andrewmooton - training with insight experiences

As an aside I did report the threatening private message you sent me a while ago
He wrote to me as follows:

Yawn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop being an ****.

I'm not contributing here..
He may have a point but that's for others to decide.

LII

stu has a new website up and running ,i was wondering if any traders has taken the course,costing 495 :confused:
www.positivetrading.co.uk ,i had a email today ,this is part of it,i hope you dont mind ,stu..

This lead me to Scott Spencer, who's method of trading in Direct Access is totally unique, there
is no guess work or real analysis of charts. In fact anyone can do it. I was so amazed by it that I
snapped up Scott and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. This resulting in the first time that
my company has put its name to a product that I didn't write. All the gaurantees are there, all
the support and guidance you can expect from Insight, everything is backed by myself and my
company Insight Support Limited .......

any one care to comment ,who has actually done this course,t,also why 495 quid and not 295 quid,what's the difference that makes the difference :p

Hi Bally

I don't mind you mentioning it, but its not the course that's on review here. The reason its that price is simply its a life time one off payment, you get the full support from two people - myself and Scott. It's a different course to that which I personally run. My own course focus is Spread Betting, using technical analysis. Scotts courses focus is Direct Access and doesn't use any technical analysis, or fundamental analysis. That's why I decided to publish it for Scott - it is unque and certainly different.

The product has only just been launched, and I would be surprised if any T2W members are members yet.

Please note that Scott Spencer runs the course, I provide some support but it is Scott that provides most of the training. He's very good and a downright nice guy.

Best leave it at that before all the bell ringers start complaining that I am promoting again ........... I'm just answering a question... honest....

Hi All,

Just an update on my side. All the T2W members have received their modules and are well underway into their training. As far as I know there are no issues that these members are having. I expect that they will add comments at later stages of the course - that is entirely up to them of course. For now, things are going well.

Regards

Update:
Module 1-4 basically covered the following:

* Intro's to how stock markets work.
* Indices, Sectors, Individual Stocks etc
* Basics of SB'ing.
* How to SB.
* Very brief synopsis of The Dow Theory.

Module 5 covers the part that I really wanted to learn about as my TA knowledge is severely limited. It covers:
* Japanese Candlesticks.
* Fibs
* Ema's and Sma's
* Support/Resistance
* Triangles
* Head and Shoulders
* Bounces
* Consolidation
* Trends
* RSI
* Momentum

There are Videos onsite (tho disappointed that some are still currently unavailable), which "walk u thru" a visual version of the text in the module.....the couple I have watched helped me grasp the theory much quicker than the text alone did. I am assured by Stu that the missing videos will be uploaded soon! I am well aware that there are many excellent books available which deal with most of these subjects in much greater detail, however, if like me u dont wish to read every book on every aspect of TA, then this is most certainly an ideal way of getting an overall understanding and perhaps prompting u in the direction of books on the methods that most appeal.

I still find the "auto quote" answers to the submitted modules very impersonal (especially as the main claim of the website is the PERSONAL support). Perhaps even a brief paragraph @ the bottom with overall comments would be better. Having said that, any and all questions submitted either onsite or by em@il have been answered very promptly.

I submitted a chart of my own after the first part of the TA module with questions etc as I wanted to ensure that I had the correct understanding, and received feedback within 24 hours. The ability to be able to do such things as submit your own charts and have them analysed is a huge advantage (imho)of the course. I believe that later in the course the feedback will also be by way of video analysis of the charts the student submits.

In summary, thus far the course has been excellent for me personally. Ok, in modules 1-4 I learned only the odd thing I did not know before, but as a refresher it was not time wasted. In module 5, I have and still am learning loads about the mechanics of TA.

Last edited:
Hi Alliance,

Thanks for the comments and am pleased that you're finding the course of use.

The 'auto quote' method you mentioned isn't entirely automatic. I do read and comment where required on all modules at the end of the email that your recieve back and on the online version that you can see through the student centre.

