• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

Well honestly, to get the kind of forum criticism which exists (PPP), there’s no point to lose energy

Unlimited accounts and unlimited baits.
They bait you and require a new profit target to make you fail.
When you fail you are back to square one while on Darwinex you build a trackrecord.
The value is in the trackrecord not only in earnings.
Yes, I agree on that. They require 10% profit in 4 months to increase the capital by 25%, while the maximum drawdown is still 10%. Since, in case I passed the challenge, I would set my trading strategy with an expected max drawdown of 6-7%, for me 10% would be a return hard to reach even in one year of trading, let alone 4 months. But, you know, from time to time you can also be lucky and cash in that additional 25%. It doesn't hurt for sure, unless you try to reach it by all means... a bit like Darwinia :)

I think the best way is take both of them.
Absolutely agree. No harm in doing both.

I studied FTMO more carefully.
I would define it almost convenient.
Phase 1 and 2 require gambling to reach profit targets.
So more than a proof of skill I would define it a test for the ability to design martingales with the right risk profile.
Even if the martigale is carefufully designed there is at least 50% probability to fail.
The good news is that you have a free second attempt if the profit is lower.

The real selection is phase 3 with no profit targets, to avoid a DD of 10% you need to trade with a var of 4% and an expected annualized return of 5-6%.
With this risk profile it wiil be very difficult to produce a lucky row of 4 months to reach 10%.
I think it could happen once every 2 years.
The real way to scale up is to add a second and a third account up to 300k.
5% per year is 15k for a net 10.5k profit.
Not a living but you can sum it to Darwinex and other stuff.

Last edited:
So more than a proof of skill I would define it a test for the ability to design martingales with the right risk profile.
Even if the martigale is carefufully designed there is at least 50% probability to fail.
Agreed!
Just, if no apply martigale or grid, we have to adjust our original strategy to low R:R. And just, patiently, follow the plan of risk, wait for our favor market.
to avoid a DD of 10% you need to trade with a var of 4% and an expected annualized return of 5-6%.
I think just trade conservatively in 1st year. After that with bigger buffer, we can risk more to get better return.
Of course, with skilled traders, they know well how to handle this.

Just check underlying of IRY, SUG, HFD, SRI, AZG, VRT with good buffer at 1st years and some luck, more profit (or even huge profit) can be achieved in next years.

Last edited:
FYI!

I've just checked it out.
Another seem-to-be-reasonable option!
-Standard risk policy: 350$ for 50k capital
+ Evaluation phase 1: +5%/-10% target. No time limit. No positive day rule. Leverage 1:10
+ Evaluation phase 2: same as phase 1. Just, leverage 1:3.
+ Get 50k and split 80%.
+ Double capital for each 10%. (If happy with current capital, just withdraw money)
+ -10% max loss is same as FTMO is absolute DD from initial capital.

Just, there is no much evidence about the participants and withdarwal as FTMO.

I read some comments on YT some of these low profile programs could fail to pay, up to invent excuses not to. So definitely get some feedback first

I don’t know why FTMO would require gambling or martingales. Just use proper leverage and keep your losses cut tightly. Too ample trading, which is often the case with mechanical trading, is the bad habit to fight. Otherwise, there are 30 occurences to make it, 30 days ;)

Another approach is to accept the idea to pay for more ticket entries with the idea to pass the test quicker just due to accelerating the cycle of opportunities calibrated to be sufficient. With adequate leverage, with 50:50 success, it could happen as soon as the 2nd time. You get the big picture
Because time is money, and getting funded 1 month earlier can eventually be time enough to refund the participation fee once funded

In the end, EnFoid is very similar to FTMO, with almost exactly the same parameters. But he‘s the opposite of popular / mainstream and thus comes with doubts and should not be a first wise choice. That said, apparently there is a Discord server with users, just like you can find Facebook groups of FTMO

Got to bear in mind that this phenomeom cannot be granted the title of guaranteed viable entrepreneurship but could be fragile for many reasons. That’s why I would stay with the dominant leading references of the sector as well as adapt and definitely focus on the quick-to-fame programs and also calibrate yourself to succeed quicker than taking your time forever long. I think you’d commit a mistake thinking it’s okay to take it very slow over months or years. Hence my previous remark about accelerating your participation.
There is no guarantee these companies will last forever. Many indicators suggest they could absolutely fail and crash at some point due to uncontrollable outcomes. That’s to factor in (outside of bad faith)

FYI!

