Anyone in Thailand?

Trading legislation in Thailand

Hi I wonder what the Thai law say about trading CFD's in Thailand?

Is it legal or calssified as gambling I wonder? I am currently trying to find out but I just get the feeling the authorities in Bangkok is not so sure themselfs on subjects like this.

You guys whom are trading from thailand; what do you trade? Hás there ever been any obstacles from trading here in thailand?

Hi and also I wonder rathcoole if u are running a trading "arcade" here in Bangkok?

I ve read that you can short stocks and trade futures on the set, but I haven't feelt the bi desire to open an account and trade it, as u say I can imagine it a bit corrupted, and freezing like that haha, and also that the normal thai ppl are all long in the markets..

Hi I wonder what the Thai law say about trading CFD's in Thailand?

Is it legal or calssified as gambling I wonder? I am currently trying to find out but I just get the feeling the authorities in Bangkok is not so sure themselfs on subjects like this.

You guys whom are trading from thailand; what do you trade? Hás there ever been any obstacles from trading here in thailand?

Do not tell the Thai authorities you are trading here - period.

Stocks, CFDs, spread bets, anything - just don't tell them. Simple.

Trust me - I have been here for over 10 years. This is all about visa/work permit regs & you would become unwelcome very quickly if you told them you were working here.

ok

Do not tell the Thai authorities you are trading here - period.

Stocks, CFDs, spread bets, anything - just don't tell them. Simple.

Trust me - I have been here for over 10 years. This is all about visa/work permit regs & you would become unwelcome very quickly if you told them you were working here.

Have you been trading from here 10 years? May I ask where you trade, I understood it like exiclee_racoile had a trading arcade somewhere in krueng thep, but I am yet to get that confirmed, wud be interesting for me to know.

Anyhow, the I understand the authorities don't know anything about anything in thailand, but they still have the power, so is cfd trading; 1. legal
2. not legal

?

Have you been trading from here 10 years? May I ask where you trade, I understood it like exiclee_racoile had a trading arcade somewhere in krueng thep, but I am yet to get that confirmed, wud be interesting for me to know.

Anyhow, the I understand the authorities don't know anything about anything in thailand, but they still have the power, so is cfd trading; 1. legal
2. not legal

?

I have been working here for 10 years, I run a company here. I know employment/visa/labour laws pretty well.

It is up to the Thai authorities to decide if you are working or not. If you tell them that you are making a living, trading any type of instrument then they will certainly class you as working - which is illegal without a work permit.

Your question is irrelevant, the instrument type is not relvant to whether you are breaking the law or not. Working without a work permit is illegal and you will NOT get a work permit for trading from here.

If you are Thai, your question becomes relvant but different laws about offshore investing/fund holdings come in to play for them which again makes the CFD point moot.

Why are you actually worried about this ? Just get your retirement/spouse/tourist visa, trade & keep your mouth shut about it !

HI Pedro
I am interested in hearing from someone who has traded in Thailand for as long and obviously knows what he is talking about.
I am currently forex trading in the uk for a living but would like to come to Thailand as I have travelled Thailand extensively and know that my eczema clears up whilst in Asia.
I use capital spreads to place my trades and there is no way of anyone knowing this which is why I understand you getting annoyed with people asking if trading is illegal or legal as no one will ever know if you are trading or not.
My concern is the speed of the internet connections over there. Having travelled I know that the connection speeds can be effected badly by children playing games when they all leave school in the afternoons etc.
What speed are available? How long does one have to wait to get broadband put into their accomodation? what are the monthly costs? is there much down time??
Any info you can give would be much appreciated
thanks
Haircut

HI Pedro
I am interested in hearing from someone who has traded in Thailand for as long and obviously knows what he is talking about.
I am currently forex trading in the uk for a living but would like to come to Thailand as I have travelled Thailand extensively and know that my eczema clears up whilst in Asia.
I use capital spreads to place my trades and there is no way of anyone knowing this which is why I understand you getting annoyed with people asking if trading is illegal or legal as no one will ever know if you are trading or not.
My concern is the speed of the internet connections over there. Having travelled I know that the connection speeds can be effected badly by children playing games when they all leave school in the afternoons etc.
What speed are available? How long does one have to wait to get broadband put into their accomodation? what are the monthly costs? is there much down time??
Any info you can give would be much appreciated
thanks
Haircut

Internet speeds depend on the area - where I live (Rajadamri) I can go up to a 5meg line for a non-business user. The cost is about 800 baht/month for my current 1meg line.

