anyone heard of London Global Investments

Good idea! call them and arrange it I'm sure you will be welcome as there is nothing to hide. By the way sceptical is with a C not a K FYI. Hope to see you monday.

Sorry to disappoint you tradesupport :sleep: but sceptical can also be spelt as skeptical (US English) :eek: and Monday has a capital M

London Academy of Trading

Set up by professionals from a trading, technical and fundamental analysis background, we :clap:believe:clap: we have the experience and expertise to provide a unique level of service at the London academy of Trading. :LOL::LOL:Understanding the needs of our traders :LOL::LOL:is paramount to what we strive to achieve and gives us the cutting edge in the service that we provide. We work closely with each individual trader :D:Dto determine your trading technique:D:D and provide an easy to follow structured programme that harnesses the skill of the trader to take advantage of market volatility.

Our aim is to create an environment that allows traders to gain confidence and develop their skills. To achieve our goal, a mentoring programme has been put in place to support the traders. The mentors use their experience and knowledge to :LOL::LOL:provide up-to-date information such as market analysis and commentary,:LOL::LOL: knowledge on market processes/forces:LOL::LOL: and 'investment banking style' training courses on the various :clap::clap:tools:clap::clap: needed to trade and profit from the fluctuations in the financial markets.

Anybody who trades understands that this is not based upon belief, Forex is not down to fundamentals, Traders have to be given structure and rules the list is endless.
Basically you are a group of non ENGLISH SPEAKING conmen. You don't know squat, you come across as crooks, why don't you advertise yer services at a trade Expo? Because yer couldn't even compete with the likes of Greg Sucker and Darren Winters ******s.
The Only tools you need to trade effectively and profit consistently are:
Computer
Charting package with some standard indicators
Data feed
A set of rules
A trading plan
A Coach on a weekly basis to review your trades.
The only tools you will get from this course is the original poster of this drivel and his likewise brothers/mothers/fathers/sisters they're all the same.
A tip, get yerself over to east belfast and compete with James Nesbitt who is busy advertising spread betting as a retirement option. I am sure when they see what is on offer they will offer you a hedge fund laundering terrorist assets or if not a chance to leave without yer kneecaps.

:mad::mad::mad:

Ladies and Gents,

Not a big poster here, but rather a lurker.

I recently attended the said open night and whilst it was OK, howas was certainly not left with an overwhelming urge to hand over any form of hard currency.

I must premise this that I work in the city on a trading desk as an assistant but am toying with the idea of prop over the next year or so, and as a result my experiences and expectations might differ from those that are reading this thread.

I felt their setup was kinda ' Mickey Mouse' by comparison to what I am used to. I saw no evidence of BBG or reuters terminals/interfaces and the training room was VERY tightly packed. Not that I was expecting spacious environs, but it certainly did heighten my awareness that it could be seen as a more churn n burn 'pack em in & ship em put' kind of operation.

I too had a chance to speak to a few of the staff and hear the 'Great Paddy' deliver a brief intro to TA, which they obviously use as the basis of their trading. There was a defintive air of 'salesperson' around and as a person who has previously worked in sales, I can smell a sell a mile off. Whilst there was no particular hard sell I could see where the pitch was leading. I felt the information given during the seminar was rather cursory and wishy washy, and for a person who was not from the industry per se, they might be dazzled by the 'opportunity' and potenital for upside wealth. But hey I'm a strong sceptic (we keep the world honest!) and have a pretty good BS radar!

I would be keen to get a greater insight into the specific experience of each person named on the website and thus far mentioned in this long thread. Rahul also spoke, but again I was not convinced by him that the quality and structure of the program was sufficient for my liking and would really appreciate more back ground information on the expereince of staff and directors, so potential clients of LGI could make an honest and informed decision as to whether or not they feel the 'opportunity' meets their needs and expectations.

The model itself is not flawed as there are indeed people who do turn out to be good traders from these sorts of operations and I DO know 2 for a fact. If they can devise a business model that allows them to create a revenue stream whilst they find the true 'talent' to trade company funds, then I have no issue with the company. Agreed that the less that sincere means of marketing is not really doing them any real favours, as the internet age allows a high degree of transparency around operations like this, but like everything else in life it's a case of 'Caveat Emptor' or Buyer Beware.

Perhaps in the future LGI could offer up properly audited accounts of successful 'employees' ? I know Futex has many examples of these for prospective clients to review.

So far I've spoken to Amplify, Savi and Futex. And of the lot Futex is certainly the most 'pro' of the lot and is more inline with what I was expecting, coming from a bank.

Amplify was jsut starting out at the time so I've not gone back to check them out but will do so once I come closer to making my final decision.

Savi was OK and the directors credentials certainly checked out agains this said previous employers relative to his stated experience so that was certainly refreshing considering the amounst of chicanery and snake oil'ing there seems to be going on aroudn these boards. They pretty much like LGI only focus on FX, well this was at the time late last yr.

In light of this and ever diminishing bonuses at banks, this is meaning that I am doing a lot of due diligence as I nor anyone else can really afford to hose hard earned cash. I'm not out to cast dispersions against any of the said companies, however they are a business and in the modern age they certainly are employing some 'suspect' methods marketing and trying to entice and attract business. The main message is to do your Due diligence and check them all out as much as possible.

