andrewmooton - training with insight experiences

Hi Trader Dave

The other members I assume are going to wait till they finish the course. All the T2W members that registered for the free training have now reached a point where they have to provide their own analysis and I provide a detailed video (streaming download) covering that analysis they provided - looking at ways in which they can improve and points that may have been missed. I am awaiting their analysis.

Cheers

Trader_Dave said:
any further updates from the other two members who reviewed the course?
There will be but, at present, time is at a premium on other matters.

Final Update:

Having now received the video analysis feedback for the final module, my course is completed.
Since the majority of my "review" has already been written here on an on-going basis, and since most of the course content can be seen at http://www.insightsupport.com/flver/training.php a concluding overview of the course is all that remains to be written.

Overall I found the course very informative and helpful. My main interest was in the TA aspects as I had little TA knowledge, and so it proved to be the most interesting and enlightening part of the course for me.
That said, I fear the Indicators /EOD / Individual share basis of the course is not something I personally feel particularly comfortable with, nor a method that I personally would use. I have no doubt that the methods taught would with practise prove to be a successful trading strategy. However apart from gaining a lot of knowledge and practise of TA , the course has also enabled me to eliminate certain things from, and encompass others into my thinking.

If there are negative aspect to the course, then I still (despite Stu's protestations) feel that the "auto response" style of answer to the written modules could be improved upon, and also ~ as previously mentioned ~ feel that the absence of any mention of Money Management is sadly lacking.

The most postitive aspects are without doubt the almost "mentorship" like support, and the superb facility to see full video analysis of your trades clearly pinpointing where u got it right/wrong. The members website is also an excellent resource.

It just remains for me to say thanks very much Stu for enabling me to do your course, and for your assistance (and patience)! throughout. I wish Insight Support a prosperous 2005 :)

Wot no money management?

alliance said:
Final Update:

If there are negative aspect to the course, then I still (despite Stu's protestations) feel that the "auto response" style of answer to the written modules could be improved upon, and also ~ as previously mentioned ~ feel that the absence of any mention of Money Management is sadly lacking.

:)

I thought, - believe and teach -that Money Management is 95% of Trading!!
:eek: I've got it wrong! :eek:

Serious Question Chaps, if it was not FREE would you have paid the asking price for it? and the monthly subscription? are you going to pay the subscription now? sensible honest answers please.

Last edited:
Serious Question Chaps, if it was not FREE would you have paid the asking price for it?

Easier to answer in hindsight of course... and yes, I think it definately represents very good value for money for those new to SB'ing and TA. Obviously I couldn't answer as to the benefits of it as a refresher for more experienced traders.
and the monthly subscription?
Depending upon your trading style/timeframe I would think that the subscription (incl "free" for 1st month of the course £15.95 pm thereafter) is probably excellent value for money for the EOD charts facility alone, far less the loads of other resources onsite. I didn't maximise my use of it bcoz I am already subbed to Sharescope, and used that for my charts.scans etc.
are you going to pay the subscription now?
No, as already stated, I already have an annual sub to Sharescope.

It's not a scam! I provided training to several people free of charge and that was for the full course, no downloads, it was sent to each of them by courier - where is the scam? Only a couple kept their promise and provided unbiased feedback on the course, that was in 2004. Since then Insight has grown and is a known provider of trader training. Furthermore, our training website, also provides a free course with no catches. Perhaps you should also note that I have also written various articles, one of which is being used by T2W.

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/spreadbetting/

Sales? If you are putting fliers about, the whole thing should come under psychology, and that's a gentle euthanism. Infact, let's start a whole new topic/catagory/sub catagory on the boards....let's call it ....GREED. Greed as the catagory, what about the sub catagories?

Exploitation?

Grooming?

Hidden agenda?

Easily lead?

Wannabee's?

Too quick.....too soon?

PREDATOR or PREY? Which one are you?

My PC killed my comment.. here's a shorter version:
Not a scam. I have seen a good few systems over the last few years, seeing how people try to automate trade selection is a bit of a hobby of mine. For the price Insight is a good deal - you get training, coaching, instruction and support along with a method for entry and exit.

You also (when I tried it) need to read the terms and conditions to check the 'lock in' period which operates (or did operate) whereby Stu ensures that you don't sign up for 1 month just to strip the site then cancel. Whilst I consider this perfectly sensible and honest I personally thought at the time it could have been stated a bit more simply - I doubt I'm the only person who seldom reads past the first few lines of 'terms and conditions'.... mankinds most effective non-addictive alternative to strong tranquilisers.

I don't trade the way Stu does, so I stopped it after a short while - at no point did I ever think what was on offer wasn't worth the small sum he was charging.... many a system out there contains nothing more than Insight's material (a great many are very similar) and you get a PDF and that's that.

I have no connection with Insight, other than I looked it over a year or so back. I used to sell my own TA software, now I support existing users only. End of disclosure. Forgive me if I am wrong on this Zenda, but aren't you providing training etc in direct competition with Insight ? I apologise if that isn't so - but I have always found it appropriate to mention my position when commenting on a competitor on T2W and would hope that others would do likewise when contributing to a discussion in which they have a stake?

Dave

In response to your question Dave JB

DaveJB said:
I have no connection with Insight, other than I looked it over a year or so back. I used to sell my own TA software, now I support existing users only. End of disclosure. Forgive me if I am wrong on this Zenda, but aren't you providing training etc in direct competition with Insight ? I apologise if that isn't so - but I have always found it appropriate to mention my position when commenting on a competitor on T2W and would hope that others would do likewise when contributing to a discussion in which they have a stake?

Dave

No I'm not in direct competionwith insight - never even considered it competition- I do my own thing - I train beginners - mainly in Forex but I still work with Finspreads with spreadbetting courses I sell inexpensive beginners courses and trading systems on CD and have been doing so for many years - I do pass comment on those that promise much and deliver little but that is well covered here - I do not post anymore here on a regular basis, but I do advertise on this site and use their marketing services- if you want to know what my students think then there pages and pages of testimonials in my own forum - what I dont do is hype, charge a lot, run courses at weekends when the markets are closed, charge for ongoing support, flog software etc - I leave that to the others! - All my software and data feed is free, no extras and lifetime support! This probably will removed - I am just responding to the above post - Zenda (PS no-one has ever accused me of Scam!) :cool:

Scams! No idiot is going to accuse you of scamming.........that's why they are idiots. Good luck in the future, and i mean it. Some people deserve to be ripped off.

Catagory: GREED.

GREED: The wanting of money, but can't be bothered putting the effort in.

That's the market meaning.

A three day course will not give you lashings of money....think about it!

'Buy the idiot',......Why not?

People are so greedy.

I am.

But when it comes down to the markets i know what i am up against.

I've heard so much in the past.....

I cry with laughter.

Be careful!

Dear Andrew

Thank you sincerely for the genorisity you demonstrate in the sharing of the insight experiences.

TP

I see that there is a FOREX option for an extra £119 too. Anyone tried it and if so, is it worth it?

Is Insight any good for trading index futures?