I've just checked it out.
Another seem-to-be-reasonable option!
-Standard risk policy: 350$ for 50k capital
+ Evaluation phase 1: +5%/-10% target. No time limit. No positive day rule. Leverage 1:10
+ Evaluation phase 2: same as phase 1. Just, leverage 1:3.
+ Get 50k and split 80%.
+ Double capital for each 10%. (If happy with current capital, just withdraw money)
+ -10% max loss is same as FTMO is absolute DD from initial capital.

Just, there is no much evidence about the participants and withdarwal as FTMO.

7A399993-3489-485B-8B83-4C9C27A622DE.jpeg

0196EED3-2DD6-4DAA-B250-E09E33FB65B6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no guarantee these companies will last forever. Many indicators suggest they could absolutely fail and crash at some point due to uncontrollable outcomes. That’s to factor in (outside of bad faith
Totally agree!
And thanks for pointing out above points of TradersCentrakFund

The guy running EnFoid

C3DC860D-A3C8-4490-BD40-70AD22FD7840.jpeg

Which could be translated as : “Please make a donation” if I’m being humourous 🤣

This is the reason I pretend transparency, not to tease losers but to verify what happens to other partecipants.
A single user complainig does not prove nothing, you wil never know if he is a frustrated loser/hater.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TLN
Hey friends

I read a few pages back and saw that you prefer FTMO, I did not understand why, I prefer The5ers' growth plan, True there is less drawdown, but much more potential.

The drawdown only taught me to be a much better trader, not to go wild and rely on luck
It seems that you missed my conclusion about The5ers. Post in thread 'Alternatives to Darwinex' https://www.trade2win.com/threads/alternatives-to-darwinex.238827/post-3177889
At first, like you, I think The5er is better but think twice. FTMO is much better.
The5ers is just for our dream.

The selection is a always a farce, there are no profit targets in real sustainable trading.
So it is better to focus on what you get after the farce/selection.
The real selection is alwyas vs the maket: being able to profit for years.
On FTMO the farce lasts for 3 months while on 5ers it lasts for 6 months.

Last edited:
There are a few entirely free plans (more or less a a guarantee required) based on prior quality assessment, that can analyse external TR eventually

Bloke related to Enfoid’s trading room: SwingFish

Live trading filmed on an ongoing basis, with positive conservative consistent results

Repost

So being a part of this group and endorsed by a veteran there enables a quicker free evaluation process

Admitting their site is not the most neatly written but seems less manipulating than other ones, you got access to $700k with 1:100 leverage right away for either 1% or for free if your performance is validated through previous track record at their discretion, so many succesful Darwinex users could actually reach them as a potential viable additional funding source. And it promises black on white to apparently provides real funds at excellent brokers, while many other programs are likely running idle on virtual money

Otherwise, the growth plan is clear and more entitling than The5ers (max $1.28M) and on par with FTMO (2M €)
2.2% on avg for 3 months leads to +20-25% equity size (better than The5ers at 2.5% requested during 4 months)

Lastly, for an extra “insurance” fee of about $500 per account, the maxDD which is really equity loss, not trailing, can be increased from -10% to -20%

I mistook The5ers for FTMO

To clarify

FTMO and Enfoid also have no more time limit after only 2 feasable steps
And Enfoid, could have zero time limit as long as you’re vetted through personal screening

However, there are some notably worse points about The5ers :
- low maxDD of -4% , whereas -10% for FTMO and -10%/-20% for Enfoid
- low maxDD reseted at each steps
- way too many steps (5) when FTMO has 2 and Enfoid 0/1/2
- marked asymetrical performance versus maxDD expected +10%/-4% as soon as the second step, during 4 more, whereas FTMO and Enfoid have 2 equilibrated steps of +10%/-10%

In other words, The5ers is way harder close to impossible and will take you a lot more time to complete (if at all). I’m guessing it it takes forever, there’s to pray that they you don’t runaway for your life / disappear in the meantime, wasting all your our efforts

Reactions: TLN