Perhaps in a years time we could all invite them to this forum for a roubd table to discuss the relative merits of their company/model and the successful employee's of previous schemes. Ultimately i feel this would be the most transparent method of really valuing thier proposition to the market itself.

Thanks
Wiggy

Wiggy

Thanks for your insights.

My opinion would be that these people are not really prepared to be schooling people for prop trading........

They are depending on indicators for their trades and that is not what the market will be requiring for a prop trader in future.

This outfit is set up more to take money from people who will be trading on their own as a casual interest, very few of the graduates of this course will be great successes.

My feeling is that the course fees would be better deposited in an account and the person join a room such as the one Mr Charts offers or one of the other excellent rooms available from members of this forum and learn from someone who is actually entering real orders on real accounts based on shared criteria, that is just my opinion.

When I started I was fortunate enough to be in a room operated by a lady who had learned to trade with only price bars on her chart, and her training was her attempt to share her knowledge with newbies like me at no charge. I am sure that there are reasonably priced rooms where the owner willingly shares his secrets and that would be so much better than depositing a huge sum to a 'trainer'.

These companies bring it on themselves. Firstly they spammed T2W with the usual 'has anyone heard of...' line. Then some other clown came on and said he had experience of them and was on the course, needless to say he got caught out as the first course hadnt even started. Then people really started to look into them more deeply and all sorts of inconsistencies appeared.

These guys are just marketers and academics with a few degrees and certificates to their name, if they knew how to trade they'd be trading, not selling crap courses to people.

Hi,

This is my first comment so apologises if it’s in the wrong place.

I was seriously considering enrolling on the LGI course. I have always wanted to trade the markets but despite getting top A levels and a solid 2.1 i have been unable to break into the financial arena. Thus the LGI course looked very attractive.

However, this thread has been invaluable (and downright funny at times....) and i can't thank my lucky stars enough to have come across it.

Pboyles - you (and others) do really seem to know what you’re talking about and your arguments against paying for a training scheme that pretends to be a job offer make total sense. However, i have been offered/am applying to jobs that provide free training (futex, met traders, schneider trading associates etc) with the promise of a job on the other side if the candidate is capable enough. I was hoping you could shed some light on these companies? Since their not charging for the training it looks far more legit but this thread has turned me into a sceptic. Any thoughts that you or your colleagues may have would be thoroughly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Wiggesworth

They are legit however it will be very difficult to get in and getting in doesn't guarantee success. The companies you mention are totally different from the likes of LGI who will accept anyone who pays them. The problem nowadays is a lot of new companies are pretending to be like Futex etc.

Ian, what do you think about the way they market their courses. Even as a lecturer there you've got to admit its a bit sleazy and kind of makes them come across as double glazing salesmen?

Hi My name is Ian Coleman and I have been an analyst and trader for 20 yrs now. I write regular columns and teach on FXSTREET.COM.

http://blogs.fxstreet.com/samuraitrader/

I have inside knowledge of LGI. If anyone would like to PM me then feel free

OK my understanding is that you lectured at LGI - is that still the case or have you moved on?

Why would you want anyone to PM you if you have nothing to hide and your post is not yet one more recruitment drive on behalf of LGI? Please share with all on the forum your "inside knowledge of LGI" so we can judge where you are coming from.

I was so sure the saga of LGI had been buried, now it rears its head again.

So........ we are either going to hear more of how great it is........ or we are going to hear what we already know.

I am going to get some Easter eggs to eat while the drama unfolds.

this thread is hilarious......keep it up guys!!

sorta sad for the poor guy who started the thread and his henchmen...... I guess they did not realize that traders check things.

Really sad that people get sucked into these courses.

I do quite agree with you.. there have been a huge number of laughs generated by the posts in here.

sorta sad for the poor guy who started the thread and his henchmen...... I guess they did not realize that traders check things.

Really sad that people get sucked into these courses.

I do quite agree with you.. there have been a huge number of laughs generated by the posts in here.

yeah fo' sho......

sad fact is everyone wants to be a trader thinking they'll be millionaires but it aint the case. You really need a passion for the financial markets to offset the early mornings and hours of sitting in front of the screen. These people know which emotional buttons to press to ensure a sale and there isnt going to be a shortage of takers anytime soon. I checked out the website and the emphasis on technical indicators which will be taught is overwhelming!!! People really need to do there due diligence before taking the plunge.......oh well, i had a good chuckle!(y)

yeah fo' sho......

sad fact is everyone wants to be a trader thinking they'll be millionaires but it aint the case. You really need a passion for the financial markets to offset the early mornings and hours of sitting in front of the screen. These people know which emotional buttons to press to ensure a sale and there isnt going to be a shortage of takers anytime soon. I checked out the website and the emphasis on technical indicators which will be taught is overwhelming!!! People really need to do there due diligence before taking the plunge.......oh well, i had a good chuckle!(y)

Always remember.... if you really want to use ichimoku you can pay them the big bucks and learn what the ichimoku indicator can do :LOL:

I like the way he doesn't mention he works for them and then gets called on it. They would be better just shutting up.

Hi Guys

I posted a while ago aboout LGI and the fact that I have first hand experience working there. Sorry it has taken time to get back, it was not intentional. Anyone who would like to contact me please do on
[email protected]

There is a saying ' a fool and his money are easily parted'.......there are sharks in the water !!!!!