At work I have a 2gig line which we use constantly. Cost is about 75,000 baht/month but dropping every year.

Now - I currently have 1meg but do sometimes have performance issues with Tradestation. My secretary has arranged an upgrade to 2meg so I'll see how that goes, also I was using wireless at home which I may have to drop as it could have been the problem.

I did start off using Finspreads & performance was not an issue with them but Tradestation is bringing a lot of data to my PC, plus I switched to wireless at home.

In terms of time to install - in Bangkok you can call one day & be up & running the next. There is very little down time here and now in central Bangkok, very few power cuts.

Most betting sites are blocked in Thailand but a proxy can easily get around that. Using proxies is being outlawed in Thailand & some proxies are blocked - but that's easy to get around too.

Spread betting sites are not currently blocked but if people go to the authorities & ask if it's OK to spread bet, they'll end up being blocked too.

Whilst CFDs aren't gambling according to UK law, gambling is illegal in Thailand & it is up to the Thai authorities to decide if they want to make trading UK CFDs illegal from Thailand. I doubt it's something they have even thought about but I am sure if a lot of people bring it to their attention, they can block access to that too !

there seem to be a growing number of traders in Muang Thai, especially Krung Thep

anyone fancy a social evening one night ? it means missing the evening US action, so maybe Options Friday would be a good date ?

there seem to be a growing number of traders in Muang Thai, especially Krung Thep

anyone fancy a social evening one night ? it means missing the evening US action, so maybe Options Friday would be a good date ?

I'm up for that !

Where do you go when you want a beer in Bangkok Ratchoole ?

I'm up for that !

Where do you go when you want a beer in Bangkok Ratchoole ?

that I admit to ?
the new Penalty Spot near soi 25, sometimes Bullys near the Marriott, rare occasions Robin Hood.

that I don't admit to ?
hmmmmm ........... will my missus read this I wonder ? :LOL:

it's not often I get over your way but I guess the Roadhouse would be a good place for a meet (before the band starts) ?

that I admit to ?
the new Penalty Spot near soi 25, sometimes Bullys near the Marriott, rare occasions Robin Hood.

that I don't admit to ?
hmmmmm ........... will my missus read this I wonder ? :LOL:

it's not often I get over your way but I guess the Roadhouse would be a good place for a meet (before the band starts) ?

yeah - I spotted that penalty spot a few weeks back - I went in there on the opening day.

I'm a big fan of the Bulls Head - just up from Robin Hood.

If you want to meet silom side - I'd prefer the Barbican to Roadhouse. It's a good after place venue & if we want to use the upstairs room where we can be alone, we can have that for free.

yeah - I spotted that penalty spot a few weeks back - I went in there on the opening day.

I'm a big fan of the Bulls Head - just up from Robin Hood.

If you want to meet silom side - I'd prefer the Barbican to Roadhouse. It's a good after place venue & if we want to use the upstairs room where we can be alone, we can have that for free.

if you're a big fan of the Bulls Head, then that would do for me !!
(help me keep Billy the guvnor quiet, cos I never go there as much as I promise to.)

Lets see if we get any more response from other people in and around Bkk then we can fix up a date and time ?

nah mate, leave it aaht !
but was thinking of going to the comedy, i think it's next week ?
keep getting the bloody reminders clogging up my email

:LOL:

I think I'll still be in LA then - but I usually go to the Friday night show.

I won the raffle there a few times too !

if you're a big fan of the Bulls Head, then that would do for me !!
(help me keep Billy the guvnor quiet, cos I never go there as much as I promise to.)

