Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning All/zorbas

Japan 15,700 WOW
Hong Kong closed in the morning because of storms.
Back on line now and sinking, could be low liquidity.

ASX 3rd time below 5,160 in 5 trading session's
Held but looks like breaking got to be looking for 4,900 to 5,000
O/E on Thursday could start the push.

Just looking to scalp FTSE or DAX on both side's

If you bored.
http://www.boj.or.jp/en/announcements/release_2013/k130522a.pdf

Last edited:
mornin' all

After a relatively strong day vs dow yesterday (+47) ftse is trading weak so far today (-23). Looks like the 9am bustech is trying though :)

morning barjon.

yesterday the dow had been +100 during the session. must be all the government money going into the market

well that panned out ok - I chickened out of the bustech when it went back a bit and hedged with dow. ftse nice and strong and just closed both for a quick net 8. Not much but I'm happy.

well that panned out ok - I chickened out of the bustech when it went back a bit and hedged with dow. ftse nice and strong and just closed both for a quick net 8. Not much but I'm happy.

ps: it did go to net 12, but I was busy modding and missed it :LOL:

barjon 8pts is great, what percentage of trades are winners using the dow/ftse correlation system

you'd never believe me if i told you, but it's very healthy

i do not think that i have ever seen a loss on that system, if u find the right broker who gives u low margin because of the hedge, it would be awesome,

shame we do not have software to graph/chart ftse/dow on a minute chart

i do not think that i have ever seen a loss on that system, if u find the right broker who gives u low margin because of the hedge, it would be awesome,

shame we do not have software to graph/chart ftse/dow on a minute chart

It's a pretty relaxed form of trading, too. You're not always worrying about direction, although if you hit that right with the first trade (ie: before hedge) it's a nice bonus.

It's a pretty relaxed form of trading, too. You're not always worrying about direction, although if you hit that right with the first trade (ie: before hedge) it's a nice bonus.

you are trading the way hedge funds trade, only thing to be aware i guess if one big constituents is making a big move , then your correlations may get out of whack, like IBM few weeks back

you are trading the way hedge funds trade, only thing to be aware i guess if one big constituents is making a big move , then your correlations may get out of whack, like IBM few weeks back

Yes, you can get sudden extremes, but they snap back to a degree. I tend to take profit (or protect) when half an extreme has arrived. ie: If the extreme (judgement call) is +or-30 I'll be looking for reversion of -or+15.

Today, based on open and then hourly close, we'd gone -23 by 9am then +4, +4, +4 (= total +12) over the next three hours to noon.