Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Against this rather uncertain and threatening scenario, the performance of equity markets during yesterday’s session was quite interesting. After accumulating losses of about 1.50%, major European indexes embarked on a solid recovery, finishing the day with about 0.50% gains. This pattern may have various reasons but probably was due to the closing of selling positions by investors. If on one hand the longer pass the smaller the probability of an agreement (which has a negative impact on the market and therefore these positive selling positions) on the other hand there is always the possibility of a last minute solution, which has not been rare in recent years and which penalize the selling positions. So, considering that markets are crossing, “uncharted waters” investors’ caution is justified.

Against this rather uncertain and threatening scenario, the performance of equity markets during yesterday’s session was quite interesting. After accumulating losses of about 1.50%, major European indexes embarked on a solid recovery, finishing the day with about 0.50% gains. This pattern may have various reasons but probably was due to the closing of selling positions by investors. If on one hand the longer pass the smaller the probability of an agreement (which has a negative impact on the market and therefore these positive selling positions) on the other hand there is always the possibility of a last minute solution, which has not been rare in recent years and which penalize the selling positions. So, considering that markets are crossing, “uncharted waters” investors’ caution is justified.

Super helpful if a tad late!

Well they all jumped overnight yet the Dow is holding on, for now, unlike the others.

Might be a fun afternoon.

gl

I would imaging with all these swings up and down in a range for so long the SB's are feeling the pain.
You can open 2 positions (short and long) with a 50 point limit and see them both filled most days. I've demonstrated that on this thread before now.
Im sure some trading experts will use this arbitrage type method using different sb companies.playing them all off against each other ,using limit orders etc.:cool:

Im sure some trading experts will use this arbitrage type method using different sb companies.playing them all off against each other ,using limit orders etc.:cool:

You dont need to use different companies. Just Buy the daily cash and sell the near contract. ;)

October 1st last year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-5302.html#post2401810

"How easy can it be?
I'm Long AND short Dax at 9440 9446 the spread is wicked on ig pre 7am
Holding for 25 points in BOTH directions.
(Dont try this at home, and certainly not on the Dow)."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And after successfully closing both positions in profit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-5306.html#post2402262

"Well ladeeze and genlemen that is absolutely positively NOT the correct way to steal 50 points from your friendly neighbourhood spread betting company.
The above is a "Chuckle Brothers" production designed to show how some companies will entice you to part with money based on the huge profits they can generate using a no stops, hold and hope strategy. Stay away from those types."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

Youd be mad to think the Dax wont close unchanged on the day (maybe slightly positive).
All the heavy lifting was done yesterday for FOMC tonight, this is just chop.

"Mr TopStep ‏@MrTopStep 30m30 minutes ago
Largest open interest in SPX options expiring on Friday morning: 146k 2100 calls, 171k 2100 puts. Seems to be some attention on 2100 cash"

Now let me think, if the S&P closes the quarter AT 2100 everyone who bought puts loses money and everyone who bought calls loses money. (They expire worthless), so its in someones best interest to make sure its finishes there. :eek:

But surely this is a free market and 'value' is defined by all the participants... :whistling

Attachments

• see-saw-fat-broker.jpg
    see-saw-fat-broker.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 87
Now let me think, if the S&P closes the quarter AT 2100 everyone who bought puts loses money and everyone who bought calls loses money. (They expire worthless), so its in someones best interest to make sure its finishes there. :eek:

If only it were that simple Postman, a lot more to it than that. Also what about the people who sold all the puts and calls, they just hoover up all this 'free' cash?

Long way till Friday, could be fun.

If only it were that simple Postman, a lot more to it than that. Also what about the people who sold all the puts and calls, they just hoover up all this 'free' cash?

Long way till Friday, could be fun.

Yes, but who sells the puts and calls? Its mostly the people who set the prices (the brokers) surely no conflict of interest there then!

Yes, but who sells the puts and calls? Its mostly the people who set the prices (the brokers) surely no conflict of interest there then!

It's a great wall of money fighting it out for the spoils. Not just brokers btw.

I would 'nearly' say the Dax's excessive volatility is getting predictable/tradeable.

Great days lately.

I would 'nearly' say the Dax's excessive volatility is getting predictable/tradeable.

Great days lately.

I agree with this. I said it on another thread as well. Res / Support areas seem to be very similar. Big numbers = 000' and 080's

Youd be mad to think the Dax wont close unchanged on the day (maybe slightly positive).
All the heavy lifting was done yesterday for FOMC tonight, this is just chop.

I was only 60 points out but it did retrace back to the opening level after I posted (and another 50 on top of that).

Wild days indeed.