Lets see if we get any more response from other people in and around Bkk then we can fix up a date and time ?

Cool - we can introduce everyone to Billy

"awight mate"

Can't beat a bit of chirpy cheeky cockney can you ???

I've probably been in there same time as you ! You ever do the comedy club ?

Cool - we can introduce everyone to Billy

"awight mate"

Can't beat a bit of chirpy cheeky cockney can you ???

I've probably been in there same time as you ! You ever do the comedy club ?

nah mate, leave it aaht !
but was thinking of going to the comedy, i think it's next week ?
keep getting the bloody reminders clogging up my email

Internet speeds depend on the area - where I live (Rajadamri) I can go up to a 5meg line for a non-business user. The cost is about 800 baht/month for my current 1meg line.

At work I have a 2gig line which we use constantly. Cost is about 75,000 baht/month but dropping every year.

Now - I currently have 1meg but do sometimes have performance issues with Tradestation. My secretary has arranged an upgrade to 2meg so I'll see how that goes, also I was using wireless at home which I may have to drop as it could have been the problem.

I did start off using Finspreads & performance was not an issue with them but Tradestation is bringing a lot of data to my PC, plus I switched to wireless at home.

In terms of time to install - in Bangkok you can call one day & be up & running the next. There is very little down time here and now in central Bangkok, very few power cuts.

Most betting sites are blocked in Thailand but a proxy can easily get around that. Using proxies is being outlawed in Thailand & some proxies are blocked - but that's easy to get around too.

Spread betting sites are not currently blocked but if people go to the authorities & ask if it's OK to spread bet, they'll end up being blocked too.

Whilst CFDs aren't gambling according to UK law, gambling is illegal in Thailand & it is up to the Thai authorities to decide if they want to make trading UK CFDs illegal from Thailand. I doubt it's something they have even thought about but I am sure if a lot of people bring it to their attention, they can block access to that too !

Hi Pedro01

I also use Tradestation in Bangkok and I am having terrible problems with the Charts almost everyday. Sometimes prices differ from the quote screen or lag the matrix. As explained by Tech support I am having a problem with the routing of the connection to the TS server. Are you having similar problems ? If yes did you corrected them ? HOW ?
I really need some help here since my indicators only work for TS and I currently considering changing to Esignal

Thanks

Hi Pedro01

I also use Tradestation in Bangkok and I am having terrible problems with the Charts almost everyday. Sometimes prices differ from the quote screen or lag the matrix. As explained by Tech support I am having a problem with the routing of the connection to the TS server. Are you having similar problems ? If yes did you corrected them ? HOW ?
I really need some help here since my indicators only work for TS and I currently considering changing to Esignal

Thanks

Charts are fine for me but I have been having problems with radar screen.

I am in LA at the moment so I haven't tried again since my upgrade.

If routing is the issue, you'll need to take it up with the ISP. I've had routing problems at work before now and have got the ISP to fix them so it's not an insurmountable issue.

Which ISP do you use ? It is possible that if they fix this for me - it'll fix it for you too!

I'm back on the 16th & will be looking at the issue again then.

Cheers

Pete

Charts are fine for me but I have been having problems with radar screen.

I am in LA at the moment so I haven't tried again since my upgrade.

If routing is the issue, you'll need to take it up with the ISP. I've had routing problems at work before now and have got the ISP to fix them so it's not an insurmountable issue.

Which ISP do you use ? It is possible that if they fix this for me - it'll fix it for you too!

I'm back on the 16th & will be looking at the issue again then.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pedro01

I am using True for the ISP and I have a connection of 4 kbmp with them. This problem got really bad 2 weeks ago, since then nothing. I will really appreciated if you could let me know when you come back from LA if anything have changed. In the meantime I will talk with True ....

Thanks !!

Hi Pedro01

I am using True for the ISP and I have a connection of 4 kbmp with them. This problem got really bad 2 weeks ago, since then nothing. I will really appreciated if you could let me know when you come back from LA if anything have changed. In the meantime I will talk with True ....

Thanks !!

Same ISP as me !!

I'll keep you posted.