Anyone in Thailand?

Hello everyone.. from sunny Phuket... Broadband Internet is a bit flakey here sometimes, but Ok for the stuff I do not really a "realtime" type trader so i suits... The beach is the thing that really helps with my trading lol..

any plans to visit the real world soon ? :)
pedro and i are discussing a bangkok social evening sometime soon ....

Real world !!!! no thanks... I just spent a week in Singapore... what a nightmare.. reminds me of London (only cleaner and no crime)...

No plans to leave Phuket for a while.. but if I need to go up to Krungthep I will let you guys know.. be good to meet up and exchange war stories...

I am off surfing... (hard life) :LOL:

Real world !!!! no thanks... I just spent a week in Singapore... what a nightmare.. reminds me of London (only cleaner and no crime)...

No plans to leave Phuket for a while.. but if I need to go up to Krungthep I will let you guys know.. be good to meet up and exchange war stories...

I am off surfing... (hard life) :LOL:

it just took me 3 hours to get back from suphan buri (180kms) . quick change at home then out to sit in traffic for another 3 hours - this time for about 15km !! :confused:

Glad I found this thread. I'm in Bangkok too. Been here for 8 mos. now. I'm a full-time trader. Coming from the East coast of the US I find that Thailand is a much better place to trade from due to the timezones and cost of living. I'm interested in meeting other traders out here.

Glad I found this thread. I'm in Bangkok too. Been here for 8 mos. now. I'm a full-time trader. Coming from the East coast of the US I find that Thailand is a much better place to trade from due to the timezones and cost of living. I'm interested in meeting other traders out here.

Whats with all you nutters living in Bangkok ??? why would you want to live there when you have all the wonders of Krabi / Phuket etc right on your doorstep ??

if your trading for a living then why not move down to Phuket it bloody lovely down here, its all sea sun and fun.

:rolleyes:

i usually have 1 or 2 days a week down in the office in Hua Hin, believe me that's enough
Can't wait to get back to the Big Mango and some relatively common sense, decent driving, car parking bays that aren't taken up by one scooter at a time, metred taxis that aren't run by mafiosi, farangs that aren't shooting each other, lively bars ....and my wee daughter :)

i am planing to relocate to thailand and stay in bangkok.
i am 34 y. old and planing to do full time trading there.
if any of you have a place to share pls let me know,,,,,,i need place around 1st of march.
i guess it will be fun to share a place with another trader.
if that helps,i am mostly in trade of future, commodities and sometimes forex but all as swing trader.

Whats with all you nutters living in Bangkok ??? why would you want to live there when you have all the wonders of Krabi / Phuket etc right on your doorstep ??

if your trading for a living then why not move down to Phuket it bloody lovely down here, its all sea sun and fun.

:rolleyes:

just had a few days on Phuket - a couple of nights at Surin Beach, then a couple in Patpong itself,
then 4 days in the World's Best Kept Secret. A beach so fantastic, so quiet, so beautiful, it's like Paradise on earth !!!
I had no idea such places still existed.
A mile of golden sand, I never saw more than 30 people on there. The buildings are capped at 3 storeys height, a mix of small guest houses and upmarket villa resorts. Some good restaurants and a bar on the beach that appears to be made out of driftwood.
A few too many Germans for my liking, but you can't have everything I suppose (only kidding Marcus :D )

and yet this small village is only 6 kilometres from the airport ! I suppose it's easy to overlook or ignore it while taxiing to better known resorts, but this place is well worth a look if you want to get away from it all.
Three cheers for Nai Thon beach :clap: :clap: :clap:

just had a few days on Phuket - a couple of nights at Surin Beach, then a couple in Patpong itself,
then 4 days in the World's Best Kept Secret. A beach so fantastic, so quiet, so beautiful, it's like Paradise on earth !!!
I had no idea such places still existed.
A mile of golden sand, I never saw more than 30 people on there. The buildings are capped at 3 storeys height, a mix of small guest houses and upmarket villa resorts. Some good restaurants and a bar on the beach that appears to be made out of driftwood.
A few too many Germans for my liking, but you can't have everything I suppose (only kidding Marcus :D )

and yet this small village is only 6 kilometres from the airport ! I suppose it's easy to overlook or ignore it while taxiing to better known resorts, but this place is well worth a look if you want to get away from it all.
Three cheers for Nai Thon beach :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah.. I know Nai Thon beach.. they do Kite surfing there in the low season.. Shame you didnt let me know as I live about 5 mins from Surin Beach...