The personal support I provide is directly in relation to questions etc. that you submit, as you know from the chart that you wanted me to have sneeky peek at. Sometimes, I do get very busy but thank fully because of the systems I have in place I can provide support to issues that are classed as urgent first and so on - so no one ever has to wait to long.

You're spot on with the later modules which you should be getting this week (they were sent Monday). This is where everything clicks into place and you supply me with your own analysis. It is at this stage that many students find everything makes sense. When I receive your analysis, I provide a video comparing your analysis with that of mine, looking at points of improvement etc. and of course where you're getting it correct.

The other online tutorial videos were delayed sadly by the developers. They now have new copies and will be uploading them within the week.

Thanks for posting your comments and look forward to receiving your analysis very soon :)

Cheers

The personal support I provide is directly in relation to questions etc. that you submit, as you know from the chart that you wanted me to have sneeky peek at. Sometimes, I do get very busy but thank fully because of the systems I have in place I can provide support to issues that are classed as urgent first and so on - so no one ever has to wait to long.

Stu... one would assume that as your system becomes more popular and more people "enroll" on your course, the work required on your end (such as video feedback) could easily become out of hand for one person (from who I understand, also actively trades)...should this be a concern considering it is such a strong element of your course?

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave

Thanks for the question.

The systems that I have had built allow me to leverage my time effectively. So I can provide fast support to urgent questions, provide support on courseware and assess modules. The videos that are produced for students don't take too long for me to do and I only do a handful every week, as and when students reach that stage in their training. It is a strong element of the course, but the number of videos, even after two years of running Insight and trading still, hasn't slowed me down just yet :)

Cheers

Dave:
Having this morning received the module which (when I complete it) will have the follow up video analysis, I note that it says video analysis of trades feedback MAY take up to 2 weeks to receive...(as opposed to the usual 48 hours). Guess that will allow time for any bottlenecks Stu may encounter.

A couple of further things I would note:
Stu recommends IG Index....(tho he lists other companies too) I always have been with IG anyway, but not sure why Stu would recommend them to newbies as I know their spreads are not terribly competitive! Having recently opened a demo with CS, the spreads there are much better tho obviously not 24 hour trading. Stu??? (EDIT: Apologies, I missed the finspreads note)! :eek:

I am a little surprised that (tho mentioned briefly), there is not much more emphasis on using Demo acccounts whilst in this learning phase. Again, to my knowledge..IG do not provide Demo accounts! Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Lastly, altho no actual advice is given to trade, it could be asumed that "students" would want to give it a go, and in addition to lack of emphasis on demo accounts, THUS FAR...little if any mention has been made to any kind of money management strategy.

Hope u take all these points in the spirit in which they are intended Stu..i.e. constructively :)

(btw, am I now the only person reviewing this course? Haven't heard from Andrew or the
others in ages) :(

Last edited:
Stu,

Thank you for your reply...point taken.
----------------------------------------------------------

Alliance,

Thanks for your last post. It is very informative and subjective. Looking forward to when you have completed all of the modules so you can provide an overall post.

Regarding the other persons reviewing this course? I agree, what has happened to them? Stu was kind enough to provide you free access to his course...you should live up to your end of the agreement and post your reviews and thoughts accordingly...I'm sure there would be many members interested in hearing them.

Dave

Hi Guys,

IGIndex are fine in my opinion and have been with them a while. However, I do supply all the details of all the brokers that are out there, certainly wouldn't want to force anyone into a firm that wasn't suitable and that isn't my intention.

I can see your point (alliance) about the demo account and have been thinking of ways to make more of a pro-active involvement of demo trading platforms. The member website of the student site Trade Focus, does include a demo trading platform that you can use - as both a portfolio manager and as a virtual trading platform.

Oh and the videos, I say two weeks, but usually am a great deal quicker - it depends on how busy I am at the time.

