• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

There was a lot of blaming Darwinex normalizer/risk manager but at the end Darwinex seems to be the only place where you can trade as you want.

but at the end Darwinex seems to be the only place where you can trade as you want.
Besides the ugly 10 minutes rule (more than 50% of the trades must last longer than 10 minutes), but 'I don't know whether that is only checked when applying for a Darwin. I never read that a Darwin was suspended because of violating that rule.

The hardest point in that rule can be that you have to trade your specific volume every week as also described in that rule.
Ah... About the consistent rule, MFF offer NCA (non consistent account). If choose this, you can skip consistent rule.
I'm trading 10k$ acc of MFF with CEA (consistent account enable) to test the water and check whether I can adapt with consistent rule or not. Since CEA have biweekly payout benefit. While NCA only monthy payout.
If not, I will change to NCA.

Everything so far so good. I choose TickMill VIP account, and the condition is awesome (both spread and com)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218-160518.png
    Screenshot_20210218-160518.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20210218-160653.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-160653.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 106
I intended to stop talking about prop firms. However, I see some mem still interested in.
So, let's take a look at this

- You complain about the fee. There is no any fee on this firm. Just, open your own account on IcMarket (with minium required deposit, 100% controlled by yourself). Show your trading skill to reach 20% profit with max 7% relative DD in 6 month. You funded up 300k$ and can scale up to 1.2M$, 50% profit share.

I tried to figure out how this prop firm get cash in with this no fee rule. The only way is affiliate commission with IcMarket.
One other way is the tough target: 20% profit with 7% max relative DD. This will harm traders. If traders is not enough skill of risk management. But even this, your money flows to IcMarket, not this prop firm.

If there is no any hidden rule, this prop firm seems to be the one that tries to locate real talend traders and get benefit from their skill not their money.

@itstradingtime , @TrainerTXR: is it attractive?

Last edited:
That is the point.
There is a balance between requirements and subscription fee.
So we have TFs with no requirements and a fee or TFs with high requirements and no fee.
High requirement and no fee is more similar to Darwinex and its Darwinia.

20% with 7% DD means a very lucky semester, after that there is a 90% probability the next semester will be a loser so no fees to earn for the trader and we have 1 year of commissions for ICMarkets and for "funded-traders".

Last edited:
20% with 7% DD means a very lucky semester,
Agree! Very tough target. But it's free.

we have 1 year of commissions for ICMarkets and for "funded-traders".
Actually, I dont thinh much commission generated for IcMarket.
A good trader might not fullfill the target but be profitable in 6 month is very normal.
I mean that we just trade as usual and wait for our lucky semester. If not, we can target some profit, since we are trading on our own account.
And 50% profit share is better than 15% of Darwinex so much. Also, we no need to care about back and forth of dumb money in our normal DD.

Last edited:
come&go of dump money.
90% if investors are dumb money that is the reason I compared with Darwinia allocation.
Business model is also similar, they collect commissions from everyone and they pay ~20k per month to the luckiest or most skilled.
It seems convenient but somenone has to verify if they pay.

You need to deposit 8k and trade with a var of at least 10% to meet the target.
On Darwinex you can deposit 4k and trade one microlot or a var of 1%... it is much more cheap.

90% if investors are dumb money that is the reason I compared with Darwinia allocation
I understood your mean. So, I corrected my comment.
And you're correct. Payout proof is an important thing now.
In facebook group "forex prop firms" (almost 1k members), day by day, we discuss, share all info related to prop firm. Which is good, which is NG, which is fishy, which is supportive, friendly, payout proof and their improvement. So, I will update soon.

Their site is pretty empty and recently designed, and this is NG ;)
Where are the winners and their trackrecords?
A myfxboock trackrecord of a real 300k account would add much more credibility.
The most likely explaination is that they are not a real prop firm, they are only an introducing broker.
Thy will reward the few winners with a demo account with some excuse like FTMO is doing. ;)
The only real risk is your, they collect some kind of rebates redistributed as prizes.

Thy will reward the few winners with a demo account with some excuse like FTMO is doing.
Please specify that for FTMO - I didn't find anything against FTMO paying their traders until now besides the traders broke their rules (which partially are traps as there are on every program)

Last edited:
They are givindg demo accounts they state it clear.
Than you can believe to their explaination or think it is a excuse to avoid a real risk for them.

They are givindg demo accounts they state it clear.
Than you can believe to their explaination or think it is a excuse to avoid a real risk for them.
The make their rules mainly in a way that the divergence between demo and real account has to stay low.

Their rules include traps like
- minimum 10 trading days per month (I don't know whether vacations are possible to agree, but you can run a lazy EA with 1 microlot trade size to keep the damage of it low for a couple of days :))
- no open positions over the weekend (you should pay your internet provider in time) to avoid trading any gap results on the demo produced by tp or sl orders (you know that MT4 demo is trash on that point)
- no news trading on specified assets, including trade execution on sl and tp orders
- a tough daily loss limit
and maybe the one or the other more.

It is just an advantage for German citizens that you don't trade a real account and the result does not affect your trading losses capped in the tax declaration as published here on my investment portfolio. You send an invoice to FTMO and they pay it.

Another disadvantage could be that they work with IC Markets, Admiral Markets, CMC markets and other brokers who pay a high affiliate commission and I'm sure they know how to get it. Clients might pay for that by oversized spreads and irregular market moves or strange prices from time to time. Even if I never saw that on my MT4 demo during the free trial period, I know that can be a different price feed. But you are also not refunded from LMAX if a provider does not offer prices during the market opening. That's a kind of bad lottery which happens very, very seldom until now.

I'd really like to know who makes money with FTMO for several months or longer than one year. Youtube videos about periods of more than 12 months business relationship with them are very rare.

Last edited:
@itstradingtime , @TrainerTXR: is it attractive
If it is like that, it might be worth considering.
I joined the world cup of trading last month. On the website it was written that you needed to join through ATC Brokers if in the UK. I already had 2 accounts, but I had to create a new one for the competition.
Spread is up to 10 times bigger than the normal account, while commission is 3 times bigger. Obviously, the only one really earning from this thing is the one who created the competition, who clearly has an agreement with the broker to rip off traders who join (like me) :)

I might actually have a chance to pass the FTMO challenge this month. Starting last week with +9.1%, so another 0.9% to go.
In case I pass, not sure if I will be joining next one soon. These competitions are quite time consuming and, right now, I wouldn't exchange 1 month of commitment not even for a million dollar account :)