Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Yes, you can get sudden extremes, but they snap back to a degree. I tend to take profit (or protect) when half an extreme has arrived. ie: If the extreme (judgement call) is +or-30 I'll be looking for reversion of -or+15.

it would be interesting exercise to look back and see which days the system did not perform well and if it was due to some large constituent having a warning or some news causing it to move in extreme manner

it would be interesting exercise to look back and see which days the system did not perform well and if it was due to some large constituent having a warning or some news causing it to move in extreme manner

That sounds like "I'd like to know the answer but I'm too lazy to do the analysis - can someone do it for me". :LOL:

Anyone think its odd to see the FTSE taking the lead up this morning? Dax and Dow lagging.

Yes, I suppose it's things like that which help set the "extreme" in the first place. It's very rarely one way traffic during the day but, if it hasn't "worked" you can carry over to the next or more (even committing the heinous crime of adding if further extreme levels are reached against you :LOL:).

That sounds like "I'd like to know the answer but I'm too lazy to do the analysis - can someone do it for me". :LOL:

Anyone think its odd to see the FTSE taking the lead up this morning? Dax and Dow lagging.

postman thats not exactly so, i am not privy to barjons returns so how can I do an analysis.

FTSE is lagging the dow ftse at 6805 was implying down minus 40 when the dow was +5ish great bargain

Rest Break.

Postman spotted today:

Sorry Postie and others - couldn't resist.

(Neil - nearly banned):LOL:

Attachments

• pat.jpg
    pat.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 121
postman thats not exactly so, i am not privy to barjons returns so how can I do an analysis.

FTSE is lagging the dow ftse at 6805 was implying down minus 40 when the dow was +5ish great bargain

Here's the file to play with - got some gaps in when I've been away

Attachments

• ftsedow(2).xls
    166 KB · Views: 79
Yes, not posting so much (that's the only way I can offend less people - sorry SD). I've been going over a few 'timeless' articles on the forums after I found myself guilty of some of these sins recently.
Managing Emotions While Trading

its ok postman I was not offended,

you ever come across Mark Douglas's "trading in the zone" book ?

as I type ftse corrects clear undervaluation against dow.

its ok postman I was not offended,

you ever come across Mark Douglas's "trading in the zone" book ?

as I type ftse corrects clear undervaluation against dow.

Thanks for that - I did a google search and the second link in the list was to a pdf of the book! So it can be 'reviewed' before buying;)

just remembered this guy

Amazon.com: The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist (Wiley Trading) (9780470398562): Brett N. Steenbarger: Books

Biography
Brett N. Steenbarger, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. An active trader and author of the popular TraderFeed blog, Steenbarger coaches traders in hedge funds, proprietary trading groups, and investment bank settings. He is also the author of the Wiley titles Enhancing Trader Performance and The Psychology of Trading. Steenbarger received a BS from Duke University and a PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Kansas.

ftse now +23 strong since 9am - looks like i was out way to early seduced by a quick buck or two

i feel a short/long coming on :LOL:

Lee hasn't posted much here lately so I thought I'd share an old one of his that I recommended.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/real-live-trading/32205-live-trading-thread-559.html#post414635

Just a thought for the day.

Lol, good ole Burntcake, still got his head on upside down. Always drives the markets down when he opens his mouth. Was the same when Captain Bush spoke. I used to go long when he was on but then I learnt my lesson.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and....shame on....well.. a fooled man cant get fooled again.