As for the other members that were given free membership and training. I know they are still out there, as have been sending them their training modules and have provided support to most too. Sadly, although there was a 'gentlemans agreement' that they should post their thoughts, I can't make them. Hopefully they will, as it helps me make tweaks to the course and making it better for all and it also allows you to get an unbiased opinion.

Regards

Hi,
okay... apologies to Stu might be in order (I tend to post 'warts and all') so here's my 4p worth... should be 2p but I go on a bit/lot:-

I agree with others (and earlier posts I made) that replies aren't obviously from a person, they look like FAQ extracts - I accept however that if STU sees no reason to add to what was going back anyway then he doesn't add to it or amend it - from a 'PR' point of view a small extra comment from Stu that makes it obvious he reads submissions would I think pay dividends.

Can he keep it up when customer base increases? No - I doubt it, despite the queuing system he says is in place to prioritise things. However, the obvious step at that point is to deal with SOME posters, who have unique problems/ideas, on a one to one basis whilst many will actually find their 'answer' can be dealt with along with 20 others - Stu needs to have the ability to pick important points out, the things that affect most users, and deal with a whole bunch of users in one go - you lose the 'Hi Bert' email intro (possibly - somehow I doubt that so many emails addressed to 'Dear Dave' are really a sign that countless sales types know me personally). There is no reason why Stu should not manage to handle a few hundred/thousand a week this way - most fall into the 'answer 14a' bracket, some he does 1 on 1.

I do this myself already - this isn't an advert, but some customers get a 'standard reply' others get long and detailed responses... one recent correspondent got 4 LONG emails back when he wanted me to add something to my program, He got about 10 A4 pages back before he saw sense, that guy is on my free trial and he isn't the first to get that sort of detailed response... I see no reason why Stu can't do that too - he seems keen on the topic, and when you are into trading then 4 am is bedtime, you need plenty of sleep before the LSE opens after all <g>

I'd judge the guy on what you can see so far - so here's the confession:-

I PAY for access to Stu's site - I'm a developer, and before you decide my stuff must be rubbish I use some of my company cash to look at stuff every year.. I'll buy Omnitrader, Delta, all sorts as a business expense because (let's face it) ANY trader, given a chance, would buy one of everything to see if it works.

Pros:- He does video tutorials, they are watchable and sensible. Con - not very good quality first time around, but I've done screen capture videos myself and it isn't that easy!
Lots of info onsite, especially USEFUL info.. lots of it, go look.
Sensible trading System - Stu's method isn't, ultimately, the one I use or like - but it's not bad. It is a proper system - he goes into entry, exit, and money management, there is more to a system than entry but newbies (especially) think the entry is all that counts.

Cons - I have two. One, the bit I mentioned earlier in the thread, and in this post - replies to modules do not appear to have been generated by a person. I am now fairly convinced Stu does look at them, I think the problem here is that he doesn't add to them/edit them to make it obvious. I still think replies shoudl reflect customer submissions to a much greater extent - he will put new users off long before they decide to continue with Insight otherwise... it is the raw newbie who most needs a 'human' reply.

Second - I've actually discovered this is the first site on the internet where you HAVE to read the small print... a month after signing up I decided I was good enough already not to need any extra help... the contract I agreed to means I now stay as a subscriber for 6 months, and pay £50 for the 'method', so I feel trapped by an agreement I hardly read - who reads 'terms and conditions' for crying out loud - Microsoft's go on for bloody pages!

I think the 'deal' should be spelled out concisely, and when you sign up you should see 'you will pay X then, Y then, Z then...' not only on the site, but also on the email you get on joining... I am amazed to discover that I have to query things like 'what do I have to pay' with Stu by email.... I should Stu is in fact very reasonable, I think his agreeement should reflect this, as it is all above board etc but NOBODY reads the small print (especially when it changes) and Stu is actually a 'treat me fairly, I'll be fair with you' chap to deal with - he is actually let down by what I'd consider a lack of transparency on the billing side.

