Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Good call ! :clap:

I also have no interest in trading this - tight 30-40 point range on the DAX might appeal to some but is too risky.

Agreed, another one of those situations where a 2 hour wait results in a sudden missed explosion north or south, unless of course you open a position & baby sit it.

Or you could "scalp" ..... totally exhausting use of time imo !

Give me traction or nothing !

I'm semi-bullish for today, next week that's a different question...
Todays daily index options now open;

ftse 6450 CALL - 1 contract @ 4.6
dax 11060 CALL - 5 contracts @ 6.1
dax 11200 CALL - 2 contracts *
dow 18000 CALL - 1 contract @ 29.6

Total risk of £350, I will possibly scale out of the dax positions earlier on in the session if at all possible to cover the premium.

Chickened it and scaled out of the dax positions for approx 2R* and have left the dow & ftse calls running, not convinced there is much left in the tank tbh but they are already "limit down" so won't hurt to leave them running if there is a bounce later.

All in all quite pleased with my first major foray into options, so much so have just bought some PUTs with Nov 20th expiry @ 14:45;

dow 17300 PUT - 1 contract
S&P 500 2050 PUT - 1 contract (already in/out of the money)
EURUSD 10650 PUT - 1 contract (bought at 06:00 - already in the money)
I will buy a weekly DAX put next week, or after market close tonight.

Total risk of $1398, I will *attempt* to let them run all next week, looking for a 4R.

*will update this PnL figure on Monday when I get my statement - CFDs being a mixture of currencies makes it a bit tricky right now.

FTSE negative Dow negative Dax up 100 !
Just happens to be around the 11,000 mark on the Friday close. What an amazing coincidence. :whistling

Thats a tic chart - Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy ...

Attachments

• sptic.png
    sptic.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 99
Thats a tic chart - Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy ...

That's because if they don't raise rates market will go up.

If they raise rates markets will still go up on hype.

“Irrational exuberance” comes to mind! Who knows???

That's because if they don't raise rates market will go up.

If they raise rates markets will still go up on hype.

“Irrational exuberance” comes to mind! Who knows???

So, what we got, about 3 weeks for some significant indices falls, probably emanating from asia so as to avert any interest rate rises this year in the west.

Just spend next few weeks building a short pozzy at an average level your happy about....then watch them suckers tank. Rate rises my ****.....the worlds fekked.(y)

So, what we got, about 3 weeks for some significant indices falls, probably emanating from asia so as to avert any interest rate rises this year in the west.

Just spend next few weeks building a short pozzy at an average level your happy about....then watch them suckers tank. Rate rises my ****.....the worlds fekked.(y)

I think so too.

With collosal debt, any government, raising rates will simply increase burden of servicing that debt on public with more deferred taxes later.

Correct path as mentioned umpteen times before is to keep rates low and raise taxation to take inflationary pressures - if any off the economy.

Low rates are here to stay. Otherwise one is looking at...

Increase debt service bill

Increase in currency effecting B of P adversely

Not happening.

Helloooooooooooooo :!:

:cheesy:

Doesnt look like shes got the energy to make it that far today. :(

True that, it was the cheapest OTM call I could buy.
I will be back at breakeven if she gets upto 11020 but shes a bit lethargic today :sneaky:

It is difficult to find any weaknesses in Friday’s employment report. Thus, the odds of an increase in interest rates rose to 70% compared to 58% the day before and 39% from the end of October.

Looking like an S&P nosedive/nosebleed and a consequential flight to safety in the pullback of USDJPY.

Consolidation of EURUSD is to be expected, but once again maybe a safe haven attraction if we're going to have another big equities pullback?

Thoughts? Or am I speaking a load of guff?