Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Whilst the nonsensical (to me anyway) Dow keeps going up, the Dax and FTSE are lower than their close price.

Annoyingly for me this pattern looks like its going up.... :rolleyes:
Anything over 736 is bad for me and I'm out.

I would hold the position until 15800 (or between 15750-15800) and wait to see if dow closes above or between15750 - 15800 if not holding big position.

if closing between 15750-15800 then close position and take loss and wait for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be choppy again but will give market direction. Looking into global chart pattern all looks bearish and facing resistance so my stand is down side.

Cheers
JT

I don't think its a good idea to add to loosing position. if there is a weakness or sell signal than ofcourse yeah :)

I think your right. Never selling the Dow is the order of the day, month, year ad nauseam.
Or more to the point buying the Dow is the only way to go. :LOL:

I think your right. Never selling the Dow is the order of the day, month, year ad nauseam.
Or more to the point buying the Dow is the only way to go. :LOL:

todays dow weakness is due to IBM going ex divi, could this be why we have not hit 15,752?

todays dow weakness is due to IBM going ex divi, could this be why we have not hit 15,752?

Dow weakness. :LOL: Your right its only up 120 points, that's pretty sh!t for a rigged market.

Notice how people call markets rigged when they make the wrong call. ;)

Right the Dow is at the top of ever trend line I have so I'm short at 741...

Last edited by a moderator:
Right the Dow is at the top of ever trend line I have so I'm short at 741...

Given the reaction of the FTSE and Dax in the after hours market, I would say the Dow will close at 15700. If it doesnt then I'm long ftse and Dax at 9pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dow weakness. :LOL: Your right its only up 120 points, that's pretty sh!t for a rigged market.

Notice how people call markets rigged when they make the wrong call. ;)

when we use pivots markets are totally rational.

pivots identify direction and ranges tell us how far it will go. Pivots force us to follow market and not impose our thinking onto it.

still short 5pts from 751 target

when we use pivots markets are totally rational.

pivots identify direction and ranges tell us how far it will go. Pivots force us to follow market and not impose our thinking onto it.

still short 5pts from 751 target

Whilst I agree that your pivots work well, if it were that simple then everyone would use them and the market dynamics would change. There is no one size fits all for Mr Market, and we just have to hope our respective systems are right better than 50% of the time.
And then if we keep losses small relative to gains we all win. (y)

Whilst I agree that your pivots work well, if it were that simple then everyone would use them and the market dynamics would change. There is no one size fits all for Mr Market, and we just have to hope our respective systems are right better than 50% of the time.
And then if we keep losses small relative to gains we all win. (y)

thanks

the pivots sometimes hard to hook up, if the market oscillates around a pivot. sometimes it goes clean through a pivot then its easy, just wait for top.

i try to snipe an entry on the 1min chart. can get tedious sometimes leave an order and forget about it

i remember back to the pending facebook flotation charles biderman of trimtabs said that the markets would bottom once facebook had floated since people were raising money to finance fb shares. wonder if we get a smaller fb liquidity vacuum effect with twitter?

anyone remember when facebook floated?

might be week ending 18th may 2012.

Last edited:
hmm dow is getting very close to my 751?

less than 1 pt away pro's bought it into the close god bless them