Phuket pretty much has it all... I am going back to London for a few months in a couple of weeks .. and I am not looking forward to it...

am back down next week, around 27,28,29 til early Feb.
maybe grab a beer if you're still around ?
I didn't call last week 'cos I had the missus and babby in tow - it was birthday week for both of them so I didn't want to abandon them in Bangkok.
But back solo next week ......

I live in Thailand too. I trade forex actively.

I'm actually a stock broker in Thailand so if anyone has questions about the stock market here, feel free to ask me at the next meet up. I work at both the institutional and retail level

I live in Thailand too. I trade forex actively.

I'm actually a stock broker in Thailand so if anyone has questions about the stock market here, feel free to ask me at the next meet up. I work at both the institutional and retail level

I think another meet should be arranged ASAP....

Rathcoole - you have functioned well as organiser so far...

how about 14 Feb, some quiet candle-lit place, just all the lads, no birds, then on to Nana for some serious naked go-go ?
what you think ? anything else happening around that date, can't put my finger on it ?

how about 14 Feb, some quiet candle-lit place, just all the lads, no birds, then on to Nana for some serious naked go-go ?
what you think ? anything else happening around that date, can't put my finger on it ?

yes - a slow, lingering death involving scrotum crocodile clips & a car battery if I go out with you....

Elsewhere in the world, i have no problem with IG markets CFD platform. However, in Thailand it never loads the dictionary, and streaming never shows L2 details. I had IG look at it, and they couldnt work it out. I have tried on both my machines. Both XP with all the patches.

Does anyone else use the IG L2 platform in Thailand, and does it work for them ?

Elsewhere in the world, i have no problem with IG markets CFD platform. However, in Thailand it never loads the dictionary, and streaming never shows L2 details. I had IG look at it, and they couldnt work it out. I have tried on both my machines. Both XP with all the patches.

Does anyone else use the IG L2 platform in Thailand, and does it work for them ?

You need bandwidth - with a standard internet connection here - you do not get bandwidth.

You need bandwidth - with a standard internet connection here - you do not get bandwidth.

I have a 3Mb line with low contention (it does cost 2500 a month), and regularly download at 300+ KB/s, and upload at 100KB/s Which should be enough. I have used it in wifi places (other countries) with very little bandwidth and its ok (with the occasional auto refresh as the software realises it has missed out on something).

If i remove L2 dealer, and then re-install by downloading from IG, that only takes a couple of minutes - so no problem there.

There definitely seems to be a block somewhere. I dont know whether it is the ISP or something else. Do you set up any ports ? or special security settings ?

I have a 3Mb line with low contention (it does cost 2500 a month), and regularly download at 300+ KB/s, and upload at 100KB/s Which should be enough. I have used it in wifi places (other countries) with very little bandwidth and its ok (with the occasional auto refresh as the software realises it has missed out on something).

If i remove L2 dealer, and then re-install by downloading from IG, that only takes a couple of minutes - so no problem there.

There definitely seems to be a block somewhere. I dont know whether it is the ISP or something else. Do you set up any ports ? or special security settings ?

No special set up - just the True SME business package. You could have a routing issue.

I can't comment on IG but this package + Tradestation is fine.

Does anyone here happen to have a quality Internet package through TOT? I purchased a condo out in Chaeng Watthana and will be back there soon for an extended period. I do have Internet access, but not real happy with the bandwidth. Prior to calling the company and trying to explain something to them, I thought perhaps one of you would be able to give me some idea as to what package I should ask for. I just don't want to spend half an hour on the phone with someone and then have to start over with someone else until they finally say they have what they think I want; then I end up with something else entirely. Thanks for the help and unfortunately I will not be back to Thailand until 8 March and will miss out on the festivities of the 6th.