Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Will the Dow not tank with Fridays NFP report, which will include all the government shutdown malarkey

Quiet day tomorrow no real news just something about.
UK
Asset Purchase Facility
MPC Rate Statement
Eur
ECB Press Conference
US
Unemployment Claims
Nothing to see here, move along, keep buying the Dow.

when we use pivots markets are totally rational.

pivots identify direction and ranges tell us how far it will go. Pivots force us to follow market and not impose our thinking onto it.

still short 5pts from 751 target

Well, no other person better than you can tell if pivot works or not. I have used them a lot in the past and found reliable only in certain types of market conditions, also works well when daily range is big. With narrow range you will always struggle.

Having said that every one has different style' personality and targets, one can go long and other short and both can make money.this isthe beauty of this market.

JT

Last edited:
.................Well, no other person better than you can tell if pivot works or not..................

Nope, pivots don't work - it's SD that works.

His pivots are just places, for him, where he is prepared to make an assumption about the market. When his assumption pans out he takes adequate advantage, when it doesn't he limits disadvantage. No magic in the lines, just good trading.

Nope, pivots don't work - it's SD that works.

His pivots are just places, for him, where he is prepared to make an assumption about the market. When his assumption pans out he takes adequate advantage, when it doesn't he limits disadvantage. No magic in the lines, just good trading.

Pivots and every other line imaginable. Nothing "works"- it is a point of reference and your trading ability that does it. The same with SD, too. SD of what? The point one uses to calculate SD is different for different traders, too.

Successful traders who use these points and swear by them are, really, selling themselves short. It is their ability that does it.

Last edited:
Pivots and every other line imaginable. Nothing "works"- it is a point of reference and your trading ability that does it. The same with SD, too. SD of what? The point one uses to calculate SD is different for different traders, too.

Successful traders who use these points and swear by them are, really, selling themselves short. It is their ability that does it.

Apparently SD is now a system.
SuddenDeath, you have been dehumanised, you are now one of the algos.

Just to be clear to any newcomers SD is short for SuddenDeath the poster, not a signal.

Expect the Bullish Dowboys to rush headLONG into the data today. Haven't they heard of Bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Apparently SD is now a system.
SuddenDeath, you have been dehumanised, you are now one of the algos.

Just to be clear to any newcomers SD is short for SuddenDeath the poster, not a signal.

Morning all ... spot on Postie

Attachments

• sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 82
Closed another 30% @ 6732 , so I have closed my 80% short on FTSE taking profit of 25 average points.

Short 6760 and 6757 still open.

Well my Dow shorts are looking much better this morning.
Now if only that Dax can move upwards.

Well my Dow shorts are looking much better this morning.
Now if only that Dax can move upwards.

DOW going to touch that red line in my chart...

Overall market looks very gloomy to me so I expect down side ....

Attachments

• DOW_7NOV.jpg
    DOW_7NOV.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 104