I would stress that I have paid a fairly small amount to use Stu's facilities, the real 'complaint' is that I worry, on occasion, what else I missed in the agreement! (I got a 'please pay, most people pay £300...' email this week, for example - an email later Stu said 'ignore it' but to a newbie a £300 bill might be a heart attack!) Stu the person is a nice guy, Stu the company occasinally scares the **** out of you, Stu is a nicer guy than his automail system and therefore I heartily suggest newvbies etc try him out, but if you are EVER worried you should just email him and chat - he is FAR nicer that his automated email service, and will happily mak exceptions for those who stumble blindly into his domain!

As a software producer/website geek I can say that Stu has some decent stuff on his site, I have got 'this far' for £50 (one off) and something like £16 a month (can't be bothered checking - I pay enough a month for all sorts) and I think it's damned good value -
Dave

Hi Dave,

Can I thank you on one of the most intelligent posts, that is both constructive (not negative) and helps everyone get a better idea from a students perspective.

I have a few points to mention, simply just to clarify to stop any misunderstanding.

First of all the course offer that you enrolled on was a special offer - the only one I did where there was a clause to pay a certain amount (not heaps, but mainly to cover costs). The terms and conditions show this offer still, as we have a handful of students who are still under that offer. This offer of 'pay after 8 weeks' has now been removed.

The training course has always (apart from the above offer) been a fixed fee, followed by a subscription to Trade Focus - you're NOT locked into any agreement and can cancel the membership to Trade Focus at any time, you don't even have to contact me to do that.

I do read everyones coursework - it wouldn't be professional for me not to. Also, I will usually place a closing comment relating to the students work, in conjunction with the replies to the students answers. It is automated to a degree, to speed up my time and reduce costs (making this more cost effective for students to sign up). However, I make a point of reading them all and do when required add more in a closing comment. The modules are only part of the training - there is of course the videos; which the quality has improved upon with the help of better software, but we have to keep them at a sensible size, so everyone can download them quickly. Plus of course there is the direct support that I supply when ever it is needed and most do comment positively on the speed of this.

The terms and conditions are going to be made more transparent and will be shorter - and not require a degree in legalese to comprehend. The sum of the T&C's is that we can't be held responsible for your trading, we don't offer financial advice, the copyright of the material and refunds/guarantee.

I like to think that everything that I provide is as transparent, helpful, reasonably priced and personal as I can make it. Posts such as yours Dave, Alliance and Andrew etc. do help ever so much.

Thanks

Cheers,
glad it didn't offend <g> The T&C's are legit, it's simply that we are all by now so immune to screeds of stuff that we ignore it. Not Insight's fault, I'd suggest - not the only item I've noted that is basically open and above board whilst looking less so... a bit like negative advertising!

It IS a good site, I would have no hesitation in sending new TA users there for a decent grounding... you'll learn an awful lot, in my view, quite quickly... as ever that'll then mean you do the 'postgrad' stuff under your own steam, but you don't get a lot of training for a couple of hundred quid these days, so I reckon this is VFM.

Dave

HI,

Sorry I havent updated in a while.

I havent forgotten and will be continuing soon, I just got caught up in something else for a while.

Ill get something together in the next couple of days.

Sorry I havent updated in a while.

I havent forgotten and will be continuing soon
Me too.

I have to say I've been waiting for the dust to settle on the thread before commenting further!

Who is Zenda? Who cares?

I have today received modules 4 & 5 which begin to deal with trading techniques. I have not yet read them thoroughly but on a skim read they look promising. I will report in due course.

The earlier modules are an introduction to trading in general and spread betting in particular. They would be helpful to a beginner and their content, in that context, is to be commended. I have to say that if I were a new punter I would be getting a little frustrated by the lack of action. Perhaps that is a good thing as it may teach patience and an itchy mouse finger in the hands of the inexperienced is a recipe for financial disaster.

LII