator, but relative to the services sector, was 53.80, compared to the expected 53.90.

European markets closed in different directions, though contained. During today’s session, investors’ sentiment was influenced by the political situation in Italy, as well as the comments made by the central banks. Yesterday, just a few “more populist” words from the new Prime Minister Conte in the Senate were enough to cause a rise in Italian yields (especially those with a maturity of two years). Today, this upward movement of Italian sovereign yields remained, which again penalized the banking sector.

In the pre-opening, the European indices rehearsed with some gains. Today will be the scene of the contrast between two factors. On one hand, the good performance of Wall Street, which should benefit the most cyclical sectors in Europe. But on the other hand, investors will have to face a new upward movement in yields but this time has a different nature. Yesterday, the session was driven by a rise in sovereign yields, but unlike in previous days, was not due to the political situation in Italy. Spurring the new upward movement of these interest rates were statements by Peter Praet. The ECB's Chief Economist has stated that this institution is progressively more confident that it will reach its goal of 2% of inflation. These statements indicate that during next week's meeting the topic on the end of the debt acquisition program will certainly be debated.

What is that FTSE doing today!

It's made me a few Zlotys that's what it's been doing. I shorted it this morning but missed the bump at 12h50....on the way up AND the way down. What's 80 pips anyway?

I've got a buy order in at 7700 but it's playing hard to get.:sleep:

It's ...
I've got a buy order in at 7700 but it's playing hard to get.:sleep:

The ftse is always looking for an excuse to go down, when the US markets give it a reason tonight / tomorrow AM, the ftse will fall IMO.
Watch those longs.

Attachments

• thss.jpg
    thss.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 61
Would you hold a short overnight on the dow?
>+100 point jumps overnight 4 out of the last 5 nights.

Are you in yet?

Sorry been distracted with the magick and runes on the thread of He-Whose-Name-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned. I see you tore yourself aware from those entrails as well....

I woz indeed filled and have just been released for +10 - should have been +40 but I did my usual and went the wrong way on the pivot:cool:

Anyway, done for the day, done for the week. Just done in basically. Tall glasses of cool foaming nectar clasped in the perfectly formed hands of even more perfectly formed buxom maidens await my immediate intervention.

Good weekend to all

The day was slightly negative for most European markets, with investors waiting for the G7 meeting this weekend in Canada as well as the European Central Bank meeting next week. In fact sales pressure has focused mainly on the financial, automotive, chemical and commodity sectors. In Germany, the economic data published sparked fears about the state of the country's economy. After yesterday data on orders to industry have disappointed the market, today it was announced that industrial production fell 1% in April compared to the previous month (against a forecast of a slight increase of 0.30%), while exports decreased 0.30%, in line with the estimates. In some German newspapers circulate rumors, not confirmed, that Deutsche Bank is studying a merger with Commerzbank. In this market, Commerzbank fell 1.96% and Deutsche Bank fell 1.22%.

Its slowly collapsing from the initial spike.
Dax was raring to go from the open, ftse lacklustre.
GBP rising is going to have a negative effect and no one wants to buy into the news this week. Probably get a rip on Friday.

That was one sh1tty set of data at 9:30 and the ftse spiked 15 points. :rolleyes:

That trade balance just gets worse year after year, and whoever made the forecasts for construction should be shot, they were so far out.